PDA

View Full Version : Is there any actual game benefit to leveling up beyond 78?

RWilloug
09-13-2008, 05:08 PM
All,

Has anyone noticed if there's any actual in-game benefit to leveling up beyond 78, when you've maxed your stats? More damage, HP, etc? Just curious if it's worth trying to get to 99th, other than for ego's sake.

Thanks in advance,

RWilloug

Fruhmann360
09-13-2008, 05:12 PM
can't say, but i wonder if anyone has done the math as to how much more damage, magic, defense, and agility you gain per level. if there even is a known equation for it.

darkenednight
09-13-2008, 05:45 PM
No, there absolutely no benefit for extra leveling, just to show off that you can grind and waste time longer than others. :)

Proved wrong below.

RWilloug
09-13-2008, 06:11 PM
Actually, I found the answer myself.

I just leveled my green knight from 82 to 83 by glitching the bat. Checking the Player Statistics on the main menu before and after, my HPs did actually increase from 1015 to 1018. If we guesstimate a HP increase of 3 per level for levels 79 through 99, that's 63 extra hit points. That could make a difference in Arena combat or Insane mode.

Unfortunately, there seems to be no way to tell if the level increase affected any other stats, other than to pay attention to how much damage you do per hit.

So I guess grinding to 99th has some benefits after all.

darkenednight
09-13-2008, 06:17 PM
If we guesstimate a HP increase of 3 per level for levels 79 through 99, that's 63 extra hit points.

Interesting, that could make that life or death situation. Thanks, for clarifying.

True I Skill
09-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Hm Getting Rank 99 Makes you look better on the leaderboards?
And also makes you look good in the arena,

RWilloug
09-13-2008, 11:33 PM
Level does seem to affect damage slightly as well. Going from 89th to 90th, my damage to the little black blobs before the bat increased from 30 per swing to 31 per swing.

darkenednight
09-14-2008, 02:09 AM
I tested your theory out. I was starting to think it was false, but damage eventually increased. I tested his X attack on Thieves with no animal and the same weapon as he started with and dealt 5's at level 4. I revisited the same level and attacked the Thieves again at level 11 and found that he actually dealt 6's. So you are correct my friend. After a long period of time, your attacks become increasingly stronger.

I also didn't add any exp points to any field. I still have 20 that I can use at this time.

EDIT: I just tested it again at level 29 and it dealt a 7, while at 30 it dealt an 8. Additionally, at 31 an 8 was still dealt. So I'm assuming its goes up in ten level increments.

To True I Skill. So many people have done it that I don't believe that it makes you look better anywhere.

The only real way to look good is to dominate someone twice in an arena using two different characters. Beating the game looks much better than sitting around fighting the Catfish or Pipistrello.

undyingone
09-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Hm Getting Rank 99 Makes you look better on the leaderboards?
And also makes you look good in the arena,

when you fight in the arena they server equals out everyone thats in the room so theres a fair chance of winning but i could be wrong