PDA

View Full Version : Visions

zvblade
09-15-2008, 08:33 PM
I think Visions by Abnormality is gonna be the song that stops guitarist from beating the endlist setlist and could be the hardest song in the game. I useually play hard or xpert and i can get 80% on pretty much all songs lead guitar hard and can play most of the songs on xpert but i can only get to 13% lead 19%bass on this song so does anyone have any tips that might help?

HeavenSoldier
09-15-2008, 08:38 PM
i haven't heard of this song, but thanks for a heads up...even though i'll probably forget and go into it on expert and fail horribly lol.

zvblade
09-15-2008, 08:40 PM
well you might want to put a note beside your tv lol its supposed to be abonus song and i started in new york in tour and it is in rio de janeiro

MachineAres
09-15-2008, 08:56 PM
Its also in the Impossible Challenge that's up in Battle of the Bands right now and unlockable that way. But you have to pass Painkiller and Panic Attack on expert to get to it... And yeah, its pretty hard, its basically a technical death/grind song that an insane amount of BPMs with flailing notes all over the place.

As for tips, turning on the breakneck speed modifier in the extras helps to read it and make the fast parts a little easier, but you'd still have to listen to the song to get how it goes first. Also, the rock band guitar (at least mine) has a lot of trouble registering strums that fast, even when I'm doing them exactly on time, its pissing me off. I can still get a 91% on the song on guitar expert, but that's far less than I can get on most other songs.

As for it in endless setlist, I'm wondering if the no fail modifier works in that mode. The other modifiers I've tried don't stop you from getting achievements but I'm not sure if that one does.

zvblade
09-15-2008, 09:18 PM
i guess tonight ill put on no fail go to endless setlist xpert and turn tv off and check in the morning lol

id laugh if they are stupid enough for that to work easy 5 secret achievements worth alot =p

Taker447
09-15-2008, 09:21 PM
i guess tonight ill put on no fail go to endless setlist xpert and turn tv off and check in the morning lol

id laugh if they are stupid enough for that to work easy 5 secret achievements worth alot =p
No Fail has never worked in "career" or "Band World Tour" mode so don't get your hopes up buddy.

zvblade
09-15-2008, 09:31 PM
still worth a try lol

Tenacious
09-15-2008, 10:02 PM
Impossible Guitar Challenge wasn't that hard imo, I had some trouble with Panic Attack at first but once I got it down it wasn't too bad. Honestly, I'm having more trouble with Master Exploder... the chart really disappointed me.

Dla911
09-20-2008, 09:12 AM
my mouth droped when i tryed this song on expert drums, think this is going to be the stopper to alot of people for the Drum endless setlist

JMills109
09-20-2008, 10:38 AM
my mouth droped when i tryed this song on expert drums, think this is going to be the stopper to alot of people for the Drum endless setlist

The drums are really, REALLY ridiculous if you want to get platinum drummer. I don't have the hand OR footspeed for it let alone the syncopation it takes for that one.

The guitar part frankly isn't that hard once you see it a couple times, it's just really strange at first.

o0 TommyGuns 0o
09-20-2008, 05:30 PM
i beat it on expert bass the other day and the bass is still crazy hard by far the hardest song for bass

Tenacious
09-20-2008, 05:57 PM
Saw this in one of the fact things on the loading screen before the game starts - the singer for Visions is a GIRL. :|

ThtPepsiNagger
09-20-2008, 06:12 PM
you see visions is the reason im investing in a new foot pedal

TA Sasuke
09-20-2008, 08:22 PM
if you can get the OD on Visions on guitar its very beatable, but i saw a video of the drums part and its STUPID! the drums sound like bongos too ha

Th3 Apache Dog
09-21-2008, 01:00 AM
This song was ridiculously easy to pass...keeping a note streak was a diff. story however...:pOnly got a 4* on sight read and haven't played it since lol

PanTh3r
09-21-2008, 01:57 AM
I beat every song the day after(i got it, came home, and my power went out from the hurricane), so first i playd it, without failing. Its not that hard lol

georgiandben
09-21-2008, 02:25 AM
I don't think I'll play that song any more times than I have too..because its hard and I really don't like that genre of music anyway.

