PDA

View Full Version : American Football Season

IMportdreams95
09-11-2006, 04:24 AM
sorry if there is a thread already posted i couldnt find one.

i just wanted to get everyones opinion on Week one.

Manning VS Manning - run game wasnt really there thou i know that it will get better, Joseph Addai is amazing just needs playing time. COLTS WIN :woop:

Michael Vick does what he does best and that is "Whatever it takes" run the ball throw the ball whatever, the man has talent.

Philadelphia shows that once again they can win with out TO.

Being from Indiana i am a Big Drew Brees fan and with him changeing teams and haveing Reggie Bush on his team i was very happy., and well today they got the win. i would have liked to see bush get more yards, but a win is a win.

Jacksonville shows that big money players dont always get their way., TO got stumped, and Jacksonville defense looked good as Mike Peterson a formal Indianapolis Colt snaggs an INT! congrats to Fonkey Monkey (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/member.php?u=2014) :Bounce:

Brett Favre showed tonight why he gets the senior citizen discount when he goes out for dinner. poor guy, hes played to long time to retire.:confused:

Well as i would have liked to see the Cardinals flop, and get their ass kicked today that didnt happen., i guess Congrats to the formal colt edge.:(

Pittsburgh showed that the more people who think that the Miami Dolphins are going to win the Super Bowl, just means..... more unhappy people when they get their ass kicked by the Super Bowl Champs.

Since, last year when Palmer when out with knee injury caused by the Pittsburgh Steelers, i didnt think that he would be the same, as most people didnt. and today he looked like he was determinded to show everyone why he belonged in the NFL as a starting QB.

With Steve Mcnair losing his job thanks to Vince Young, he showed everyone in Baltimore that they didnt get a second string QB that he was still in his prime, looking to bring a ring home to Baltimore.,

Speaking of Vince Young i wasnt really impressed with his play today, he gets 4 passes off and gets an INT., come on Vince you can do better than that......Right :confused:

well i could go on and on forever but im sure you guys are sick of reading my week one summary, so what is yours?

L3giOn
09-11-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm a Bills fan, always have been. They're going to suck this year as usual, but I'll always stick by them.

Fonkey Monkey
09-11-2006, 07:59 PM
damn you beat me to it i was goin to make one of these:p

I'm a Bills fan, always have been. They're going to suck this year as usual, but I'll always stick by them.
not nessasarily, they won yesterday...

i thougth it was a pretty good 1st week. i was surpirsed for how long the texans sttayed in the game with the iggles. and was anyone watching the cheifs game and see trent green get layed out? ouch. hes so lucky he only got a minor cuncusion. and of course my jags whooped cowboy ass. it was a really good game though, they are evenly matched teams.and held TO to 80 yards and 3 catches:woop:. and they play again on monday night football on my bday, what could be a perfecter bday present than a jags win?

Krazie
09-11-2006, 08:57 PM
damn you beat me to it i was goin to make one of these:p

not nessasarily, they won yesterday...

What're you talking about? They lost yesterday..

I'm not gonna post too awfully much right now, because I would go on forever

Only thing I wanna mention is that I'm extremely happy with how the Niners played yesterday. They lost, sure, but its not about winning for them right now. Yesterday, however, they played like a football team. Frank Gore looked terrific, Vernon Davis showed that he's gonna be a top tier tight end soon enough, and Alex Smith showed some real flashes of talent, especially in the last 2 minutes. During clutch time, he made some AMAZING throws, he showed great accuracy, and extreme poise. He almost mounted a comeback to tie the game in the last few seconds, they just didn't have enough time..

Fonkey Monkey
09-11-2006, 09:47 PM
errr whoops. forgot about that. they were leading for a while then i stopped paying attention. but hey if they kept that close to the patriots that long thats gotta mean somethin good right?

L3giOn
09-11-2006, 09:53 PM
errr whoops. forgot about that. they were leading for a while then i stopped paying attention. but hey if they kept that close to the patriots that long thats gotta mean somethin good right?

