PDA

View Full Version : Starship

Rewmac
09-16-2008, 10:37 PM
Is this for real? I mean are freaking serious about this? Bringing it down? I'm stuck at this part...For the first two times it wasn't hard got it in the good direction, pulled it down a bit then fought off the tie fighter and then again, but it's third part it's screwed you can't get into position not before the freaking tie fighter catch you...it's the most fucked up thing among the lot about this game. I'm stuck at that part for like 30 minutes...

Slaign
09-16-2008, 11:31 PM
It's a bitch. What I did was stand behind one of the tall things, and you wont get hit by ties, stand as far back on the platform as you can and when the TIEs start flying by, run toward the point where they fly by and just spam the RT. If you get a grab on them for even a split second if messes up their flight and they crash. Just try to dispatch them ASAP, and get right to the Star Destroyer. As you're bringing it down, don't be afraid to take 2 or 3 laser strikes, just don't take enough to die or you have to start all over. Killing TIEs will refresh your health. Good luck.

outlawplayer2
09-17-2008, 01:00 AM
It's a bitch. What I did was stand behind one of the tall things, and you wont get hit by ties, stand as far back on the platform as you can and when the TIEs start flying by, run toward the point where they fly by and just spam the RT. If you get a grab on them for even a split second if messes up their flight and they crash. Just try to dispatch them ASAP, and get right to the Star Destroyer. As you're bringing it down, don't be afraid to take 2 or 3 laser strikes, just don't take enough to die or you have to start all over. Killing TIEs will refresh your health. Good luck.

Im stuck too how the hell do you bring that big ship down. the third time i cannot line up the ship what am i doing wrong danng!

Slaign
09-17-2008, 06:54 AM
Im stuck too how the hell do you bring that big ship down. the third time i cannot line up the ship what am i doing wrong danng!

You just have to do what the sticks tell you to do, and wait for Kota to tell you to pull it down and pull the sticks down. It takes forever, and I probably had to pull it down about 4 times before I finished. The longer you take on the TIEs, the more pulling you have to do, so work fast.

Sorry I can't be of more help, if there's a trick to making this go by quickly and easily, I don't know it. Just focus your efforts on grabbing the TIEs instead of throwing the lightning cores at them, because the throw mechanics seem really whacked in this sequence.

VileDonut
09-17-2008, 08:33 PM
Well I found that it made it really easy to kill the tie fighters with the lightning as opposed to trying to use the grip and toss. I mean if you can get the grip and toss to work quickly more power to you, but for me I can zap them all real fast with lightning. Hope it helps someone, I know it took me quite a few trys before I got it good.

mikeh88
09-17-2008, 09:09 PM
this is pissing me off big time! I'm stuck at the very last part of the ship for about 2 hrs now I just can't line it up! I keep getting to the point where I don't have to move my sticks but eventually I will have to again since the ship will just move back so I tried making slight changes with my stick once I got to that point again and no green light. Just cause of this part I'm not gonna be playing this game twice

StolenKyle/
09-17-2008, 11:08 PM
I'm ready to scream. I'm at the last part and then it says overload the towers to get to the shipyard or something, All there is. is a big ass ship and Tai Fighters shooting at me. I have know idea where to go or do.... PLEASE HELP1!! :(

Sasquash Pie
09-18-2008, 01:32 AM
I think this is the worst segment of any American game I've ever played...

Did nobody test this section?

Rewmac
09-18-2008, 01:37 AM
I doubt that they did. However I glad I'm not the only one that had a problem with that part.

StolenKyle/
09-18-2008, 01:38 AM
I'm still stuck on the last ship thing -_- In my pissed off thread. Can someone try to figure out this for me.

squid5580
09-18-2008, 02:47 AM
I think this is the worst segment of any American game I've ever played...

Did nobody test this section?

They couldn't even be bothered to finish the effin game. What makes you think they'd test it? I'll be returning it tomorrow. Default text??? What kind of joke is that????

Rewmac
09-18-2008, 03:03 AM
They couldn't even be bothered to finish the effin game. What makes you think they'd test it? I'll be returning it tomorrow. Default text??? What kind of joke is that???? Welcome to next-gen gaming...:drunk

squid5580
09-18-2008, 03:10 AM
Welcome to next-gen gaming...:drunk

Sad but true. :mad:

One day we will all stop buying into this kinda garbage and force them to give us what we pay for.

muffinmastergw2
09-18-2008, 06:03 AM
They couldn't even be bothered to finish the effin game. What makes you think they'd test it? I'll be returning it tomorrow. Default text??? What kind of joke is that????

i saw that too. the level doesnt even keep stats. i spent about half an hour figuring out that part with the star destroyer. first few times i just stood there and got shot to death, then i somehow got teleported behind the railing (close to the camera) and couldnt get shot or hit the ties, so i jumped and fell off of the map and died. i got the friggin star destroyer real close on my last try and as soon as it was gonna fall down my 360 decided to freeze on me. how annoying

Fromknecht
09-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Okay...here's the deal...the on-screen instructions on the third part are WRONG. After you start taking control the sticks should be telling you to go up and left. The problem is that it tells you to stop going up way too soon. You should keep it going until the ship is about level on the screen. Even though the game will be telling you to keep pointing it down, it will hit the green sweet spot.

I saw it in this vid YouTube - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed - Star Destroyer so you can get some reference on the ship.

I'm also making this post in the other starship thread.

TheCanWithin
09-18-2008, 08:20 AM
I was stuck at this part for over an HOUR. Everytime the ship was lined up correctly, and TIEs were already shooting me... I bet the only reason why this game got a low rating was JUST because of this ONE part.

seto
09-18-2008, 09:21 AM
You just need paitence, it's a freakin starship for crying out loud lol.

Caleel
09-18-2008, 09:57 AM

I agree it only took me about 15 minutes and thats that I failed three times due to dying its pretty easy once you kill the tie fighters I just moved all the way left behind a pillar wait for the blue explosives to show up on screen force grip wait till a tie fighter got close and bam straight to the face. After a few hit and misses I got it down to an art form I could take them all out within 20 seconds or less. Its just takes patience.

IF your struggling on a section or a part do this simple thing. Just relax move from the tv(walk around, get some water, go use the bathroom, eat, watch tv, etc) just do something to get your mind off it for a few minutes then come back and try again. You be suprised how much better things go when your not frustrated.

notdryad
09-18-2008, 11:02 PM

Patience? Are you retarded? Look at the post above you. The game tells you to STOP HOLDING UP TOO EARLY.

punisher
09-19-2008, 12:43 AM
It took me 30 min to bring down the ship playing on Sith Lord difficulty. Basically you have to orient the ship in such a way that it's nose is looking dirrectly at you once you do you can pull it down.

Still I found it pretty frustrating.

greycobalt
09-19-2008, 02:01 AM
Hmm...I can't believe people had this much difficulty with it. I died once because I couldn't figure out what the sticks meant exactly, but the second time I figured it out, and finished the thing in under 5 minutes. If you follow the stick directions exactly, and let go before the TIEs kill you, take care of them quickly, and go right back to the ship, it only takes 3 waves of TIEs.