PDA

View Full Version : Renewing LIVE membership

tpb
09-15-2008, 04:29 PM
Hey all
I have to renew my LIVE membership in December - however i saw a cheapish card avaliable now.
Do the renew codes and have a expiry? and can i renew my membership now and get 12months + what i have left or will renewing it now cause it to nuke what i have left and just give me 12 months? or will it not let me renew it at all while i have a valid period left?

Da CRU Mughhh
09-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Hey all
I have to renew my LIVE membership in December - however i saw a cheapish card avaliable now.
Do the renew codes and have a expiry? and can i renew my membership now and get 12months + what i have left or will renewing it now cause it to nuke what i have left and just give me 12 months? or will it not let me renew it at all while i have a valid period left?

Im pretty sure THE CARDS "like when you go to best buy and buy one and get it activated" they dont' have an expiration date.. however once you put the code in your xbox its goes from the day you put it in. so if you put in the card today your 12months would start today.. Whatever you have left will not carry over so its not like you will have 12months +3months "or however many months you have left"

your best bet is to wait untill like a week of your subscription is about to exspire then put it in!

you can also check on the dashboard to see when it exspires.. hope this helps

DigitalFury
09-15-2008, 04:35 PM
however once you put the code in your xbox its goes from the day you put it in. so if you put in the card today your 12months would start today.. Whatever you have left will not carry over so its not like you will have 12months +3months "or however many months you have left"

This is wrong. Your new membership won't take over until your old one expires. If you have a 13 month card, but still have 4 months left on your current subscription, you will have 17 months of Live when you put in your code.

InkedUp
09-15-2008, 04:37 PM
No it will not nuke your remaining membership. All it will do is extend from your end day. Ex. If your live doesn't expire until October 15, if you put the code in today, your new expiration date will be October 15th, 2009. Hope this helps

vI Starlight Iv
09-15-2008, 05:02 PM
As mentioned above it is totally stackable and at the moment as cheap as chips pick one up now....for what its worth they also dont expire