PDA

View Full Version : Rock Band 2 Released Early

Mr Arrow
09-13-2008, 08:51 PM
Since the Rock Band 2 forum is still locked I'll post here.

I just received a call from Gamestop and confirmed it with a call to the store.....Rock Band 2 is going on sale TOMORROW! [Sunday September 14th]

Joy!

TwistedFate
09-13-2008, 08:54 PM
Since the Rock Band 2 forum is still locked I'll post here.

I just received a call from Gamestop and confirmed it with a call to the store.....Rock Band 2 is going on sale TOMORROW! [Sunday September 14th]

Joy!

Hardly early. Tomorrow is the release date.

Mr Arrow
09-13-2008, 08:58 PM
I thought [and had read everywhere] it was the 16th......my bad, I guess!

JMills109
09-13-2008, 09:02 PM
Its supposed to be the 14th. You may want to check with wherever you buy it though, my local Best Buy, and I would imagine other similar places, aren't selling it til Tuesday when they usually release games/dvd/cds.

MasterShake
09-13-2008, 09:26 PM
I've got a copy, got it a few days ago. Didn't buy it, got it from my girl who got it from a game expo/meeting for her work.

I didn't open it, not my kind of game.

TwistedFate
09-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Its supposed to be the 14th. You may want to check with wherever you buy it though, my local Best Buy, and I would imagine other similar places, aren't selling it til Tuesday when they usually release games/dvd/cds.

Wouldn't count on that, BestBuy Online starts shipping today. It may be a local decision that will fall flat when this happens a couple of times.

Customer: Hi, do you have Rock Band 2?
Best Buy: Not until Tuesday
Customer: But today is the release date.
Best Buy: True, but we aren't selling it until Tuesday.
Customer: Guess I'll buy it somewhere else then.
Customer Exits.

This will be followed, in a few days, buy the store manager getting fired for breaking the cardinal rule of retail: "Never let a customer leave with money in their pocket if you can prevent it." Not selling a highly anticipated game on release day is stupid. You are just giving away profit to your competitors.

JLogan27
09-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Figures...1st time I've EVER put a deposit on a game (doing so at Best Buy), and they aren't going to sell it until Tues. Well, I could just buy it elsewhere and say the $5 I donated to Best Buy got me a Rock Band t-shirt.

Dex
09-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Figures...1st time I've EVER put a deposit on a game (doing so at Best Buy), and they aren't going to sell it until Tues. Well, I could just buy it elsewhere and say the $5 I donated to Best Buy got me a Rock Band t-shirt.
As Twisty said, not necessarily true.

Earlier today I went to the Best Buy where I preordered from.

Me: Do you have any copies of Rock Band 2 for the 360?
BB: Let me check *checks computer* we do... but we can't put them on shelves until the 14th *checks* that's tomorrow.
Me: Oh ok, I'll be back tomorrow I guess.
BB: Alrighty. Sorry about that.

Secondly, you can return to Best Buy with your receipt at any time, and cancel your preorder. I did it 3 times last week and I have 3 Rock Band 2 t-shirts :)

Evil Demon55
09-14-2008, 02:14 AM
Secondly, you can return to Best Buy with your receipt at any time, and cancel your preorder. I did it 3 times last week and I have 3 Rock Band 2 t-shirts :)

if only i knbew about this t shirt deal, id have about 50!!! (but be kicked out of Best Buy)

infact best buy hated me for a year once. I called everyday for 5 months searching for a Wii... same damn person answered every day or so.

forgot to call 1 day and called later and it was in stock... good day :)

Dex
09-14-2008, 09:13 AM
Anyone still wondering about getting RB2 at Best Buy today... here's their Sunday ad that comes out in today's paper:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g191/dexisajerk/BB24352435.jpg

AVAILABLE TODAY.

JLogan27
09-14-2008, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I gots me one today. Never thought about that T-shirt dealeo. Good idea!

OzzieDreamer
09-15-2008, 12:53 AM
Wish I had known about the t-shirt deal at BB. Picked up mine at CC today and got my free tee, they only ad size large!

Dex
09-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Wish I had known about the t-shirt deal at BB. Picked up mine at CC today and got my free tee, they only ad size large!
All the free shirts I got from BB were Extra Large. You should go to BB and ask if they have any left... even at $5, its a nice shirt.

xymon81
09-17-2008, 05:40 AM
Wouldn't count on that, BestBuy Online starts shipping today. It may be a local decision that will fall flat when this happens a couple of times.

Customer: Hi, do you have Rock Band 2?
Best Buy: Not until Tuesday
Customer: But today is the release date.
Best Buy: True, but we aren't selling it until Tuesday.
Customer: Guess I'll buy it somewhere else then.
Customer Exits.

This will be followed, in a few days, buy the store manager getting fired for breaking the cardinal rule of retail: "Never let a customer leave with money in their pocket if you can prevent it." Not selling a highly anticipated game on release day is stupid. You are just giving away profit to your competitors.

yep agree totally. went to game stop on the 14th and was told they only had enough to cover most of thier reserves and to come back maybe wednesday. so i went a mile down the road to walmart where there were plenty of copies and no one claiming them.

Dla911
09-17-2008, 06:28 PM
yep agree totally. went to game stop on the 14th and was told they only had enough to cover most of thier reserves and to come back maybe wednesday. so i went a mile down the road to walmart where there were plenty of copies and no one claiming them.

Ya went to my Eb on monday i seen alot there and they said they sold out when they all sitting there, so i went next door and picked it up at walmart