PDA

View Full Version : Infinity Ward Developing Call of Duty 6 for 2009

Weapon 117
09-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Activision Publishing CEO Mike Griffith today confirmed that Call of Duty creator Infinity Ward, which most recently handled Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, will return to the franchise next year with Call of Duty 6.

"In 2009, we expect Infinity Ward to deliver another [entry of] ground-breaking quality, Call of Duty 6," Griffith stated at today's Activision Blizzard Analyst Day. Earlier this year, the CEO revealed that a new Call of Duty game would arrive in 2009 (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53961), but did not offer any other details at the time.

Confusingly, Griffith's presentation today seemed to date CoD 6 for 2010 as well. After discussing Treyarch's Call of Duty: World at War, which he referred to as Call of Duty 5, the CEO said that "for calendar year 2010, Infinity Ward is already at work on the next installment in the franchise."

Following publisher Activision's "leapfrog strategy (http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53961)" of alternating developers, Infinity Ward's Call of Duty 6 will follow up Treyarch's Call of Duty: World at War, which launches on November 5 for PC, Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PS2, and Wii. Treyarch had also developed Call of Duty 3 as a part of that strategy.

Source: http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54745

Ingles
09-16-2008, 09:51 PM
This was such good news when I read this! Infinity Wards is definitely the better development team for the Call of Duty series. In a way, it's good that they alternate them though. I could see a team getting "burnt out" on a series of a game after so long.

Hypnotik Andrew
09-23-2008, 02:02 PM
woohooo this is A have to get game

ZServ
09-30-2008, 10:07 PM
Infinity Ward is to shooters as gravy is to mashed potatoes.

DreadfulCorpse
10-03-2008, 06:22 PM
This looks like a regular thing for every new year.

JLogan27
10-03-2008, 08:49 PM
Make it Vietnam! Make it Vietnam!

I want to crawl into a tunnel.

DJbruce
10-03-2008, 08:53 PM
For me CoD4 was way Overated imo (I mean it was alright but not the greatest FPS ever). I might pick this up, depending on how good world at war is.

mikery009
10-04-2008, 03:25 AM
Call of Duty 6: Future Warfare!!??!!

KamikazeQ
10-04-2008, 03:26 AM
Infinity Ward did manage to impress on Call of Duty 4.

Kami

afunk117
10-07-2008, 05:59 AM
i like call of duty so i think it'll be good but we know barely anything about it . although i still might want it.
i guess there'd probably be a call of duty 7.

Insane Sugar Rush
10-08-2008, 12:57 AM
I definetly cant wait for this. I was one of those Halo3 fanboys that thought COD4 was bulls***, but when i rented it, I loved it. I was hooked. Infinity Ward sealed the deal with me.

Eternal
10-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Wonder what sort of warfare 6 will be on...

dorkzilla123
10-14-2008, 01:54 AM
After seeing my friend get an xbox360 and playing call of duty 4 for the first time (I was never a fan of FPS), I was amazed at the detailed graphics and smooth online gameplay.

I had to buy an xbox360 for myself. I've spent more time on that game than any other that I can think of.

What will seal it for me as a purchase would be online co-op storyline along with the normal online play. Let's hope for it.

icypinksmurf
10-15-2008, 08:32 AM
For me CoD4 was way Overated imo (I mean it was alright but not the greatest FPS ever). I might pick this up, depending on how good world at war is.

Huh?
That doesn't make sense...
CoD5 is being made by Treyarch.. o_O
I'm playing the beta, and its alright, but to people who hold it to high standards will say that its a step down from CoD4, which I will have to agree on.
Poor Treyarch.. There like the unloved son. :[

nightmare975
10-15-2008, 09:32 AM
I have to say that Infinity Ward Team did a great job on CoD4's storyline.

I mean come on, Shock and Awe left you...shocked.

I can't wait to see how IW does CoD6's storyline.

Insane Sugar Rush
10-18-2008, 04:11 PM
Lets hope that this explains what happens to soap and the 1st horseman also.

afunk117
10-18-2008, 11:34 PM
they better make it something different to world war 2. we've gone over it so many times its becoming a lame genre

scooke87
10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
I heard rumors that COD6 could be sci-fi in nature.

InkedUp
10-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Call of Duty 4 was the best one IMO. And with the series being done with WWII shooters, yes there is a thread about this, the sky is the limit for a new story line for Call of Duty 6

nightmare975
10-22-2008, 12:19 AM
Lets hope that this explains what happens to soap and the 1st horseman also.

The first Horseman is Jackson, isn't it? He dies in the level you get the achievement.

I heard rumors that COD6 could be sci-fi in nature.

