PDA

View Full Version : this game

Lewi
09-18-2008, 09:33 AM
looks crap and boring.

gameplay seems boring with running around trying to be tactical and the action seems to be too sparse for my liking

anyone agree?

exo-apollo
09-18-2008, 01:54 PM
I think those very elements you described are what will make this game greater than most other shooters. The sparseness of the combat reflects the terrain. But what tactical stuff? Most of the clips I've seen have been of the main character blowing up lots of buildings with a huge rocket launcher. Or are you referring to tactical as in that you can sneak into a enemy camp, lay C4 on their vehicles, set fire to the grass in the surrounding hillsides, watch as it catches onto the village huts and sends them running for their jeeps, which you detonate as they attempt to make their speedy escape? Cause that just sounds damn cool to me.

So I guess I disagree. But hey we will see, maybe all these ambitious elements wont come together properly and the game will be a jumbled mess. We'll have to wait and see.

xENVxGAMERSKREW
09-18-2008, 09:06 PM
I didnt like the first one that much, especially the health they shouldv done a regen helth type instead of picking it up, hopefully its co-op as that tends to be more fun in these type of games ala mercs 2

Lewi
09-19-2008, 01:11 AM
yeah im talking about all that sneakyness

and flying around in a hang glider would be fun for a little while but would get tedious and boring over extended periods of time

i just know that im definitely not getting this game coz theres way too many other good games thathave snagged my attention alot more (guitar hero, gears, halo wars but funnily enough not fable :confused:)

SevDelta
09-19-2008, 02:31 AM
yeah im talking about all that sneakyness

and flying around in a hang glider would be fun for a little while but would get tedious and boring over extended periods of time

i just know that im definitely not getting this game coz theres way too many other good games thathave snagged my attention alot more (guitar hero, gears, halo wars but funnily enough not fable :confused:)

Yeah and Gears 2 is gonna get boring just riding a Brumack around.

You put it as if that's the only thing you do in the game. There's more freedom in this game than some sandbox games and yet it's a beautiful FPS. You don't have to be tactical which is the great thing. You can run in there guns a'blazing if you want.

Lewi
09-19-2008, 03:49 AM
yeah i know that theres more to the gameplay and that theres different ways to approach i just dont think it will compare to other great games coming out these holidays

SynysterMonkey
09-19-2008, 03:54 AM
looks crap and boring.

gameplay seems boring with running around trying to be tactical and the action seems to be too sparse for my liking

anyone agree?

I think where this game is going to shine is with the map editor. That is one of the most in-depth console map editors ever. Not to mention it's pretty easy.

agentplatypus
09-19-2008, 03:56 AM
I think you should die for what you just said. (I'm exaggerating a little bit)

Far Cry 2 > Food and Water

Lewi
09-19-2008, 06:07 AM
I think you should die for what you just said. (I'm exaggerating a little bit)

Far Cry 2 > Food and Water
:phahaha its jus my opinion

exo-apollo
09-19-2008, 01:06 PM
(guitar hero, gears, halo wars but funnily enough not fable :confused:)

See thats the thing, we clearly have different likes in games. My most anticipated games are Far Cry 2 and Fable 2. So I like open world, do what you want games and you like stylised, tell you what to do games. But Gears 2 looks awesome, we can both agree on that right????

Lewi
09-19-2008, 11:01 PM
definitely
pumped for gears

DCS 23
09-19-2008, 11:50 PM
it looking one the best graphical games on the 360 as of gameplay it looks alright but as said above that the map creator will be amazin..to say it looks boring is silly really IMO halo 3 is the most boring game ive eva played..

IIMF DoomII
09-20-2008, 04:57 AM
This game looks great, the map editor looks fucking awesome and user friendly!

Ach. freak360
10-01-2008, 05:25 PM
If this game shipped without any single player at all, I would still buy it for $60 bucks.

xRogue 5x
10-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Then why aren't you over on the Gears board jerking the other gears fans off. Instead you are over in this one telling us all (poorly-by that I mean with a lack of detail and articulation) that this game is "Shit".

You are certainly entitled to your opinion but if you are going to slam this game then express why in more than the way you have.

Lewi
10-02-2008, 03:29 AM
did you see my other posts in this thread?

Axe Argonian
10-02-2008, 09:52 PM
We don't need threads like this. If you think it's crap, you need to give a better reason. Personally, this is probably going to be the best FPS of this holiday season (Gears of War 2 is NOT an FPS). It has a dark, mature storyline, a system of approaching anything in the way that you want, beautiful graphics, a multiplayer similar to Call of Duty 4, an intricate map editor, and a seamless world that I will enjoy exploring.

This game will be a nice addition to the big holiday bunch.

Fallout 3, Fable 2, Gears of War 2, Mirror's Edge, and Left 4 Dead are all unique in their own ways. Far Cry 2 has its own unique sense.

