PDA

View Full Version : I had my account hacked and stolen pls beware

bigbcarroll2008
09-13-2008, 07:58 AM
I came home from work on wed nite, put my tv and xbox on to find that my profile had been recovered on another console.:eek: To my horror ive lost everything on my account, gold membership, MS points, friends and ultimately my gamerscore. It is only around 40,000 but ive worked really hard at it 4 the last couple of months.

The hacker had been able to view all my contact details and enter my linked e-mail account and change passwords. How can someone be able to do this so easily? Well xbox have been very helpful in this matter but its been escalated to their investigation dept. and im awaiting an outcome soon.

This person changed MY gamertag to; Mc LIF3 ,without my permission and using my MS points. So people beware, i dont know what i cud have done to prevent it but its too late but hopefully i can reclaim MY gamertag again

RFT 123
09-13-2008, 08:45 AM
Ouch, unlucky for you. This seems to be happening more and more, makes you wonder how they get in. Really scares me, incase it happens to me.

vI Starlight Iv
09-13-2008, 09:20 AM
yeh wtf hpow do they get in?

anyway in the past microsoft have been well unhelpful in circumstances similar to this

bigbcarroll2008
09-13-2008, 09:35 AM
I dunno but they did and I have to wait till microsoft look into it. i mean come on, its clearly my account i should have it under my control like within a few hours after comfirming every little detail except wat i had for dinner. I hate worthless lazy scumbags like that, Ive worked real hard 4 it and they steal it ffs. wish i was able to find their email address somehow and personally tell them were to go and wat to do!!

Squattin Nevill
09-13-2008, 11:19 AM
Seriously, why would anyone want to do this?

darkskyofclouds
09-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Seriously, why would anyone want to do this?

because they have nothing better to do in life and they think it's funny like i told my friend use a strong password and i had a buddy give up his info to someone he meet on halo 3 because they told him that they would boost his gamerscore what a tard he lost his account and email linked to it

InkedUp
09-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Nobody should be able to hack your account unless you have them your info. People have been getting caught up in this because they get phished when they give someone their info that says they can get them achievements. Really hope support can help you with this though, but don't hold your breath

bigbcarroll2008
09-13-2008, 01:52 PM
i didnt even give out my details, im really fustrated as im being messed abt on the phone. however i did get a msg on xboxlive about offers on accessories available on xbox.com:(

ive a feeling im gonna have to start again ffs:drunk

Santa
09-13-2008, 02:02 PM
So you just got hacked? Magically?

You obviously clicked one of those 'increase your penis size and earn 1000 MS points by entering your email and passwords in'.

Or you're friends, aren't as friendly as you'd think.

VeNGeD
09-13-2008, 02:42 PM
I would love to know how this is happening to people who dont give out any info on their account. Are you 100% sure you didnt put any info on these sites that apparently give you free points or what ever?

Law
09-13-2008, 02:49 PM
Make sure you use one of those button combo passwords. Even if they get your account, they cant log into it on there console without knowing that password.

bigbcarroll2008
09-13-2008, 03:12 PM
i got directed to xbox.com/us about good deals on accessories but it wouldnt find it so i searched through my browser, maybe when it didnt find it, it gave away my details? not sure. in response about button code, i have it on another account but 4got bout this 1. spoke to xbox, they believe they can get it back to me but im not so sure.

PLEASE NOBODY MAKE THE MISTAKES I HAVE!

Too much of my time has gone into the likes of fifa 08, gta 4 to be stolen just like that, think im just gonna get drunk:drunk and enjoy my birthday this weekend!! life sux

War-Lord
09-13-2008, 03:53 PM
Well keep us updated man. Good luck getting it back I feel for you.

VeNGeD
09-13-2008, 04:04 PM
Wait button codes wok when the account has been recovered? Ive had a button code on my account for a while now but I didnt think it would still be on the account when recovered.
And I hope ypu get your account back, I couldnt imagine what its like to lose all the time you spent playing on it and the progress you got for some fag to steal the account. Good luck man.

bigbcarroll2008
09-13-2008, 04:45 PM
Thanks ppl, ive opened a new account in the meantime to numb the pain but id rather add the gamerscore to MY PROPER ACCOUNT.

Ill keep ya all posted

vI Starlight Iv
09-13-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks ppl, ive opened a new account in the meantime to numb the pain but id rather add the gamerscore to MY PROPER ACCOUNT.

Ill keep ya all posted

if i was you dont earn any special achievements or you will have to do them all again sorry mate

Raven1709
09-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Maybe they got it through your friends hacked GT. Not too uncommon that emails are linked by another. Happens regulary that on msn messenger people just add you through some sort of virus. Sends out a worldwide message to add people you once emailed with.

bigbcarroll2008
09-13-2008, 05:59 PM
im just gonna play round with soul calibre 4 and use the messages on xbox live since its free 4 a month. my last special ach was the last region on fifa 08 to make it 990/1000, lets hope i dont have 2 do it again:Bounce:

roy1751
09-15-2008, 05:32 AM
Another phishing victim, but thanks for sharing so that other people know not to enter their live password into shady links they get in xbl messages or emails.

