PDA

View Full Version : Gamerpics?

master_shake_350
09-14-2008, 01:25 PM
I want to buy a gamer picture but is there much point seeing as avatar's are coming soon?

And does anyone know when this update is coming out?

A Polish Panda
09-14-2008, 01:37 PM
The update comes out sometime in either October or November... And no one really knows if avatars will REPLACE gamer pictures.

Ben Sharpe
09-14-2008, 01:43 PM
The update comes out sometime in either October or November... And no one really knows if avatars will REPLACE gamer pictures.

Well most people know that gamerpics are here to stay, Major Nelson confirmed this months ago

Enter The Nutty
09-14-2008, 01:44 PM
i remember reading that you could be represented by your avatar OR a gamer pic...only cool thing with the avatar i've seen is that it will actually be in some games....way too wii-esque for me though.

neok182
09-14-2008, 02:02 PM
you HAVE to have a gamer pic. both the public and friends gamerpic will still be there. the gamerpics are still required for the few hundered games that require them and don't support avatars.

When you make your avatar you can replace your gamerpic with a picture or your avatar or you can go into your profile settings and place gamerpics that you've bought/downloaded.

Additionally any gamerpic you have can be used as an image on your avatars t-shirt.

Gorjira
09-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Thanks for the info, I was wondering this myself.

Ruthless
09-14-2008, 03:32 PM
Update is roumoured as sept 25th.

Ben Sharpe
09-14-2008, 03:46 PM

Very unlikely they are still programming it, at PAX they confirmed they had not finished it, and the build they showed off was far from finished iirc

JC
09-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Very unlikely they are still programming it, at PAX they confirmed they had not finished it, and the build they showed off was far from finished iirc
True, I expect it will hit us in around December. Same as last years winter update. :)

Jamie Solo
09-14-2008, 04:46 PM

Thats when the Halo 3 Update is supposed to come out - or at least around that time ;)

DCS 23
09-14-2008, 05:03 PM
well there is a new xbox comin out soon with new hardrive or summin and that comes with it pre installed so either then end of this month or the begining of next month

Ben Sharpe
09-14-2008, 05:36 PM
well there is a new xbox comin out soon with new hardrive or summin and that comes with it pre installed so either then end of this month or the begining of next month

Your talking about the new 360's after the update is released will ship with the new xbox experience there is no special new SKUs for this update, it is the same thing that happens with every update, for example if you go buy a new 360 it has the current 360 dash not the one from launch.

Ruthless
09-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Well there is supposed to be a live TV something with it going live at midnight on 25th sept, so i heard. I hope Halo 3 update is soon i wanna play it again, Jamie Sausage, i mean Jamie Solo you wanna get some social going on for the cheevos?

vI Starlight Iv
09-14-2008, 06:46 PM
its good they have stopped the retarded lone wolf mp achievements on halo 3

gamerpics will stay around for good and you should download the castle crasher ones

Pashos
09-14-2008, 06:48 PM
its good they have stopped the retarded lone wolf mp achievements

Yeah I like how you can get them in social matches. That makes it so much easier to boost :D

neok182
09-14-2008, 06:50 PM
True, I expect it will hit us in around December. Same as last years winter update. :)

god i hope not. i do not want to wait till winter for a fall update.

personally i want it by the end of october at the latest.

last year was BS, oh it's the fall update but wait until christmas. thats not fall anymore. even in florida thats still considered winter (or just a slightly colder summer but still)

Jamie Solo
09-14-2008, 07:31 PM
Well there is supposed to be a live TV something with it going live at midnight on 25th sept, so i heard. I hope Halo 3 update is soon i wanna play it again, Jamie Sausage, i mean Jamie Solo you wanna get some social going on for the cheevos?

If that was an insult... try harder next time ;P

Ye, I'll do some social, if only to see how crap you will be compared to me :drunk

Gun-Nut
09-14-2008, 08:41 PM
I believe we never got the Fall update last year :( just a winter one.

MeeseOrMoose
09-14-2008, 09:34 PM
Yeah I like how you can get them in social matches. That makes it so much easier to boost :D

When did this happen?!?!?! I haven't touched halo in forever, now I might actually be able to get 1k in it:woop:.

Back on topic, I'm glad to have learned that gamerpics will not be gone. Although, I'm still not really looking forward to the new dashboard, I like mine how it is, plain and unexciting...:p

-Meese

master_shake_350
09-30-2008, 03:23 PM
If i purchase Gamerpics on an account. Can i use them on a different account on the same hard drive.