Yeah, but I don't expect much. The Bills have been in a constant rebuilding period ever since their their powerhouse team of the 90's got old and retired. Constant quarterback controversy, numerous coaches, and a weak offensive line have plagued them for years. I'm just hoping that Marv Leevey as General Manager can turn this team around. I'm so sick and tired of losing season after losing season. It's extremely frusterating.

Krazie
09-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Well atleast they get it out of the way in the regular season instead of in the super bowl every year ;)

IMportdreams95
09-11-2006, 10:34 PM
Yeah, but I don't expect much. The Bills have been in a constant rebuilding period ever since their their powerhouse team of the 90's got old and retired. Constant quarterback controversy, numerous coaches, and a weak offensive line have plagued them for years. I'm just hoping that Marv Leevey as General Manager can turn this team around. I'm so sick and tired of losing season after losing season. It's extremely frusterating.

i honestly know how you feel, growing up and being a colts fan has had its ups and downs. in the 90's with the power house Bills was they team that always beat us. they were like the patriots vs colts of the 90's.. the training camp used to be in my hometown as a kid, and going to watch them practice every year then seeing them always lose got frusterating. and even thou they have a super bowl contending team., im still worried b/c of all the "big game" loses we have.. even thou im Blue thru and thru.! go colts!!

grull27
09-11-2006, 10:55 PM
MIAMI DOLPHINS!
OAKLAND RAIDERS!

I live in Miami

Fonkey Monkey
09-11-2006, 11:23 PM
who do you guys want to win tonights 2 monday games?
for the vikings vs skins i gotta go with the redskins. not a big fan of the redskins, but since mark brunell brought so much success to the jags franchise, i will be a fan of his forever. and i think he still has a good 3 years left in him.
as for the chargers vs raiders game, gotta go with the chargers. LT is THE best running back in the game right now.

edit: gamn vikings just scored :mad:

grull27
09-11-2006, 11:31 PM
I hope the Redskins and the Raiders win.

peppersvsfreeney
09-12-2006, 12:06 AM
who do you guys want to win tonights 2 monday games?
for the vikings vs skins i gotta go with the redskins. not a big fan of the redskins, but since mark brunell brought so much success to the jags franchise, i will be a fan of his forever. and i think he still has a good 3 years left in him.
as for the chargers vs raiders game, gotta go with the chargers. LT is THE best running back in the game right now.

edit: gamn vikings just scored :mad:

I agree skins and chargers.

P.S. Jags-Panthers super bowl, take your pick and be honest

grull27
09-12-2006, 12:09 AM
I disagree with you Fonkey Monkey.

Shaun Alexander is the best runningback in the NFL.

Fonkey Monkey
09-12-2006, 12:15 AM
TOUCHDOWN REDSKINS!

@ peppersvsfreeney~ right now seeing yesterdays performance, i would say jags. but going by last year the jags dont even stand a chance. ask me again at week 8.

@grull27~ shaun alexander got like 40 yards yesterday against the lions. looking forward to seeing LT play in about 2 hours.

grull27
09-12-2006, 12:46 AM
I just made a gamercard for the Dolphins.
Look at sig.

DaKing240
09-12-2006, 12:53 AM
I think I can make a better Dolphin one...

Send me a link to where you make it, and I will design it.

grull27
09-12-2006, 12:59 AM
I think I can make a better Dolphin one...

Send me a link to where you make it, and I will design it.
www.livecard.net

IMportdreams95
09-12-2006, 01:12 AM
im going to go redskins., i think that they have a lot of talent this year. and i would like to see the chargers win, see if they can do it w/ out drew brees.

Fonkey Monkey
09-12-2006, 01:15 AM
I just made a gamercard for the Dolphins.
Look at sig.
cool, i found a sweet jags gamercard.. would make one myself but i dont know how the hell to do it hah.

grull27
09-12-2006, 01:28 AM
Where did you just find a Jaguars gamercard?!?!