Sci-fi would be awesome for CoD6.

Call of Duty: Futuristic Combat.

SynysterMonkey
10-22-2008, 12:25 AM
it comes out 31/3/2009

http://game.com.au/viewtitle?code=COD6360

It said October 2009, not March.

dillon
10-28-2008, 05:43 PM
WOW! I just wish Treyarch would make it

gdalex
10-29-2008, 03:34 PM
No mate it comes out on 31/10/09

afunk117
10-30-2008, 07:03 AM
they could make it the best call of duty if they dont Treyarch it

Emfulz
10-30-2008, 02:22 PM
Boo.. worst news I have read all day.
Treyarch > infinity award

LAClennell
10-31-2008, 11:12 PM
I think it'll be called Call of Duty 5, as the next COD coming out is Call of Duty: World at War. If CoD: WaW was the fifth installment, then the game would have been called Call of Duty 5: World at War, but it isn't, it's just World at War

SynysterMonkey
11-01-2008, 01:18 AM
^7 months is a long time, but March never made sense anyways. World at War would have only been out for 4 months, when each CoD installment lasts for about a year.

dm master
11-03-2008, 09:59 PM
I will be gettign this definatly if it is another modern warfare :)

I feel sorry for treyarch getting left in the shade behind the wonder than is infinity ward

master_shake_350
11-12-2008, 06:51 PM

Lol! 2017 if you get my drift ;)

Definite get for me!

DreadZer0
11-16-2008, 07:11 PM
i just hope that you can be in the SAS again. I got fed up with playing as nothing but americans in most war games. Soap was epic.

rhsdc.
11-16-2008, 10:10 PM

Lmao!

Why is Cod 6 already on here anyway...5 just came out

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
11-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Lmao!

Why is Cod 6 already on here anyway...5 just came out

Because its IW :)

Cant wait for 6 but until then its 1000/1000 on COD5 and lots of Mp!

Didnt like the Beta, but dont mind it tbh, for me, far more playable over a period of time then GoW.

I dont want futuristic war, that would suck. Although I like WWII I think as it has to be realistic in some sorts to real life events, modern warfare would be better.

I think it would actually be pretty cool if it was Modern Warfare but through the eye's of Iraq, Saudi, Afgan soldiers or whatever. Not the same story as 4 but just modern warfare.

A bit like a BIA story where your squad is the only one involved in fights where you have pushed the American/ British forces back etc incase some people were thinking I meant playing a game where you always lose ;);)

matthewaburns
11-16-2008, 11:21 PM
I dont want futuristic war, that would suck. Although I like WWII I think as it has to be realistic in some sorts to real life events, modern warfare would be better.

100% agree, WW2 is about done I think you can only do it so mant times, kinda like madden, go back to modern times guys like COD4

itz scott
11-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Good, Infinity ward are back on it :D

ACMercenary
11-26-2008, 01:53 AM

And that shall go down in the history of greatest lines.

yes, thank god they're doing another.

ethanl2k7
11-26-2008, 10:43 PM
dude i didnt even get use to world at war yet!

Purge
11-29-2008, 12:23 PM
I love Infinity Ward & Treyarch, so changing them every year or so is fantastic!

Two heads are better than one.

Malikkr
12-01-2008, 08:39 PM
I have to say that Infinity Ward Team did a great job on CoD4's storyline.

I mean come on, Shock and Awe left you...shocked.

I can't wait to see how IW does CoD6's storyline.

Same here. I loved that level, and it was a shocker. I was like 'I won't die, I'll be the only surviver and be a hero or something, your character never dies in video games. I won't die, I won't die, CRAP! I died.

joe.grayii
12-03-2008, 11:31 PM
Dude CoD6 should be the Vietnam War. I think that would be excellent in emotional value for players and its a fairly untapped resource of material for war games. I would entrust it to someone like Infinity Ward to do it justice.

Witness LeBron
12-04-2008, 06:17 AM
http://card.mygamercard.net/crest/witness+lebron.png
game is called CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dark lord me
12-04-2008, 03:37 PM
game is called CALL OF DUTY: MODERN WARFARE 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya its called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Tis is going to be epic. And i don't expect it to come out till after October

Side note to the guy im quoting , Put your gamer card thing down in your sig from the user CP

Hollandkaese
12-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Thank God they do. Call Of Duty: World At War sucked like hell in my opinion.

