PDA

View Full Version : A forum suggestion.

Ingles
09-17-2008, 04:22 AM
It occurred to me today as I was switching between playing games and visiting my usual several different threads, that there must be an easier way to do all of that.

You see... generally, I'll load up Google Chrome or Firefox and have a million tabs opened with all my "most often visited" threads or topics that I like to view most. Every time I load up my computer, I have to go back through and reload every one of those up. It can get to where it becomes a bit tedious and even time consuming at times. I can't help it... there's just so much about x360a I love that I view all threads as much as possible! :p

SO.... I was wondering... Would there be a way for a member to select a thread as a favorite thread, or add that thread to a favorites list that could be easily accessed in the Quick Links down tab. And I'm not talking about subscribing to threads either... And it would display all the threads you most commonly visit and post in. This would enable you to view all your favorite threads and ones you post in more frequently to be able to more quickly access the parts of the forums you spend most time in anyways.

If this is too much a hassle or not a possibility, then no problems. I figured that I'd throw the suggestion out there to see what others thought.

MoonSka
09-17-2008, 07:08 AM
But doesn't subscribing to a thread kinda accomplish the same thing?

I'm reading several threads that are related to certain games that I'm currently playing, so I find it beneficial to visit them often to see if new information has been posted or if new methods for earning achievements have been discovered. I haven't posted in many of these threads, but I can still subscribe to them and then easily check on them to see if a new comment has been posted.

For those threads where I have left a comment, the auto-subscribe feature ensures that I'll stay up to date on those threads as well (as I'm sure you're aware of since you mentioned it in your post).

Since I can simply view my subscribed threads in my User CP, I find it pretty easy to view my favorite threads. Without implying any sort of attitude on my part, how would what you're suggesting be different?

Ashz0r
09-17-2008, 11:44 AM
There is a phpbb feature like that but I don't think there is a Vbulletin version.. but like moonska said subscribing works in pretty much the same way.

Ingles
09-18-2008, 04:23 AM
But doesn't subscribing to a thread kinda accomplish the same thing?

I'm reading several threads that are related to certain games that I'm currently playing, so I find it beneficial to visit them often to see if new information has been posted or if new methods for earning achievements have been discovered. I haven't posted in many of these threads, but I can still subscribe to them and then easily check on them to see if a new comment has been posted.

For those threads where I have left a comment, the auto-subscribe feature ensures that I'll stay up to date on those threads as well (as I'm sure you're aware of since you mentioned it in your post).

Since I can simply view my subscribed threads in my User CP, I find it pretty easy to view my favorite threads. Without implying any sort of attitude on my part, how would what you're suggesting be different?

I guess maybe what I was shooting for is... How would I go about subscribing to the thread without all the nonsense emails every time someone posts in that thread. I was pretty sure that there was a way to do that when you subscribe initially I thought.

Edit: Nevermind. For some reason it was not giving me the option earlier to subscribe without receiving emails. It works now. It wasn't earlier when I was at work when I often check the threads sometimes. Very odd... Then again, maybe it is just IE8 beta that I've been messing with this week at work.

The Pants Party
09-21-2008, 04:40 AM
You could always just bookmark it in your browser.