XVx KILL SWITCH
09-21-2008, 02:39 AM
Visions, panic attack, painkiller... 3 legendary rock band 2 songs

Maka
09-21-2008, 02:52 AM
The bass for Visions is like 2x times harder then the main guitar...

JMills109
09-21-2008, 02:54 AM

Panic attack and Painkiller I like, but listening to Visions makes me want to smack someone repeatedly.

XVx KILL SWITCH
09-21-2008, 02:57 AM
Panic attack and Painkiller I like, but listening to Visions makes me want to smack someone repeatedly.
True... i loooove painkiller

wazz1
09-21-2008, 05:06 AM
saw this in one of the fact things on the loading screen before the game starts - the singer for visions is a girl. :|

wtf?!?!?!?!?!?!

o0 TommyGuns 0o
09-21-2008, 05:25 AM
The bass for Visions is like 2x times harder then the main guitar... i agree but they r noth still managable

sharonoagain
09-21-2008, 05:26 AM
Saw this in one of the fact things on the loading screen before the game starts - the singer for Visions is a GIRL. :|

Yeah, I sound exactly like her when I have bronchitis.

Pyroman31
09-21-2008, 07:27 AM
The only reason this song is in the game is because the lead singer (who is a girl) is a character costume designer for Harmonix.

Figures...

Malachi117
09-21-2008, 11:44 AM
Thanks to this retarded song I just wasted around 8 or 9 hours with a friend trying to do endless set list on expert. No way we were beating it so we had to give up.

If they wanted to make it a bonus song that would be cool, but whoever thought it'd be a good idea to put in the set list needs shot in the face.

SebastianSB
09-21-2008, 03:30 PM
after seeing this topic I decided to try Visions in the tour on hard instead of expert...and failed that. I felt like I was playing Snow on expert or something. Why in the world would none of those notes be HOPO's?!?

sharonoagain
09-21-2008, 04:00 PM

Turning on No Fail turns off Achievements, buddy. Don't bother.

wazz1
09-22-2008, 08:55 PM
Here's one of Abnormality's live performances. It's not of Visions, but it doesn't matter because all of their songs sound exactly the same. Their singer is FUCKED UP!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/v/mGnTgifw5nc&hl=en&fs=1

IMAMEX
09-22-2008, 09:04 PM
This thread is scaring me and getting me super stoked!

D3adcell86
09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
I didn't think it was that hard. Hard to keep a multiplier going, but not hard to pass. Just have to alt strum during the sliding non ho/po part.

OzzieDreamer
09-22-2008, 09:26 PM
My "drummer" was visiting and wanted to try the Panic Attack battle of the bands challenge. What a joke! We even tried it with one of use on the pads and the other with the pedal... lol! It was hilarious.... still couldn't get it.

branDONEson
09-23-2008, 12:14 AM
I didn't think it was that hard. Hard to keep a multiplier going, but not hard to pass. Just have to alt strum during the sliding non ho/po part.

yep, exactly and breakneck speed helped as well. beat it on a sightread. only 4 starred it though.

D RaK Fereal
09-23-2008, 12:45 AM
For those Ive seen say its easy to pass but hard to keep a multi.
See how easy it is to pass when you gotta play it on the ES, song 82/84 =D

o0 TommyGuns 0o
09-23-2008, 03:59 AM
See how easy it is to pass when you gotta play it on the ES, song 82/84 =D ya i found this out the hard way i could beat this song probably every second try when i played it the last couple days after playing 81 songs i cant seem to pass it and my arms feel like they way 100 pounds

wazz1
09-24-2008, 12:25 AM
See how easy it is to pass when you gotta play it on the ES, song 82/84 =D

yeah, iron bladders gonna be tough with visions as the 82nd song, by that time ill either be half asleep or dead, but hopefully ill have enough mental stamina to muster through

D3adcell86
09-24-2008, 08:32 AM
well you can get iron bladder by playing on medium right?

xCOBRAx
09-24-2008, 09:35 AM
im sorry but nothing about this song is music. If you were to mix a baseball bat, a chainsaw, and a pickup truck Visions is the sound you would probably get. How can the producer of this noise still be in business?

Matrarch
09-24-2008, 03:43 PM
well you can get iron bladder by playing on medium right?

