PDA

View Full Version : Save files system locked?

mcpeepants
09-14-2008, 03:28 PM
So I lucked out and got one of those $150 (after coupons and FatWallet) Halo 3 decks, just for the HDMI. It arrived yesterday late afternoon and I hooked it up, removing the HD and all the leads from my regular white deck. Played a retail disc or 2, and everything was fine. Decide to see how CC looks without the RF interference from my A/C I get over VGA, and I'm presented with the default 4 guys at Lv 1. Wait, what? Scrolled thru about 10x, relaunched the game several times, nothing. Went to the dash and checked memory, and only the 140mb file for the game was there.

So, are the saves locked to whatever system you made them on? All my friggin progress is gone now, and the Alien isn't even showing up for use - only one I've beat the game with. This friggin blows :,(

7ranslucen7
09-14-2008, 03:32 PM
I believe the HDD you orginally had your save files on has to be played over the same S/N Xbox 360, because I tried moving my HDD to my brother's xbox to play CC and none of the files where there, but as soon as i moved it back
everything was back to normal.

mcpeepants
09-14-2008, 09:33 PM
Hmm, used the license transfer tool, redownloaded both CC and AH HD for the 3rd time each, and suddenly everything was back the way it was. I give up...

VolNick
09-15-2008, 06:31 PM
When I sign in at work, everything's reset to level 1. The way I fix is it by signing out and back in *while Castle Crashers is running*. If I go back to the dashboard before signing out, my stats stay at level 1 for all characters. If I leave Castle Crashers running, hit the Xbox button, hit X to sign out, then sign back in, my stats are correct when I join or start a game.

jonnyMAGNUM
09-16-2008, 04:31 PM
The game save is actually saved online. I learned this last night as I took my memory card (with only my gamertag on it) over my buddies house. When I signed in and started to play, my characters were unlocked and leveled as I had left them. Just like games such as CoD4 and Halo 3, all of your stats are saved online and not on your HDD.

So make sure you're signed onto the internet.

mcpeepants
09-17-2008, 02:21 AM
I was, it didn't, it's fixed now tho so...

Tatanko
09-17-2008, 03:41 AM
Good thing this was on here. I got a ton of progress made tonight since I decided to buy the game and wanted to play it tomorrow at a buddy's house and noticed there was no physical save file for it. Good to know it's all online!

jonnyMAGNUM
09-17-2008, 04:34 PM
Good thing this was on here. I got a ton of progress made tonight since I decided to buy the game and wanted to play it tomorrow at a buddy's house and noticed there was no physical save file for it. Good to know it's all online!
Yeah, when I logged on at my buddy's place, I was surprised, but happy.

@ mcpeepants - I don't know what to tell you man. If you were not logged on when you got all that progress, I don't have a clue where it's saved.