PDA

View Full Version : no career...

moonieass13
09-15-2008, 04:03 AM
I am kinda disappointed that this game didnt follow the rest of the other music games.. I like being able to play songs in order and not 5 times over and over again...

aznstomper
09-15-2008, 04:10 AM
i agree. the online world tour mode is nice, but i miss the career mode for unlocking all of the songs

KWEY516
09-15-2008, 04:12 AM
i agree with both of you. it was easier to unlock songs that why i liked it

moonieass13
09-15-2008, 04:14 AM
I actually never really played world tour.. cause it was just the same songs over and over... not to mention... i pretty much only play drums and I aint that good so I like knowing the difficulty of the song before picking hard or expert or med...:(

RINGO
09-15-2008, 04:29 AM
well...there are the challenges ....they are kinda like a single player mode from past games ...but organized in sets that progressively get harder.

there are even ones that are for each instrument and then two designed for bands.

I personally like the change because I can play world tour without having to play and sing or find somebody to play with every time.... and it still can be plyaed similar to single player if you just go through the world tour and play mostly the new single songs as you go instead of the larger sets.

neok182
09-15-2008, 05:05 AM
i like being able to go through world tour in single player but yea, harder to unlock songs this way. should of had both.

mietha CAG
09-15-2008, 05:59 AM
Play the marathon challenge on each tier, ta da, all the songs. It is structured different, but it is not much harder to unlock songs.

xCOBRAx
09-15-2008, 10:53 AM
yeah, what ^^ said, just pick your instrument and go to the challenge section and play away, kinda nice too because you play 3-5 songs at a time so no having to go through a ton of loading screens

GoFFe
09-15-2008, 11:00 AM
yeah, what ^^ said, just pick your instrument and go to the challenge section and play away, kinda nice too because you play 3-5 songs at a time so no having to go through a ton of loading screens Sounds nice. Looking forward to the European release. Might take a while :/

MartyMcFly
09-15-2008, 02:17 PM
I respectively disagree, I love the way the gameplay is set up. Linear play gets so old and stale after a while. The former career mode is just playing the same songs in their same venue trying to get a better score, that's it. Having the World Tour as the career mode maintains replayability and variety.

As a comparison, look at action type games; Would you rather play a game that just goes level to level or a free-roaming game where you can progress when you want to? I prefer the latter.

That's basically what this is, a free-roaming music rhythm game that is non-linear play. I love it!

Lucent Beam
09-15-2008, 02:28 PM
At first I was really mad that there was no solo tour... but the challenges work out pretty much the same as a solo tour and you can always enter into quickplay and see your scores from playing in Tour or in Challenge, so it's cool that your scores carry over between them... so just play Challenges to unlock songs.

I actually think this new set up is a lot more fun. Now it's much less likely you'll be "blocked" by a particular hard song and won't be able to unlock more... because you can always save + quit during the challenge, return on an easier difficulty to beat the hard song, then quit back out and go back to your harder difficulty to continue on. This way, later if you want to can try and try to beat it on Quickplay, but you don't have to worry about being able to beat every song on a particular difficulty in a row in order to unlock them all.

I think the fact that I'm so used to DLC every week really changed my view on RB and in particular, on solo tour. Before I had tons of DLC, I made sure I could beat every song on expert on each instruments.. but when the flood of DLC hit me, I couldn't keep up with playing solo on all 4 for every new song so there is a ton of stuff in Solo Tour that I just never got around to on my own because I'd want to be playing the new songs in a band. Somewhere along the way, I kind of stopped caring about solo tour as much and just cared about playing the song in whatever form... and I think it's made the game a lot more fun and relaxing.

punker
09-15-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm digging it quite a bit. I was never able to reach 1,000,000 fans in the first game because no one I know (who lives close to me at least) can play higher than medium. Now, I've been rocking expert by myself and am already at 700,000+ fans.

Seraph Metatron
09-15-2008, 04:23 PM
My OCD makes me want the solo career. But I like how this one is structured as well.

neok182
09-15-2008, 04:57 PM
Play the marathon challenge on each tier, ta da, all the songs. It is structured different, but it is not much harder to unlock songs.

ahh thanks. gonna do that for a while.

xxGU1TARGODxx
09-15-2008, 07:32 PM
I can't imagine what the thought process was behind this decision. Why take out such a basic part of the game just because you added a different feature. Unlocking songs sucks now and wading through all the locations and venues is just poor design.

Makes me wish I could export RB2 songs back into RB1.

moonieass13
09-15-2008, 11:20 PM
My OCD makes me want the solo career. But I like how this one is structured as well.

+1.. I think thats why I dont like it