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
12-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Woo for Modern Warfare :D

MW had an amazing single player story and thats a big reason why im loving this for the new one because it was awesome both on and offline.

gt realist
12-05-2008, 01:01 AM
sorry but the game will not be named call of duty 6. it will be called Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. It's set to release fall 09. i can't wait.

gt realist
12-05-2008, 01:04 AM
I think it'll be called Call of Duty 5, as the next COD coming out is Call of Duty: World at War. If CoD: WaW was the fifth installment, then the game would have been called Call of Duty 5: World at War, but it isn't, it's just World at War

correct.
i heard that they will make call of duty 5 for PS2. but i don't know how true that is.

dangerbakili
12-05-2008, 03:54 AM
ooo boy o boy o boy... i can't wait till this comes out :), Infinity Ward PWNZ.

Hurricane x360a
12-06-2008, 12:20 AM
i cant wait for this game its going to be modern warfare again im must get this game

cheesyp00fs
12-06-2008, 09:28 AM
if its modern warfare then i might just be picking this up, i didnt bother with COD:WAW

Witness LeBron
12-09-2008, 01:42 AM
this game is gonna be sick!

A Perfect Thief
12-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Can't wait take your time Infinity Ward:woop::woop::woop::woop:

rhsdc.
12-11-2008, 01:37 AM
So wtf is cod6 future warfare or modern warfare 2 cuz if u search "call of duty" both come up....are they the same??

sTyLeZ
12-17-2008, 06:24 PM
i am really happy that infinity ward it yet again developing call of duty 6 i just can't wait and see how it comes out seeing as how cod 4 was a big success this game is going to blow ppl away hopefully. lol

Stewie Griffin2
12-19-2008, 09:08 PM
I'm happy to hear that they're going back to modern. I love WWII and I think that WaW was cool because you finally got to "finish the fight" so to speak, but they've got to broaden their horizons as far as what they're doing from here on out or they're going to become stale. Treyarch already had slated WaW when IW presented the modern warfare idea, so I don't blame them for going back to it, and it's a kick ass game to say the least.

Now, I find it hard to believe that anybody on here who has truly followed this series for any extended period of time is surprised that a) there is going to be another installment around October/November of next year and b) that it's going to be IW that's developing it. That's how the entire series has been, and fans of the series have been able to benefit from this due to the fact that the next installment is always in the works, whereas most companies that only have 1 development team has to wait around 2-3 years between installments (see Halo, GTA, Assassin's Creed projected to come out end of '09 or early '10).

omegamustard
12-22-2008, 11:22 AM
I wonder how Call of Duty 6 is gonna work. They have to implement new multiplayer ideas seeing treyarch copied their whole system for WAW. I will say they did add some improvements, like reviving downed players, co op online, zombies and more assist points, but the SMGs in the game are way over powered and you don't even have to aim with them. What a noobs wet dream.

FTW - Call of Duty Revolutionary War

3 kills would be a scouting party

5 kills would be Cannons

7 kills could be Dogs

ROBi816
12-25-2008, 12:01 AM

I second that! COD4 was great, COD: WaW is great, and Vietnam is the way to go. Unless they go colonial (American Revolution)...

Mike Blitz
12-25-2008, 07:57 AM
I second that! COD4 was great, COD: WaW is great, and Vietnam is the way to go. Unless they go colonial (American Revolution)...

I don't know who would want to play American revolution, lets not go back lets go forward.

LoneStarr
12-25-2008, 09:48 AM

I don't like gravy, so that means I hate Infinity Ward. I don't know how it works

chickenhead87
12-27-2008, 11:38 PM
so glad infinity ward making it hopefully the sequels keep the modern feel or maybe go a bit futuristic not like lasers but like guns with things that can look round the corner and place little cameras or something i dont no but not back to the past no matter what no1 likes shooting with old guns

The DarkFox
01-02-2009, 09:24 PM
I love playing as habibs.. they say the most randomest things. hahahah

UkBull3t
01-03-2009, 05:53 PM
cant wait maybe if they have call of duty 5 graphics and call of duty 4 gameplay then this is gona be some good shiz ;)

afunk117
01-14-2009, 08:18 AM
yay, infinity ward is the better developer over treyarch

Skepsis93
01-14-2009, 06:00 PM

Please no... Vietnam could be interesting, but I'd like to go back to Modern. Besides, isn't the official name Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2?

HuTcH
01-17-2009, 11:34 PM
Boo.. worst news I have read all day.
Treyarch > infinity award

yeah im pretty sure these are the most retarded comments so far...