Fonkey Monkey
09-12-2006, 02:09 AM
http://halo-universe.com/gamercards/view.php?cat=20

theres a dolphin one towards the bottom

Fonkey Monkey
09-12-2006, 04:12 AM
LT~ 115 all purpose yards in the 1st quarter :).
they are leading 13-0 in the middle of the 3rd quarter, so it seems as though the chargers will win, making them the only team in the west with a win right now :p
edit: jesus christ aaron brooks has been tackeled 7 times and 4th quarter hasnt even started...

L3giOn
09-12-2006, 06:27 PM
http://halo-universe.com/gamercards/view.php?cat=20

theres a dolphin one towards the bottom

Do you know where I can find a Bills one that's about the size of my current blue gamertag?

graf1k
09-12-2006, 09:12 PM
I was really looking for the Panthers to take the NFC this year but after that display against the Falcons and the fact that Seattle got Branch I'm really worried. A loss to the Falcons isn't that big of a deal. Hell, the Panthers lost to New Orleans last year. But Seattle is looking fucking solid right now.

peppersvsfreeney
09-15-2006, 02:30 PM
The way I look at the week 1 loss to the Falcons is that Steve Smith (The BEST wideout in football) was not playing and except for last year they always seem to lose to the Falcons so like graf1k pointed out they lost to the saints in last years seson opener and actually started 1-2 and then went 10-3 the rest of the year before getting slaughtered in the NFC championship game:mad:. Anyhow hopefully they bounce back this week and beat the Vikings and hopefully they'll get on a winning streak.

L3giOn
09-18-2006, 08:18 PM
Well I was very happy with the Bills' performance against the Dolphins this week! Haha Dante Culpepper couldn't do shit! :biglaugh :nana

Fonkey Monkey
09-18-2006, 08:26 PM
monday night football~ steelers VS jags, take yo pic
i pick jags, obviuosly :p
but only because the steelers are using charly batch, if they had roesthliberger(sp?) that would be a completley different story...

Krazie
09-19-2006, 02:36 AM
monday night football~ steelers VS jags, take yo pic
i pick jags, obviuosly :p
but only because the steelers are using charly batch, if they had roesthliberger(sp?) that would be a completley different story...

One hell of a game so far tonight! I'm going for the Jags also because I used Fred Taylor this week in my fantasy league because i wasnt 100% sure Brian Westbrook was going to start.. I need another 16 all-purpose yards from him in the last 1 and a half quarters for a victory (a TD wouldnt be bad either!).. I'm counting on him!

This shits gonna end up with a baseball score of like 6-3

Fonkey Monkey
09-19-2006, 03:09 AM
AH!!!
if only reggie williams was faster! he woulda turned that 48 yard reception into a TD!

Fonkey Monkey
09-19-2006, 03:27 AM
YES! jags got ball, 3 mins left, 9-0... far from over though...
jesus this has been a fantastic game....

Fonkey Monkey
09-19-2006, 03:35 AM
INTERCEPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
they done son!
:woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop::woop:
on the 2 yard line too...shit man this went from a really mega close game to a blow out...
edit: nvm they are kneeing it...

Krazie
09-19-2006, 03:40 AM
Fantastic game, lowest scoring MNF game of all-time

Fred Taylor, Matt Jones, and Mathis definitely played their roles :p

Yea Fonkey, they better have taken the knee, if they didnt, that woulda been tremendously unclassy..

peppersvsfreeney
09-19-2006, 08:28 PM
Can't believe the Panthers lost again, it's looking like the Panthers would lose to the Jags in a Super Bowl or any other game. The only other thing I'll say is that they better beat the freakin Saints.

L3giOn
09-20-2006, 03:38 AM
Yeah the Panthers aren't looking too good this year. It's a pretty big disappointmet for me too because they're my NFC team.

