PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing until RB2 is in stores?

Dex
09-13-2008, 08:53 AM
This thread can be locked in about 30 hours... and anyone who already has the game doesn't need to post. Please.

Rock Band 2 comes out for the 360 on 9/14, and it's currently 9/13. You know you're gonna buy the game this weekend. So what are you doing today (or what are you plans) to get you to Sunday... with some sanity left intact?

Rock Band 1 marathon? Watching RB2 videos on YouTube all day? Freezing yourself in snow for 24 hours?

Personally, I'm going to stay off my 360, and do anything in my power not to think about Sunday.

I'll probably end up walking around in circles in my living room, creating a moat, of sorts, due to my rigorous shoe tread creating an ever-deepening circular trench around my living room carpet. Oh, this will be a long day indeed.

HumphriesT
09-13-2008, 09:30 AM
Working 4-10. Not a bad idea. do some menial work. get paid. than yeah. sleep. wake up.

My gamestop called off our midnight release that they promised. Assholes.

I just recently got the 1000/1000 GS for Rock Band 1, and bought my extended license thing. So... im pretty much set regardless.

Other than that, my friend has my hard drive so even if i wanted to, cant do shit with my xbox. Ive also cleaned heavily around the house.

Strangely enough i do this everytime a game i really want is coming out.

... im kinda scared about gears 2. ill pry clean out the damned house...

-tommy

Inhale3xhale
09-13-2008, 10:27 AM
I finished the Endless Setlist today, for the second time. Kinda reacquainted myself with the songs, and helped me decide if I wanted to delete a few off so I didn't have to play them ever again. And I did. I'm ready to grab this game. I don't have work Monday, and my bro is staying home. Once Gamestop opens, and I unwrap that case, the Xbox is gonna undergo a rigorous playing. :uzi:

ZServ
09-13-2008, 10:53 AM
I'm trying to get the money FOR the game. :P

Dex
09-13-2008, 11:09 AM
Working 4-10.
This might be the first time in my life I've ever said this - I wish I was working on Saturday. Time would go by so much faster.

I thought about going to visit my parents later this afternoon... but then I realized that time would probably go slower, or even stop entirely. My parents house is a black hole of boredom. :woop:

Seraph Metatron
09-13-2008, 01:26 PM
At least there are some good college football games today to keep me pre-occupied. I am going to try one last push to get the drumming achievement on hard (2 songs I can't beat). Picking this up on my way to church tomorrow...our poor pastor, I probably won't be focusing on what he is saying too much.

sharonoagain
09-13-2008, 01:34 PM
So far, I've watched Formula 1 qualifying for the Monza race tomorrow morning and now am watching some Netflix Movies that have been sitting here. Just trying to occupy my time without resorting to cleaning the house :p

I may also try to finish up my run to GS every song in Expert Vocals. I'm at 43 of 58. :eek:

OH, and I could finish up my Medium Drum career ... make more progress in my Hard Guitar career ... what the hell, I may RockBand all day. :woop:

TwistedFate
09-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Working on my SimMod final exam, but it's a moot point. I'm not getting RB2 day one. I can only afford 1 game this month, and Star Wars pwns my soul so Force Unleashed it is.

aPerfektFIaw
09-13-2008, 01:59 PM
I'm having a party tonight for the midnight release. Beer, poker, rock band 1, and anything else that will make time fly until I go pick it up.

t minus 14 hours :drunk

TooMuchCowbell
09-13-2008, 02:21 PM
Probably spend the day on x360a trying to avoid RB2 threads lol. Other than that, I rented Bully last week, no way I'm going to get 100% on it now with RB2 coming out tomorrow. I also have this civics project due on Monday and I know if I don't finish it today, I won't have any time to do it tomorrow.

Matrarch
09-13-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm going to be between playing RB1 and watching the Mets play a double header today. Games with playoff implications definitely make the time go by. :)

I had set some goals for RB1 before the new game comes out and I managed to hit them both, Platinum Artist and 5 starring all the on disc expert songs, so I have no real incentive to play RB1 other than to jam with other people passing time till RB2. Yeah, I know 5 starring expert on RB isn't the same as the GH games, but it was still exciting. :)

So yeah, that's what I'm doing.... also gonna call my Gamestop to see if they might have changed their mind about a midnight release. It's doubtful though. :/

SebastianSB
09-13-2008, 03:24 PM
I'm going to a LAN party for my friend's 18th birthday from 12AM today to whenever we feel like sleeping tomorrow. I'm going to have my 360 and Rock Band there in case we get bored of Counter-Strike: Source. I was hoping to get RB2 at midnight but my gamestop isn't going to have one apparently and I made the mistake of paying in full before I knew that...well I guess I'm going to have to wait until 10-ish to get my new favorite game. I don't think I'm going to sleep between Friday and Sunday night.

