PDA

View Full Version : Serious freezing Issues

BullZeye
09-16-2008, 04:58 PM
First of All,yes I've checked the "Is your 360 crying out for help?" thread but I couldn't find my problem there.

Well,it first appeared today,when I gotSW The Force Unleashed.
At one point during the second mission,there suddenly was a strange sound,the screen flashed blue breefly and the picture just froze.
I thought,well this can happen once in a while,but I have restartet my 360 a whole bunch of time it just happens each time,only after about 30 seconds after I chose "continue game" in the main menu.
In the main menu itself and on the dashboard everything's fine.
I don't know where this comes from and it has never occured before,but apparently it's no issue with the disk,it's brand new,there are no scratches and when I put in Too Human,after a while the same happened again.
Does anyone know what the problem might be or has this already happended to anyone before?

Ashz0r
09-16-2008, 05:06 PM
Not sure but Too Human has frozen on me quite alot of times since I got it. (Mainly when playing CO-OP online).

I get the accasional random freeze on other games but nothing constant.

BullZeye
09-16-2008, 05:08 PM
Yeah,well this happens constant,every time,I've tried a whole bunch of games that never gave me any problems before,but now,they do!

InkedUp
09-16-2008, 05:10 PM
Never heard of this before, the only thing I can tell you is to contact support and hope it is an easy fix

spif2001
09-16-2008, 05:15 PM
If you are getting this error often and in all your games, you are probably heading for a RRoD. Mine froze with strange dotted lines every few minutes for a week and finally gave up and showed the 3 red lines on startup.

BullZeye
09-16-2008, 05:26 PM
I guess I have no choice.
So one stupid question: What's the best way to contact the support?Over the phone?

Edit : Well now it has changed a bit.The picture didn't freeze, the screen just went black.
And then it happened again.And again...
I've also tried playing the Pure Demo that I still had on my Hard Drive,and, well the same happened, so it's propably got nothing to do with the DVD-Drive.
Although it does seem that the Force Unleashed DVD brought the problem onto the console,but that might be a coincidence.
I also tried playing without the Hard Drive-with exactly the same result.

Shadow Fba
09-17-2008, 12:56 AM
Have your tried clearing your cache?

InkedUp
09-17-2008, 03:47 PM
At least you know that their is nothing wrong with your hard drive

BullZeye
09-17-2008, 04:05 PM
Yes,I did try clearing the cache but that didn't help and even without the Hard Drive it happened again.
I called support and after a while the advice was to send it in,so they're gonna pick it up in the next few days.
I just hope they don't take too long to fix it.