PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished 360..

Strongbad107
09-17-2008, 01:44 AM
So today i traded my old bass guitar and amp for a 360 (with hard drive), several games, and 3 controllers, thanks to my friend. Anyway, it is a refurbished 360 from Gamestop and it just so happens to have the RRoD. Will they still accept it even though its refurbished, I mean I'd assume so. But i don't really feel like wasting my time calling support just to be told no. So what do you guys think, would they take it?

Tubson57
09-17-2008, 01:48 AM
They will take it if it is under warranty. Your better off turning it back in to gamestop for another refurbished system as long as it hasn't been 30 days since you bought the system. I just bought a refurbished system from them, and I keep getting the cannot read disc error, so I am going to turn it back in for another working one.

Strongbad107
09-17-2008, 01:57 AM
Its been like 1.5 years since he bought it, so sadly enough i can't return it :p.

DigitalFury
09-17-2008, 02:31 AM
Look on the back of the system just above where you plug in the ethernet cord, there is a sticker with a bar code on it. There is also three numbers on there: MFG Number, Serial Code and Product I.D.

Write the product code down, go to Xbox.com and sign in with your Live ID. Drag your mouse over the Support button and go down and click on Check Repair Status. Once on that screen click Register A New Device. Type in the product ID number and it will register with Xbox.com, from there, go back to the screen where you clicked Check Repair Status. There will be a section that says Manage Registered Devices. Click on the link and on the right side of that page there will be a link that says View Your Warranty Details. That will give you all the details.

Strongbad107
09-17-2008, 02:43 AM
It says something about an error has occurred. I'm guessing that means that he already registered it. Oh well, I guess tomorrow after school I'll call support.

vI Starlight Iv
09-17-2008, 07:36 AM
Okay is a refurbished ststem just a pre owned one?

Strongbad107
09-17-2008, 10:42 AM
Yeah, it's like a used 360 that's been cleaned.

Apple
09-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Okay is a refurbished ststem just a pre owned one?
Yeah, it's like a used 360 that's been cleaned.

Refurbished means it's been sent back to the manufacturer and has been resold at a discounted price, but has been serviced to be functional again.

It says something about an error has occurred. I'm guessing that means that he already registered it. Oh well, I guess tomorrow after school I'll call support.

I'm pretty sure all your info has to be exactly right before it will accept your entry. Email address, name, address, etc...

vI Starlight Iv
09-17-2008, 11:22 AM
So it may ahve rrod in the past, microsoft fix it up and sell it on.

InkedUp
09-17-2008, 02:41 PM
If you can't check the warranty status online, your gonna have to bite the bullet and call support. Also, check to make sure that the warrant seal is in place, I have heard that GameStop likes to open it's 360's sometimes and it voids the warranty no matter what.

Strongbad107
09-17-2008, 06:56 PM
I'm getting ready to call support right now, wish me luck! Oh and the sticker is still there btw.

Missis Beki
09-17-2008, 07:06 PM
I bought a second hand one and had problems called MS they said being a second owner voids the warranty thats left which was about 8 months, they said a repair would cost 60 so $120 but would then come with a one years warranty.
Good luck

InkedUp
09-17-2008, 07:47 PM
Man that sucks about the second hand console losing the warranty. Well hopefully they can work something out or else pay the $100

Strongbad107
09-17-2008, 08:32 PM
Alright well all i have to do is send it in and they're going to fix it for free :). I even told him that i got it from my friend because it had been previously registered :p.

undyingone
09-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Alright well all i have to do is send it in and they're going to fix it for free :). I even told him that i got it from my friend because it had been previously registered :p.

that sucks but its good that they are going to fix it for free
i recently had to send mine in and the warrenty only got extended to november being as it died right before the warrenty ended