PDA

View Full Version : easy so special it hurts and marathon master achvs

breastfed
09-15-2008, 06:34 PM
hi all, if the below method appears elsewhere in forums i apologize in advance ive had a look and cant see this method anywhere else so i hope it helps. the following is a way of completing hexic 2 marathon mode by only making eleven starflowers gaining so special it hurts and marathon master achvs in the process.
A warning to anyone wanting these, you will need to master the basics of the game. namely making starflowers and safely walking starflowers. that done the method is as follows, create eleven starflowers (pref by start of level 2) pair up all starflowers except 1 (this allows you to walk the flowers anywhere on the board) leave odd starflower at top of board. create a diagonal line of star flowers as follows, 4 in a diagonal line leave a clolored hex gap then 3 starflowers vertically(using odd 1 at top) leave a clolored hex gap then 4 more star flowers in the same diagoanl line as the first 4 star flowers. grab the centre vertical starflower and rotate the 3 vertical starflowers into the same diagonal plane as the others, this will create a line of 11 starflowers which the cpu will misread as 7 lines of 5 starflowers giving u 7 rubies in a line which the cpu will again misread as 3 lines of 5 rubies giving you 3 black pearls (so special it hurts will unlock) turn 3 black pearls into a cluster to complete game and get marathon master achv.
hope this helps any issues contact me via live gt breastfed

Jetpac
10-01-2008, 09:14 PM
can this still be done?

i just made a line of 11 flowers and it just gave me rubies that ended up scattered :(

BlamelessSoul
02-13-2009, 07:43 PM
well i can report this method works for sure. did it and fin ally got my 200

Cringer85
12-10-2009, 04:16 PM
wow!! Thanks man!!! That was easy as pie. Only got the game yesterday. Being a Hexic HD addict, I mastered your method in about one hour. :-) Got both achievements. Now only missing the multiplayer ones. Should beat the game in a matter of only one day :D

psybOltOn
12-13-2010, 04:52 PM
i can also confirm that this method is still working. thank you for the tip, it is a pity that beating the cpu in expert isn't so easy :D