Yeah, I think so. But who wants to go through 84 songs consecutively twice? o_O

I won't even try the 9 song HMX setlist because Visions is in there let alone Endless Setlist. It's just all sorts of not fun to play so far as I'm concerned.

omegamustard
09-24-2008, 04:51 PM
http://a963.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/40/l_17dc67ffe18d50a5beb9de74cd9f078a.jpg

Abnormality, still can't believe a girl sings well roars.

Lucent Beam
09-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Yeah, I think so. But who wants to go through 84 songs consecutively twice? o_O

I've done the Endless Setlist on expert in RB1 4 times, so I guess that would include me.

Matrarch
09-24-2008, 07:12 PM
I've done the Endless Setlist on expert in RB1 4 times, so I guess that would include me.

I've done endless setlist twice, so I'm not opposed to giving it multiple runs. I guess my point is more that (though I didn't articulate this at all) going through endless setlist a second time on medium to get a 25 point achievement seems like a tough sell, so to speak. :)

Lucent Beam
09-24-2008, 07:25 PM
^But if you are playing it for fun and not particularly for the 25G, then it's not such a tough sell.
I only got an achievement for one Endless Setlist... the other 15 hours of playing were just for fun. So what's another 6 hours of 'just fun' where I happen to get an achievement. Though maybe other people don't have the same RB attention span that I have.

TwistedFate
09-24-2008, 07:35 PM
I'm doing Endless at least twice. I can only Expert every song on Vox and there is no way I can go 6+ hours singing at Expert level without a water to soothe the vocal chords and with Water comes the urge to pee, made worse by the fact that I can't stop. Soooo... at least twice through for me.

APX
09-24-2008, 09:36 PM
http://a963.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/40/l_17dc67ffe18d50a5beb9de74cd9f078a.jpg

Abnormality, still can't believe a girl sings well roars.

And hot as hell as well. Another reason death/black metal/grindcore is great. :D

Matrarch
09-24-2008, 11:59 PM
^But if you are playing it for fun and not particularly for the 25G, then it's not such a tough sell.
I only got an achievement for one Endless Setlist... the other 15 hours of playing were just for fun. So what's another 6 hours of 'just fun' where I happen to get an achievement. Though maybe other people don't have the same RB attention span that I have.

I agree with you. I'm just thinking from my point of view, it wouldn't be fun to play the game on medium due to the lack of challenge. So, personally, if I were to find myself playing endless setlist on medium, it would be just for the 25 points. That's the point I was giong for in the context of playing endless setlist on a lower difficulty.

It depends on the situation too. I think you mentioned that you played with several different people on those ocassions you repeated endless setlist. I would think for many of us playing with others is the big draw, so it would be totally fun to do that should you have the time. Playing it multiple times on my own wouldn't be as fun. Of course, this point may be moot since it may not apply to you, but figured I'd through it out there. :)

Lonsta DaMonsta
09-27-2008, 10:18 AM
It's official. This song sucks. I am open to many genres, and I actually really enjoy a few metal bands, but this is nothing but talentless blast beats. Mike Portnoy would be ashamed.

The good news is I can 3-star it on expert drums for now, so I should have no issues with the endless setlist.... hopefully.

And my gosh, that's a girl? She's not the least bit attractive.

Matrarch
09-27-2008, 03:16 PM
This is the one song in the game where I don't find myself trying to mimic the singer at all and I doubt I would unless I had some affliction of the larynx that made it possible. I just sit there and read the words since I have absolutely no interest in playing it. Good news, I suppose, is since this ... "song"... is third to last, it's actually a nice break for someone who is singing since it's so easy to do. :)

And my apologies to anyone who likes Visions. I understand it's a genre of music that some people really enjoy. I just do not get it.

Greg0fTheDead
09-28-2008, 01:40 AM
this song is pure evil

Iv VeNoM vI
09-28-2008, 02:07 AM

Nah panic attack and painkiller arent hard, i havent played visions yet.

Iv VeNoM vI
09-28-2008, 02:08 AM
I'm doing Endless at least twice. I can only Expert every song on Vox and there is no way I can go 6+ hours singing at Expert level without a water to soothe the vocal chords and with Water comes the urge to pee, made worse by the fact that I can't stop. Soooo... at least twice through for me.

Yea Vocals is EPIC on the ESL.

SebastianSB
09-28-2008, 02:41 AM
This is the one song in the game where I don't find myself trying to mimic the singer at all and I doubt I would unless I had some affliction of the larynx that made it possible.

