PDA

View Full Version : Fall Update may be Co-Released with the new Scene It? In Late October.

Disc07
09-16-2008, 09:24 PM
http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/digitaljoystick/archives/148773.asp

This is just a theory a gamer just like us came up with. I thought maybe the folks here can strike up some conversation about it.

So what this guy thinks is that the new Scene It? game will be a likely candidate to be the first game to utilize the new avatar system of the New 360 Dashboard. Which will give it a release date of around the Scene It? release of October 28th.

What do you guys think of that idea?

laundryman
09-16-2008, 09:27 PM
Meh, I'm not a fan of those types of games, so I could care less really if they release it with the update. I just want the update to GET here.

vI Starlight Iv
09-16-2008, 10:21 PM
It would make sense but I think its more likely that it will be released with halo 3 dlc on 25/9/08

jonnyMAGNUM
09-16-2008, 10:30 PM
It would make sense but I think its more likely that it will be released with halo 3 dlc on 25/9/08
I don't think it'll be that soon because it was in production at PAX and when asked, they said it wasn't done yet. I think October is more of a believable date. Plus, it'll only be fall for four days on the 25th. :p

Ben Sharpe
09-16-2008, 10:33 PM

There is no chance it will be released then, and who said there was Halo DLC then either, as far as I know it is a title update not DLC, and anyway as the guy above said it is still in development Major Nelson even said this on the podcast and even was making fun of the rumor of it being out on the 25th

vI Starlight Iv
09-16-2008, 10:36 PM
There is no chance it will be released then, and who said there was Halo DLC then either, as far as I know it is a title update not DLC, and anyway as the guy above said it is still in development Major Nelson even said this on the podcast and even was making fun of the rumor of it being out on the 25th

Whats the difference between a title update and a dlc?

wigidywaxa
09-16-2008, 10:39 PM
It would make sense...but it's M$ afterall.

I'm looking forward to the new scene it though :)

Ben Sharpe
09-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Whats the difference between a title update and a dlc?

DLC is new maps and stuff like that, and an update is a patch that fixs bugs and glitches mostly (but iirc the new Halo patch is introducing a new exp system this time round)

vI Starlight Iv
09-16-2008, 10:48 PM
okay i see igess it will be a title update then

EvilestBean
09-16-2008, 11:47 PM
It would make sense because scene it, is that kinda game were the new update would work extremely well with a quiz game. I just want the update lol.

Disc07
09-17-2008, 12:52 AM
I don't think it'll be that soon because it was in production at PAX and when asked, they said it wasn't done yet. I think October is more of a believable date. Plus, it'll only be fall for four days on the 25th. :p

Not to go off topic on my own forum...lol, but on bungie.net's latest weekly update they said that there was a date set for the Halo 3 Title Update... it was in fact today, the 16th, but they found more bugs and stuff that needed to be fixed; so they expressed how the new update should be here sometime between now and the 25th. Which is very nice to hear since we should be getting new Halo achievements within the next week or so.

Deadly Moves
09-17-2008, 01:00 AM
http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/digitaljoystick/archives/148773.asp

This is just a theory a gamer just like us came up with. I thought maybe the folks here can strike up some conversation about it.

So what this guy thinks is that the new Scene It? game will be a likely candidate to be the first game to utilize the new avatar system of the New 360 Dashboard. Which will give it a release date of around the Scene It? release of October 28th.

What do you guys think of that idea?
Would make sense..
I hope so.. I can't wait for this update.. It's gonna be awesome!

jonnyMAGNUM
09-17-2008, 01:51 AM
Not to go off topic on my own forum...lol, but on bungie.net's latest weekly update they said that there was a date set for the Halo 3 Title Update... it was in fact today, the 16th, but they found more bugs and stuff that needed to be fixed; so they expressed how the new update should be here sometime between now and the 25th. Which is very nice to hear since we should be getting new Halo achievements within the next week or so.
You said update so many times I got lost. ... What?

Disc07
09-17-2008, 02:12 AM
You said update so many times I got lost. ... What?

HA... UPDATE!

So basically what I said was on bungie's website they said that Halo's Title Update Number 2 was suppose to come out today, but instead they are shooting for it to come out sometime between now and September 25th because of bugs and stuff.

We’ve slightly rejiggered the TU2 release date as a result of some late-is-the-hour type changes we wanted to make. These changes don’t affect or augment the already much-discussed TU/patch/Autoupdate in any ways that will be visible to you guys.

TU2 will not come out on Sept. 16th and previously stated. It will come out sometime after Sept. 16th and before September 25th – when we finish the 64-man roshambo tournament to decide the release date, we'll let you know.

Kwyjibo3637
09-17-2008, 02:30 AM
well seeing as a big selling point they bring up for that game is that you can use the avatars in it..definitely makes sense..I don't see it coming out with the Halo DLC..seems like 2 different things..it'd be like getting a G rated preview when you go see an R rated movie..

neok182
09-17-2008, 02:47 AM
this would REALLY make a lot of sense Scene It 2 and Uno RUSH are the first two major titles to support avatars. obviously the fall update will be out before then and since MS does publish Scene It that just adds to the evidence.

personally i think this is all probably true. fall update sometime before scene it 2 or launch day, and it wouldn't surprise me to see them toss the update on the disk as well for people who don't go online.

InkedUp
09-17-2008, 02:51 PM
This may be one of the most rationale guesses so far. I was hoping for the 25th, but that was shot down.

Shadow Fba
09-17-2008, 02:59 PM
I just cant wait for the fall update, espeically with my Xbox getting back to me on Friday.