PDA

View Full Version : Is this a sign that my 360 is going to die again?

scarface
09-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Something weird happens to my 360: When I'm playing certain games the light that indicates as to what controller is connected flashes between the first and second quadrant.
It stays on the first quadrant for a couple of minutes and then it switches to the second quadrant, has also stayed on the second quadrant for longer than it usually does.
I've disconnected and re-connected the controller but it doesn't seem to help.
The light stays on 1 on the controller though.

Is this a sign that its going to die again or is something messing with it? (It started around two months ago)

InkedUp
09-16-2008, 01:49 PM
If I'm reading right, it sounds like a problem with your controller. Your best bet is to contact support and explain the problem, they might be able to explain what is causing this

knockton55
09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Mine does this, its been doing it since I got it so its not breaking. I have no idea what this means either though :confused:

spif2001
09-16-2008, 05:29 PM
Maybe the gyroscope (or whatever it is) that tells the xbox if it is standing up or lying down, has a glitch? The line for controller 1 on the box is in a different spot if it stands up than when it lies down.

scarface
09-16-2008, 11:31 PM
Thank you for the replies. The weird thing is that it doesn't always do this. (at least it isn't breaking)

The 360 stands up because there is no room for it to lay down. Like spif2001 said it might be glitched.

InkedUp thanks, If it keeps on doing this I'll probably contact customer support.

knockton55 so it happens to yours as well, kind of glad to see that someone elses 360 is weird. (means I'm not seeing things)

Junafani
09-17-2008, 01:37 AM
Mine Xbox does that too and it was vertical position. Maybe it is wobbling slightly and gyroscope thinks that it is standing at one time and lying down at another time. Yesterday I put it to horizontally, but I have not noticed if it does that again.

Kwyjibo3637
09-17-2008, 02:47 AM
I wouldn't be too worried about it, as long as you can play it.
like it has been said, it's probably just a glitch with the gyro.