Whenever we do a song like this (as Lucent Beam already knows), I just hold my mic up to my TV instead of singing. It gets the job done and I avoid sounding like a moron "singing" the song.

Matrarch
09-28-2008, 06:11 AM
Whenever we do a song like this (as Lucent Beam already knows), I just hold my mic up to my TV instead of singing. It gets the job done and I avoid sounding like a moron "singing" the song.

I just speak it. Like I'm reading a telephone book or something equally mundane. My brother heard me playing the song a little bit ago and commented on how bored I sound. Still good to net 100% on it though.

I guess, if nothing else, it makes for an easy flawless singing achievement. -_-

nightmare975
09-28-2008, 07:33 AM
Visions is sung by a girl!?

No fucking way. Man, I'm afraid to hear her normal voice.

SebastianSB
09-28-2008, 04:42 PM
Visions is sung by a girl!?

No fucking way. Man, I'm afraid to hear her normal voice.

She probably sounds like Sylvester Stallone.

zvblade
09-28-2008, 08:08 PM
Hey guys i made this thread for people can give tips and talk about this song so please stay on topic.

TA Sasuke
09-29-2008, 07:10 AM
i officially hate the members of this band and hope they die. i failed on visions after 81 other songs without pausing or failing. :uzi:Abnormality :mad:

Sofa KingSavage
09-29-2008, 07:18 AM
visions....the reason I didn't get the iron bladder. :mad:

Sofa KingSavage
09-29-2008, 07:22 AM
If you do it on vocals its an easy 100% ... "mary had a little lamb....little lamb" <--- try it :woop:

JMills109
09-29-2008, 11:40 AM
When I got to Visions in ESL2 I basically just saved all OD the entire time to ensure I wouldn't fail and lose Iron Bladder. I have no problem with it normally, but I could tell I was playing SIGNIFICANTLY worse by the time I got to it.

Anyways, I agree this song is terrible. I don't enjoy playing it at all.

Painkiller and Panic Attack are far, far better IMO.

Lucent Beam
09-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Every time I play Make a Setlist I temporarily hover over Visions and everyone in my band groans and is like "No no no". It doesn't even sound like music. What a horrendous song.

ILoveAztecChick
09-29-2008, 06:36 PM
Every time I play Make a Setlist I temporarily hover over Visions and everyone in my band groans and is like "No no no". It doesn't even sound like music. What a horrendous song.

It sounds like you hover over it just to watch them squirm lol.

SebastianSB
09-30-2008, 12:50 AM
It sounds like you hover over it just to watch them squirm lol.

Of course she does :)

Harb
09-30-2008, 01:31 PM
I'm a fan of death metal, which is what this is, you don't hear me complaining about alanis morissette do you? I can't say I'm a fan of this band or this song, but there are plenty of other Death Metal bands with actual talent that people never give a chance.

If you want to hear what the genre truly has to offer listen to a few of these

Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bain
Death - Symbolic
At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul (Blinded by Fear is on this album)
Mastodon - Leviathan (more death metal than prog death like Blood Mountain, Colony of Birchmen)

People write this genre off without giving it a chance because of the silly bands like Cannibal Corpse/Abnormality etc... that are more into it for shock factor than actual music.

QuintessonJudge
09-30-2008, 04:02 PM
ugh this crappy song cost me the bladder of steel, and officially wasted six hours of my life... why do they insist on putting this crappy metal on these games? its not good, its not fun, why include it??

Lucent Beam
09-30-2008, 04:06 PM
I'm a fan of death metal, which is what this is, you don't hear me complaining about alanis morissette do you? I can't say I'm a fan of this band or this song, but there are plenty of other Death Metal bands with actual talent that people never give a chance.

If you want to hear what the genre truly has to offer listen to a few of these

Dissection - Storm of the Light's Bain
Death - Symbolic
At the Gates - Slaughter of the Soul (Blinded by Fear is on this album)
Mastodon - Leviathan (more death metal than prog death like Blood Mountain, Colony of Birchmen)

People write this genre off without giving it a chance because of the silly bands like Cannibal Corpse/Abnormality etc... that are more into it for shock factor than actual music.

This thread isn't knocking that entire genre of music.. but this song just totally sucks in every way possible.