Today might also be a good time to finally cram that endless setlist (whoever hasn't yet).

Lucent Beam
09-13-2008, 03:33 PM
I don't want to see any RB2 videos... don't want to ruin any surprise. I don't like seeing notecharts before I play songs.

Probably today I'm just going to do whatever.. maybe play a bunch of RB1 since I haven't had drums to play in over a month and finally get to play them now! Maybe play some Beatmania or Go Go Break Steady or whatever else my boyfriend feels like doing.

And do teachery-work, as much as I don't feel like it.

neok182
09-13-2008, 04:50 PM
playing Spore all day. time goes by VERY fast when you play that.

JLogan27
09-13-2008, 04:51 PM
I'm playing my newly acquired Wii...also playing Yaris. Yes Yaris. I hate having only one achievement left in a game. In fact, I have 4 games with 1 achievement left...COD4, Godfather, Yaris, and GH:Aerosmith.

OzzieDreamer
09-13-2008, 05:00 PM
I will be working on cleaning up the house. Also been working on GH: Aerosmith, but it doesn't look like I will be finishing that or RB1 now.... My bandmates haven't been available often enough. I was working on the hard vocals, but that's gonna take me a while to finish up, too! So many games, so little time!

aznstomper
09-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Watching college football. Maybe playing some of my favorites from RB1.

RPDfire
09-13-2008, 05:59 PM
Just got the Call from Game Stop. Gonna be pretty sweet. Im writing a report right now to get it over with so RB2 all day 2morrow

blurbia
09-13-2008, 06:18 PM
... Playing the Metallica album on GH3. Just got it last night.

and then practicing on rock band 1 since the timing is different.

Maka
09-13-2008, 07:39 PM
Downloading Silver by The Pixies so I can get the expert drumming achievement, then I'm heading to EB Games and trading in GRiD, Rock Band and Splinter Cell and put it towards Rock Band 2. While I'm there I'm going to try and snatch a copy, hopefully... And I will do all of this after I export all the songs from Rock Band 1... (which I'm doing now)

EDIT: Scratch that, the Free DLC for the drums..

nightmare975
09-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Same thing as always, just doing whatever. Might Export my songs today.

Bobo
09-13-2008, 09:03 PM
i was trying not to get excited about RB2 too much cuz i can't really afford it right now...wifey didn't get student loans this semester so I am the sole money maker right now (having to handroll cigarettes to prevent from having to quit, etc.), but i showed up to work yesterday and found out i was somehow Employee of the Month, which really means nothing to me except that i got a bonus $100 check... wooohoo... so NOW i'm going nuts trying to pass the time because i am actually getting it on launch day (along with a few packs of normal cigs :))

Seraph Metatron
09-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Well I finished drum tier on hard, so one goal completed, and while I was at it got the flawless drum achievement. I know that those might not be hard for some, but for someone who struggled with drums on easy and medium when I first got it, they were big steps for me. Besides I think I am better than my brother now, and he is a drummer.

I would set the goal for GGHT on Expert because it is all I have left on guitar...but that probably isn't a realistic goal.

xnvy
09-14-2008, 12:40 AM
So far, I've watched Formula 1 qualifying for the Monza race tomorrow morning and now am watching some Netflix Movies that have been sitting here. I got so bored I started watching NASCAR. 3 hours, 2 left turns, 1 boring night.

XVx KILL SWITCH
09-14-2008, 02:28 AM
I was playing RB1 and COD4 all day... damn in like 12 hours... I'll be playin Rock Band 2 WOOT!!!

Dex
09-14-2008, 02:51 AM
I ended up playing Castle Crashers and watching last season DVDs of Entourage for 5 hours... now I'm gonna go for a run around the neighborhood, since its nice and cool out, and then probably soak in the Jacuzzi. I hope that makes me relaxed enough to fall asleep at a decent hour.

14 hours till RB2!

MonkeyBoy813
09-14-2008, 04:48 AM
I ended up completing my ultimate goal in Rock Band; 1000/1000. I finally beat Run to the Hills on Drums at around 10:25 P.M.

Now I'm going to get Rock Band 2! :woop:

deej brutal
09-14-2008, 05:27 AM
i worked all day from 9-930, god damn being a manager! but it was all good cause we opened up rb2 in the back and started playing it on a used 360. i had to congratulate my team for going through hell thanks to all the evacs from houston and corpus christi that came in to our store and tore it up.

braddelo
09-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Me and my girlfriend have FINALLY been doing the "Big In.... achievements. I only have....9 left haha. That like 40 sets and around 100 songs. i can't wait until 11 am!!!!

Edable Giraffe
09-14-2008, 09:50 AM
living my life, seeing as a release date hasnt even been announced for england yet... _

its going to be a long wait.