PDA

View Full Version : Dont know if this site allows it but...

CoachCO62
09-14-2008, 02:03 AM
I was thinking about this today, and obviously it would have to go on the honor system with members who maybe dont know each other but feel they have built up a certain trust with others.

Lets say you are like me and like to keep all the games you buy, but also are low on cash and can not afford to buy some other games. What do you do? Go to Blockbuster and rent or go to gamefly and rent? Well why not profit from the games you already have while trying to get some newer games by trading. For example I just bought March Madness 07 from gamestop for 2.99 plus 3.00 shipping, instead of going back and selling it for 10 cents why not rent it to a fellow x360a member who is looking to get easy points in a game like that or trade for say a week or two. I am not saying trade accounts but rather games.

I have madden 06 as another example lets say someone doesnt feel like buying it from gamestop for 4.99. I rent them my copy for a dollar it only costs 50 cents to ship in bubble wrap. Using the honor system I expect them to ship my game back in a week. Or they have cabela big game hunter they tell me theyd like to trade me for a week and then they borrow my game and I borrow theirs. You can have for this the same basic rules as the ebay forum. You can either do a permanent trade on a game you dont ever plan on playing again if they other person agrees or a temporary trade with a game that you like and just dont want to get rid of. I am sure if people work together it would be possible if this site allows it.

jorGe62990
09-14-2008, 02:34 AM
Members do this privately with other members, and that is the way it should be kept in order to protect people from getting scammed. Your idea is pretty much a mirror image of what the site www.goozex.com is based on. Go check that site out and I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for. It isn't expensive and you can get any game you want.

CoachCO62
09-14-2008, 02:39 AM
Oh cool thank you very much. I will check it out.

Jdm
09-14-2008, 02:44 AM
We actually don't promote "trading/renting" games, especially if you were to make a dollar off of it. The reason why we don't promote it, is because if a trade/rent were to go wrong, then we would have to step in. That would just add more problems and complications for everyone.

The reason why I say we don't promote the idea of trading games instead of saying we don't allow it, is because we know members trade games amongst each other. You can trade games all you want, but just know that we are not responsible if something were to go wrong. If you trust someone that much to send them your games, then that's your decision. Keep everything private and please do not ever make a public thread about it.