InkedUp
09-15-2008, 06:28 PM
Also make sure that if you go to xbox.com you look at the address bar, I have heard of some people getting hacked because they sign in to xbox.com on a fake website that looks just like xbox.com, but the address bar doesn't say xbox.com

mirageisbk
09-15-2008, 08:32 PM
Also make sure that if you go to xbox.com you look at the address bar, I have heard of some people getting hacked because they sign in to xbox.com on a fake website that looks just like xbox.com, but the address bar doesn't say xbox.com

God the lengths some people will go to...

Sorry about your account, I kinda know how it feels having a ton of hard work go to waste. Good luck.

Superfro33
09-15-2008, 09:26 PM
That is horrible and something I don't ever want to even think about having to deal with. Super lame.

I hope you get some resolution out of it at least.

ITS OVER 9000
09-15-2008, 10:12 PM
sorry to hear about your account being stolen
this reminds of the story about the person who was given recon armour by bungie for killing himself with a sniper (ingame of course) someone phoned m$ and pretended to be him and managed to trick them into changing his details needless to say the guy was pissed

Tussell
09-15-2008, 10:15 PM
This person changed MY gamertag to; Mc LIF3 ,without my permission
You make it seem like, had he asked, you would have given him permission.

Tiberian
09-15-2008, 10:51 PM
Seems to be a more common problem now a days, what with spyware on the increase and keyloggers. Even people who are careful what websites they visit can't always be sure they are safe (although a good set of Internet security software is a must).

Good luck getting the account back and keep contacting MS about it.. Its your account, don't give up if MS are being slow, give them a reminder you are still waiting and check with them what the progress is if you've been waiting a week or so.

xI C0uch P0tat0
09-16-2008, 02:50 AM
Mine got hacked pretty recently too. I only had a gamerscore of around 18,000. Some people get hacked and have like 90,000. That would suck. They had to cancel my account but they did give me a free Gold Membership.

My advice would be to change your password about every month and use a passcode, like someone suggested, so if you do get hacked they can't log in with your profile. And it might be a good idea to cancel your credit card, so there won't be anymore fraudalent charges.

bigbcarroll2008
09-16-2008, 09:34 AM
Mine got hacked pretty recently too. I only had a gamerscore of around 18,000. Some people get hacked and have like 90,000. That would suck. They had to cancel my account but they did give me a free Gold Membership.

My advice would be to change your password about every month and use a passcode, like someone suggested, so if you do get hacked they can't log in with your profile. And it might be a good idea to cancel your credit card, so there won't be anymore fraudalent charges.

My credit card was the only thing that wasnt on my account details, the only way they could trace my account was an old 3 month gold membership card. Though they would have enough of my details to order a credit card or god knows what else!

Inyaface13
09-17-2008, 04:08 AM
I was just wondering...What can Microsoft even do in this situation? I am just wondering in case this happens to me.

bigbcarroll2008
09-18-2008, 07:22 PM
I was just wondering...What can Microsoft even do in this situation? I am just wondering in case this happens to me.

Im yet to find out but I'll post an update when they contact me.

Just make sure u enter the official xbox web address every time u want to access it. Dont copy and paste from random msg on ur xbox msgs or email account

bigbcarroll2008
09-21-2008, 08:37 PM
Hey guys,

Microsoft told me that they cannot recover my gamertag as the hacker changed the live id address. They have given me 2 months worth of gold membership to replace what i had left previously, but ive still to find out about my microsoft points!!

This person is called bellom carter. A female, 26 from 221e 1st st, st. louis missouri.

If you know this person, u cannot trust them. They may have hacked my gamertag, email address but forgot to erase their information.

I dont know if there is anything I can do but im asking you guys, wat do u think i should do? (except anything illegal)

Thanks

TugSafc
09-21-2008, 09:11 PM
Hey guys,

Microsoft told me that they cannot recover my gamertag as the hacker changed the live id address. They have given me 2 months worth of gold membership to replace what i had left previously, but ive still to find out about my microsoft points!!

This person is called bellom carter. A female, 26 from 221e 1st st, st. louis missouri.

If you know this person, u cannot trust them. They may have hacked my gamertag, email address but forgot to erase their information.

I dont know if there is anything I can do but im asking you guys, wat do u think i should do? (except anything illegal)

Thanks

Looks like you will need a new account from fresh then, or why not hunt them down? You know their address.

bigbcarroll2008
09-22-2008, 06:23 PM
Looks like you will need a new account from fresh then, or why not hunt them down? You know their address.

Yeah, ive just started a new 1, that wud be a great excuse to go the U.S!!!

Dodgekfc
09-22-2008, 08:56 PM
man that sucks this happend to my friends account he never told me
what microsoft did but he had to start all over but they did give him a free
12 month gold membership