Fonkey Monkey
09-24-2006, 04:30 AM
holy crap, the jags are lucky to get one nationaly telveised game a year,this year they have the 1st three weeks:woop:.
colts VS jags.
should be a great game.
i predict that peyton throws only one td pass and it goes into overtime...

Krazie
09-24-2006, 05:33 AM
Colts- 21
Jags- 10

Ki23lla
10-01-2006, 07:52 PM
is anyone watching the jets - colts game?

IMportdreams95
10-01-2006, 08:14 PM
Yeah i was. man that was a great game. I was scared there for awhile. One example that last play!! :eek:
But my colts proved they are a super bowl team. Whoo Hooo :Bounce:

Fonkey Monkey
10-01-2006, 09:30 PM
i was supposed to go with my dad to the chiefs-niners game today, but i had enough common sence that it would be a blowout so i didnt go :p
and boy oh boy was i right....

graf1k
10-09-2006, 04:25 AM
Yeah i was. man that was a great game. I was scared there for awhile. One example that last play!! :eek:

I will predict right here and now that even if Indianapolis makes it to the Super Bowl, they will not win. I guarantee.

L3giOn
10-09-2006, 10:36 AM
I will predict right here and now that even if Indianapolis makes it to the Super Bowl, they will not win. I guarantee.

You can't guarantee anything in the NFL. Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday. That's the beauty of it. ;)

graf1k
10-09-2006, 03:09 PM
You can't guarantee anything in the NFL. Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday. That's the beauty of it. ;)

Let's come back to this thread in January and see if I'm right.

Fonkey Monkey
10-09-2006, 09:29 PM
yea anything can happen at any time...that is why the TITANS almost beat them.
but if this jags offensive explosion keeps up ( 30 points last week, 41 this week), no one will be able to stop them..

Krazie
10-09-2006, 10:08 PM

Beating the Titans doesn't really qualify as a super bowl team. Beating the Titans by 1 point should be a warning that they still AREN'T a super bowl team, especially with Jacksonville in their division!

And Fonkey -- One team in the league CAN stop the Jags, and that will be the Bears, the 2006-07 Super Bowl champions. They're too good this year, they can go 15-1 or 14-2 easily this year the way they've been playing! They've outscored their opponents by 120 points in 5 weeks! Thats an average margin of almost 25 points! 156 to 36, thats just unreal! Plus, look at their schedule: they have games against 49ers, Jets, Packers, Lions, Cardinals, Dolhpins -- That should easily make them 11-0 right there! This team is for real, Rex Grossman is for real..

As for my niners -- Tore up the Raiders (who couldnt), that makes us 2-3, 1 game below .500! :eek:

Fonkey Monkey
10-17-2006, 02:39 AM
honestly, who could see that the bears would be beaten by the Cardinals
20-3???
of course its not over yet, but still, how crazy is this?

Lykos
10-27-2006, 12:51 AM
The Jets might actually make the playoffs with their ridiculously easy schedule.

Nodogg
12-03-2006, 08:17 PM
This conversation is pointless, the Colts are going to win it all! OH! :woop:

Fonkey Monkey
12-04-2006, 04:58 AM
damn that colts- titans game was mmmmmmmazing :woop:

IMportdreams95
12-04-2006, 03:01 PM
damn that colts- titans game was mmmmmmmazing :woop:

it was a good game, nice fing kick. (but he did had 90 mph at his back lol ) but the colts played like shit. Everyone thinks the titans are a joke but they arnt they are a very good team just struggleing just like everyone else.

Fonkey Monkey
12-04-2006, 11:48 PM
yea that kick was crazy. but id still say last week was better. (when they were down 24-0 against giants and came back to win:eek:)
game of the year.

platoon
01-15-2007, 10:58 PM
ive been watching some american football its not to bad its a bit slow whats up with that team called redskins with a native american as the club logo bit racist i think

Grim Reeper
03-02-2007, 05:44 PM

....i guess your right