PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Fires Game Tester Who Talked About RROD

Weapon 117
09-15-2008, 07:28 PM
Last week, we told you about an editorial from Dean Takahashi (http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/17508/Takahashi-Microsoft-Knew-About-RROD-Before-Launch/) that claimed Microsoft knew about the red ring of death before launching the Xbox 360. Takahashi has now published a new article (http://venturebeat.com/2008/09/12/microsoft-fires-game-test-contractor-who-talked-to-venturebeat/) revealing that five days later after the first editorial went live, Microsoft fired the game tester that talked to Takahashi about the RROD.

Microsoft had him fired on Wednesday. Delaware worked as a game tester at Microsoft but was employed by the temp agency Excell Data. He reported directly to a Microsoft manager, who told him he was being let go because of the VentureBeat article.

Delaware bravely decided to come forward and talk on the record for our story about the many problems associated with the launch of the Xbox 360. He talked to me about how he learned about problems with the hardware while working as a game tester for VMC. He worked there from 2005 to the fall of 2007.

Source: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/17571/Microsoft-Fires-Game-Tester-Who-Talked-About-RROD/

Da CRU Mughhh
09-15-2008, 07:30 PM
This is very interesting if it's true, and hasn't been twisted around!

InkedUp
09-15-2008, 07:32 PM
Damn that is shitty. Well maybe Sony will end up hiring him now lol.

vI Starlight Iv
09-15-2008, 07:37 PM
Well it could be completley twisted into total lies...

Taker447
09-15-2008, 07:51 PM
could be a pile of dog poo, or could be all truth. if it is true than that sucks for him.

EvilestBean
09-15-2008, 08:36 PM
Now we know the truth or do we lol, unlucky for him though.

knockton55
09-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Thats really harsh man, but I doubt this is true. They'd have paid him off loads to not blab if it is, so meh. I dont believe this

newbsicle
09-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Little late now. Pretty sure we all know about it.

Deathblow23
09-16-2008, 02:44 AM
This story is on sites other than teamxbox.com. I read the Takahashi article...and I'm sure he was telling the truth. I have posted about this type of thing so much its not even worth it anymore. Microsoft knew it going in...swept test data under the rug to secure a worldwide launch so they could get a full year's leg up on Sony.

They had several selling points...20+ games at launch, 3 dual core processors, XBOX LIVE 2.0, HD graphics, etc. They knew there would be people lining up and ca,mping out. THey knew it would be a smashing success,...a complete sell-through of the stock on every continent it launched on.

It was all about money and NEVER...EVER about releasing a quality product. The 360 and LIVE are an amazing experience...easily the best out there...umm,...when it works. That's the catch. The games are superior to the other consoles' offerings,...but the hardware is suspect at best. I'm on my 8th 360 since launch night. There is not enough money currently in circulation in the US that you could pay me to believe that Microsoft didn't do all of this KNOWINGLY...on purpose. There are people who know this and much more,...Delaware is not the only guy who has intricate knowledge. There will be more who come forward...

Asian47
09-16-2008, 06:35 PM
Now that's a suprising, I didn't think MS would go that far to shut the guy up. It's a shame for him though, but I've go to say, it takes some balls to lose your job over the truth.

onimod13
09-16-2008, 07:27 PM
This would have come out ages ago if were fact rather than the usual rumour mill crap that we hear everyday on the internet papers radio etc.

MEA7HOOK
09-16-2008, 09:42 PM
There was a brief mention of this on xplay last night. They're usually pretty accurate with their news, so i'd have to say this is true.
I'd like to read the guy's book who caused the microsoft employee to get fired. I camped out to get my first 360 on launch date and i didn't even get to play a single game, let alone start up the dashboard because it already had rrod.