PDA

View Full Version : forum suggestion

onimod13
09-17-2008, 02:45 PM
I know all of what im about to say is pretty small in the request factors however i will ask none the less.

Would it be possible to get a full screen theme maybe even with the possibilty of having a different coloured option available for members to choose.

What about even a shoutbox where people can connect and have some banter maybe even get to know people a little better, even if a shoutbox is not possible how about even an IRC channel that would be pretty cool.

Im sure you have probably had this request before or even thought about them yourself and have a good reason not too.

I dont need an explanation on why not just thought i would ask.

Andrew x360a
09-17-2008, 03:13 PM
I know that the possibility of a shoutbox has been raised before and shot down repeatedly. The issue is that the site basically doesn't have the manpower to moderate it, so it could potentially get out of hand.

JC
09-17-2008, 06:04 PM
You can change the forum theme colours in the User CP. :)

Also, I think shout boxes are not around here because the kill forums by sucking up all the chats and topics. :(

onimod13
09-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Appreciate the help on getting another theme on using one of the wide ones now a lot better, if i had used my brains a little i may have figured that one out however im so used to having the options in front of me as an admin rather than as a user.

Takes a lot of getting used to.

I hear your point aboput the shoutbox but on a site as large as this i dont see it being an issue with regards all the topics being used up.

This site is very diverse in the respect that it covers a wide range of age groups as well as many nationalities and other aspects of human life that we all differ in.

Anyway atleast there is communication between people and usually always someone around in the know of things.

CHEERS

Kolin32k
09-18-2008, 12:35 AM
I like the sound of an IRC Channel or some sort of chatroom to be honest, Would be good to get to know the community in a more.. 'real time' nature as it were.

Andrew x360a
09-18-2008, 01:04 AM
Here's some a pair of threads where this topic has come up before. You can read for yourself what the admins have said about this.

Link 1 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=80232&highlight=chatbox)
Link 2 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59195&highlight=chatbox)

Soldier 4 I AM
09-18-2008, 04:07 AM
Could you make a list of all the Xbox 360 games that are easy to complete for a full 1000 GS and put the list in numerical order? 1 would be the easiest and the end on the list would be the hardest. This list would make it a one stop shop for all the people trying to boost their game scores. The easiest game to get a full 1K would be Avatar: Burning Earth then TMNT and MLB 2K6 and so on. For an example:

1. Avatar: Burning Earth
2. TMNT
3. MLB 2K6

If you have any questions or this suggestion is confusing send me a PM or contact me over Xbox Live.

X360A- Soldier 4 I AM
GT Soldier 4 I AM

Andrew x360a
09-18-2008, 04:52 AM
Could you make a list of all the Xbox 360 games that are easy to complete for a full 1000 GS and put the list in numerical order? 1 would be the easiest and the end on the list would be the hardest. This list would make it a one stop shop for all the people trying to boost their game scores. The easiest game to get a full 1K would be Avatar: Burning Earth then TMNT and MLB 2K6 and so on.

Perpetual Heaven has created exactly that sort of thread --> HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59569) <--. It should be exactly what you just suggested, minus the overt ranking system. They're divided up into roughly the number of hours each one takes.

Soldier 4 I AM
09-18-2008, 05:18 AM
Perpetual Heaven has created exactly that sort of thread --> HERE (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=59569) <--. It should be exactly what you just suggested, minus the overt ranking system. They're divided up into roughly the number of hours each one takes.

WOW that is great. Thank you for the quick link. This will do just fine.

Now is there a way that it could be found a lot faster? Or am I just being a noob?

Andrew x360a
09-18-2008, 03:19 PM
WOW that is great. Thank you for the quick link. This will do just fine.

Now is there a way that it could be found a lot faster? Or am I just being a noob?

Depending on what search terms you try, you might not find it. I tried "game ranking" and "achievement ranking" and the thread didn't show up on the first page of results. Maybe we just need to add a tag to it, so it shows up a little more readily. Otherwise, you'd just have to browse that part of the forum. Its stickied, so you'd see it right at the top.

InkedUp
09-18-2008, 03:38 PM
Thanks for the link, been looking for something like this myself