After discussing Treyarch's Call of Duty: World at War, which he referred to as Call of Duty 5 http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/54745

infinity ward started out the series with a bang in cod2. in my opinion, the treyarch achievements and campaign are harder than cod4, btw infinity award or infinty ward that is the question

cant wait for cod:mw2 (or cod6 for this forum)

msparrow117
01-20-2009, 01:42 AM
This game will be like modern warfare, i loved that game

msparrow117
01-20-2009, 01:45 AM
call of duty 4 modern warfare 2?? no i dont think so sounds very dumb, it should be a new "series" of COD, COD Modern Warfare, the SWW sucks lol i recommend arby 'n' the chief on youtube, is very good

Kaffei
01-25-2009, 08:21 PM
Jesus, what ever happened to expansions? I'm getting tired of having to buy a new Call of Duty every year. I understand that for the consoles they have to make a new game, but why not just make it a computer expansion or something?

Is it just me or does any one miss CoD: United Offensive? The $20 expansion :p. I'd go out and buy this new Modern Warfare easy if it wasn't just going to be the same game with a twist. Bringing out a new game every year really hurts clans playing together and just burns holes through people's pockets.

I wasn't a fan of Modern Warfare, it just didn't feel like Call of Duty (opinion) to me so I was happy when WaW came out. I doubt I'll even touch Modern Warfare 2, too much like a graphically appealing Battlefield. Really WaW was a disappointment as well. When you play as the Japanese, you shouldn't be shooting with a Thompson.

And as long as I'm on my soap box I say bring Call of Duty back to WWII Europe. We haven't been in Europe since the original (at least on the PC versions). I bet if they'd cut out all the leveling crap and kept the graphics system it'd sell much better.

FallenHero 117
01-25-2009, 10:25 PM
Jesus, what ever happened to expansions? I'm getting tired of having to buy a new Call of Duty every year. I understand that for the consoles they have to make a new game, but why not just make it a computer expansion or something?

Is it just me or does any one miss CoD: United Offensive? The $20 expansion :p. I'd go out and buy this new Modern Warfare easy if it wasn't just going to be the same game with a twist. Bringing out a new game every year really hurts clans playing together and just burns holes through people's pockets.

I wasn't a fan of Modern Warfare, it just didn't feel like Call of Duty (opinion) to me so I was happy when WaW came out. I doubt I'll even touch Modern Warfare 2, too much like a graphically appealing Battlefield. Really WaW was a disappointment as well. When you play as the Japanese, you shouldn't be shooting with a Thompson.

And as long as I'm on my soap box I say bring Call of Duty back to WWII Europe. We haven't been in Europe since the original (at least on the PC versions). I bet if they'd cut out all the leveling crap and kept the graphics system it'd sell much better.

I disagree, WWII (especially the part of the war in europe) has been done to death and i bet alot of people agree. I mean there was CoD, CoD 2, CoD 3, Finest Hour AND Big Red One all about the war in europe. 5 games is too many imho, they made it even worse doing World at War. The only other WWII campaign that I can think of, that hasn't been covered, is Africa and the Middle East, but the games have already touched on them.

About the Japanese with Thompsons thing. I guess you could make the argument that they scavenged them off of dead GIs. Alas, game developers can never quite get a game realistic enough to my satisfaction. i.e How come you could be in a warzone but not know how to lean against a wall and take cover like your AI counterparts in the campaign?

It's time lay WWII to rest, and to advance and modernise. Thank god Infinity Ward were smarter than Treyarch and decided to make another Modern Warfare game.

I hope the SAS are still in it ^^

alex31991
01-25-2009, 10:47 PM
I cannot wait until this game...CoD4 was such an amazing game...this one hopefully will be just as good if not better

Kaffei
01-26-2009, 08:53 PM
I disagree, WWII (especially the part of the war in europe) has been done to death and i bet alot of people agree. I mean there was CoD, CoD 2, CoD 3, Finest Hour AND Big Red One all about the war in europe. 5 games is too many imho, they made it even worse doing World at War. The only other WWII campaign that I can think of, that hasn't been covered, is Africa and the Middle East, but the games have already touched on them.

About the Japanese with Thompsons thing. I guess you could make the argument that they scavenged them off of dead GIs. Alas, game developers can never quite get a game realistic enough to my satisfaction. i.e How come you could be in a warzone but not know how to lean against a wall and take cover like your AI counterparts in the campaign?

It's time lay WWII to rest, and to advance and modernise. Thank god Infinity Ward were smarter than Treyarch and decided to make another Modern Warfare game.

I hope the SAS are still in it ^^I do agree with you on how CoD has beaten WWII to death but I believe that was just greed. In my opinion I've only played two WWII games that really did it for me: Brothers in Arms and CoD. I'll agree with how you see it and I definitely won't protest the idea of expanding onto Modern Warfare, but eventually Modern Warfare fans will get screwed over (already by making a new game). Why not just add maps or add an expansion for PC players? I think Bungie really hit the nail on the head with how they ran the Halo series. People will be playing Halo 3 for years. Imagine if Bungie put out a new game every year (or two). That's sort of what the CoD series has gone too.

