PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Confirms: Several Halo Games in the Works

Weapon 117
09-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz, Phil Spencer has revealed that there are several Halo games in the works. The head of Microsoft Game Studios said that Halo is one of their first party multi-faceted franchises that can span across several games and genres:

Well, there's more than one team building Halo games right now. There are more than two or three teams building Halo things right now. Some of them we will own, some of them we won't. It's never been, for me, about who you own or don't own - it's about working with the best creative talent in the industry.

Source: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/17588/Microsoft-Confirms-Several-Halo-Games-in-the-Works/

DJbruce
09-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Wait 7 :eek:. Last time I heard the only halo game being made was Halo wars.

vI Starlight Iv
09-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Halo is a money tree in Bill gates back garden and he will keep growing it why wouldnt he i cant think of how there can be that many lol though

jonnyMAGNUM
09-16-2008, 10:28 PM
Wait 7 :eek:. Last time I heard the only halo game being made was Halo wars.
Not SEVEN, SEVERAL. I read seven at first too.

Gariom
09-16-2008, 11:20 PM
They just keep milking it and milking it for all it's worth. I think partially the reason they continuously make Halo games (the 4th should be made by Bungie and sum up everything) is because they want to make Master Chief an incredibly well known character. Well, mission ****ing accomplished! Thanks to Halo 3, Master Chief is the third most known character in history (right behind Jesus and Mario).

hopesfall2win
09-17-2008, 02:03 AM
3 games is not milking. Look at Zelda/Mario/Metal Gear/Final Fantasy. I say the more the merrier! (as long as done in good taste) :)

Deadly Moves
09-17-2008, 02:10 AM
They just keep milking it and milking it for all it's worth. I think partially the reason they continuously make Halo games (the 4th should be made by Bungie and sum up everything) is because they want to make Master Chief an incredibly well known character. Well, mission ****ing accomplished! Thanks to Halo 3, Master Chief is the third most known character in history (right behind Jesus and Mario).
I think you forgot about Satan n God. I think there more well known than John117 ;)

As long as there good games.. What does it matter how many there are?

neok182
09-17-2008, 02:49 AM
well lets see

Halo Wars
Halo 3 PC
Peter Jackson halo project
Halo 4

theres a least four games right there. and several usually means 4-7

Asian47
09-17-2008, 03:01 AM
There has been talk about more than one Halo game for years now, I don't see people find this new.

v_thorne
09-17-2008, 03:29 AM
Really.
Halo is way overrated in my opinion.

*grabs bullet proof shield*

Tussell
09-17-2008, 03:57 AM
I know I'll probably end up buying them all, but it's still sad to see them doing this to such a wonderful game.

Halo 1 had the story, Halo 2 had Xbox Live.

Halo 3 was just meh. I know for a fact the rest will be too.

Ashz0r
09-17-2008, 11:49 AM
Halo3 is not a bad game.. its not as good as Halo2 in my opinion but its still not bad.. I don't want to start a war this is just my opinion but: I feel that halo3 is one of the few fps on x360 that actually requires any skill to be good at so I say more the merrier.

Saying stop making Halo games would like be telling Nintendo to stop making Mario games.. Master Cheif is Microsoft's Mario...

InkedUp
09-17-2008, 02:33 PM
This is all one big tease. Microsoft and Bungie have been stringing us along for months, stop hinting at new Halo games and give us some useful info for once Microsoft

b3nnyth3gr33k
09-17-2008, 03:23 PM
sweeet several new games ill be getting all seven

DanTheManGum
09-17-2008, 06:04 PM
I like Halo. I don't love Halo but I do think it is a very fun game and becomes much more fun when you play it as that. The Halo name will get me to notice it but how it plays will get me to own it.

lwokyle
09-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Really.

it's overrated, but still a good game (and i would like to keep playing more of them). just not as much as it is hyped to be.

jonnyMAGNUM
09-18-2008, 04:13 PM
Really.

I agree completely with you. The first one was good, but it's just a generic shooter. I though Halo 3 was quite bad. Not worse than Halo 2, but not good. If it weren't for it's incredibly acclaim, I'm sure it would have gotten mediocre reviews. I would have given it a high 7ish or an 8.

But whatever makes money ... will continue to make money. M$ would be dumb to stop the Halo franchise.