So I think the best thing to do for Modern Warfare is to slow down after the latest comes out. That's just my opinion though. And as far as the next WWII CoD to come out, I hope its in Europe and they actually add the British and Russian campaigns again. After that I hope they just lay the best WWII franchise to rest.

You'll see what I mean when Modern Warfare 2 comes out, but I might be surprised.
I just hope they bring back a Captain Price character ^^

xI DaR3DeViL Ix
01-26-2009, 09:56 PM
I do agree with you on how CoD has beaten WWII to death but I believe that was just greed. In my opinion I've only played two WWII games that really did it for me: Brothers in Arms and CoD. I'll agree with how you see it and I definitely won't protest the idea of expanding onto Modern Warfare, but eventually Modern Warfare fans will get screwed over (already by making a new game). Why not just add maps or add an expansion for PC players? I think Bungie really hit the nail on the head with how they ran the Halo series. People will be playing Halo 3 for years. Imagine if Bungie put out a new game every year (or two). That's sort of what the CoD series has gone too.

So I think the best thing to do for Modern Warfare is to slow down after the latest comes out. That's just my opinion though. And as far as the next WWII CoD to come out, I hope its in Europe and they actually add the British and Russian campaigns again. After that I hope they just lay the best WWII franchise to rest.

You'll see what I mean when Modern Warfare 2 comes out, but I might be surprised.
I just hope they bring back a Captain Price character ^^

The thing with expanding the COD series is that COD2 was amazing online and yeah they could have expanded the online with maps, game types and players per game mode on certain maps but COD2 story mode wasnt finished.

3 was just COD wanting more money and they wanted to fill the gap between the real COD games (IW) so a Treyarch 'bodge-job'.

4 was the 'real' COD3 game and so the real COD makers have only currently 2 titles out. So I agree with the expansions for 'COD3' (COD4 - MW) but 2 wasnt finished. In my opinion it seems weird that this game isnt WW2 but that is probably down to Treyarch being repetedly called in for these gap fillers and they keep making WW2 games which is probably why it isnt WW2.

Apparently Treyarch wont be making any more COD games so they probably will fill the gaps with expansions for CODMW2 (Which I still think is just the working title and will be changed before release.) It will still be a MW game for sure but a different title then MW as its been used before.
But I will probably be wrong and it really will be CODMW2 etc lol.

nightmare975
01-27-2009, 04:07 AM
This game will be like modern warfare, i loved that game
call of duty 4 modern warfare 2?? no i dont think so sounds very dumb, it should be a new "series" of COD, COD Modern Warfare, the SWW sucks lol i recommend arby 'n' the chief on youtube, is very good

What the heck? You're just flip-flopping all over the place.

Insane Sugar Rush
02-01-2009, 10:33 PM
Nightmare, I meant the actual horseman, not the soldier.

*sigh* no one understands me:(

jason86586
02-07-2009, 01:11 AM
hopefully can live up to CoD 4

MetalMike 420
02-08-2009, 09:54 AM
*EDIT* ahh i dont want to argue, i got gs to whore =[)

MRxNOVAK
02-08-2009, 11:52 PM
can't wait, CoD: WaW was garbage

Andy91145
02-09-2009, 08:43 PM
i think they should do zombie terrorists :P

Veggie Lad
09-27-2009, 01:16 AM
That is what there are there do to...take our money so they can use it. But I am okay with it because this game is sure to be the bomb

Veggie Lad
09-27-2009, 01:39 AM
Wow, I feel like an IDIOT! I didn't realize that this thread was so old. I don't know how I even got here. Man, do I feel like a shmuck!!!

Please feel free to express your disappointment. Wow...

Oliv3r P
09-27-2009, 01:42 AM
Wow, I feel like an IDIOT! I didn't realize that this thread was so old. I don't know how I even got here. Man, do I feel like a shmuck!!!

i am dissappointed

i was gonna mention lol but you beat me to it :p

KrazieKleo
09-27-2009, 06:13 AM

I just read the whole thread thinking it wasn't old and then I saw people referring to WaW and MW 2 and I checked the dates and then I was like FML :(

Seany Show
09-27-2009, 08:59 AM

Theres also a edit button on posts that can allow you to stop from double posting. Even better when editing the post you have the option to delete your post and save all of us from digging up such an old thread for a game that will be out in less than two months.

JASEL84
09-27-2009, 08:27 PM
Funny to read all this old news^^ COD 6^^ Future Warfare^^ blee MW2 is a 100% good shot^^