RaidenX49
10-08-2008, 10:12 PM
It's all opinion to be honest. Everyone has different opinions on games, it's just like music. In my opinion this game is going to be pretty amazing, I love the stealthy tactical games where your able to be creative and in this game you can do all that. Even if your not that kind of stealthy person they don't limit you to that either, you can just run in shooting it's all how you play the game. I love the african theme too, reminds me of the movie Blood Diamond. Plus it's got the sort of survival aspect to it, seeing as your in the middle of africa. I hope that your health doesn't regenerate, you should have to fix your wounds first. Just thinking about the things you could do is awesome. Like needing medic supplies or food and the only nearby place is a heavily guarded camp, so you wait till night time when people are sleeping, sneak in steal the stuff you need and then light the whole place on fire as you escape.

Tai_MT
10-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Ah, Farcry II...

Where to begin?

Well, first of all, it's like someone took every original idea they had from the first Farcry, cut them out, and then decided to make the game a GTA or Mercenaries clone with animals in the countryside.

Feral Abilities? Gone.
Jack Carver? Gone.
References to ANY of the games with the same title? Non-existant.

I don't know who they polled about eliminating Jack Carver, but they were idiots. The people said they didn't like Jack Carver? Well, I suppose you have the WRITERS AND DEVELOPERS to blame for that. Jack Carver is supposed to be an Anti-Hero. That is, you like him and he's a hero, despite being a complete jerk and prick most of the time. You know, like Anniken Skywalker without the awful emo trips.

Eliminating the Feral Abilities? Who decided THAT? Honestly, the Feral Abilities made the games BARABLE! Who wanted to use guns when you could leap 100 feet in the air and come down slashing? Stalking prey through dense forest was fun too! And regenerating health because of your abilties was nice!

I'm sorry, I'm not buying this horrendous piece of crap.

They changed the ENTIRE game and then slapped the word "farcry" on it to rope in the idiot fans of the first game. Real original idea, game companies have been doing it for years... I just wonder WHY it keeps working...

SevDelta
10-10-2008, 07:09 PM
Ah, Farcry II...

Where to begin?

Well, first of all, it's like someone took every original idea they had from the first Farcry, cut them out, and then decided to make the game a GTA or Mercenaries clone with animals in the countryside.

Feral Abilities? Gone.
Jack Carver? Gone.
References to ANY of the games with the same title? Non-existant.

I don't know who they polled about eliminating Jack Carver, but they were idiots. The people said they didn't like Jack Carver? Well, I suppose you have the WRITERS AND DEVELOPERS to blame for that. Jack Carver is supposed to be an Anti-Hero. That is, you like him and he's a hero, despite being a complete jerk and prick most of the time. You know, like Anniken Skywalker without the awful emo trips.

Eliminating the Feral Abilities? Who decided THAT? Honestly, the Feral Abilities made the games BARABLE! Who wanted to use guns when you could leap 100 feet in the air and come down slashing? Stalking prey through dense forest was fun too! And regenerating health because of your abilties was nice!

I'm sorry, I'm not buying this horrendous piece of crap.

They changed the ENTIRE game and then slapped the word "farcry" on it to rope in the idiot fans of the first game. Real original idea, game companies have been doing it for years... I just wonder WHY it keeps working...

How did you find out that it won't connect with the other game?

And the feral abilities are gone and that's a good thing. Not everybody needs feral abilities in the game.

This looks like an awesome shooter and getting it because you have to use tactics and have good aim versus slashing someone with your kitty claws is not a good reason to pass on it.

Balpro
10-14-2008, 02:11 PM
As far as I remember Jack Carver did not have those feral abilities in the pc original. And this is supposed to be the sequel to that.

Carver received the "monster"-abilities in the (in my opinion) horrible console versions.

master_shake_350
10-14-2008, 04:19 PM
I hope he has that pro shirt again or I will consider not buying it!

Fearless War
10-15-2008, 12:16 AM
My boss received a copy of this game early and he is letting me play the game is fun they did an amazing job on the fire in the game it spreads realistically which was very surprising so far I would give it a 7/10

J Lew332
10-15-2008, 01:21 PM
I was going to get this game but with so many games coming out (guitar hero, COD WAW, Gears 2, etc...) I dont think I would play it that much and I dont think it would get my moneys worth.

Motenai
10-17-2008, 01:14 PM
My boss received a copy of this game early and he is letting me play the game is fun they did an amazing job on the fire in the game it spreads realistically which was very surprising so far I would give it a 7/10

I'm on the review of Far Cry 2 to air next week on the website I work for. Everytime I see 7/10 comes to my thinking that most of the people understand that score as a bad one. Hope this is different here...

DemonI81
10-17-2008, 05:03 PM
looks crap and boring.

anyone agree?
No. I disagree. And why did you come to this forum just to talk crap about the game?

DemonI81
10-17-2008, 05:05 PM
I was going to get this game but with so many games coming out (guitar hero, COD WAW, Gears 2, etc...) I dont think I would play it that much and I dont think it would get my moneys worth.
I was thinking that, but now I think I'm gonna cancel WaW. Treyarch didn't add in-game host migration and are claiming it's because the engine can't handle it. Total BS. I've been kicked out of so many games in the Beta already when the host starts playing badly and quits.

HAK Devil
10-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Actually TC, this game looks amazing and I cannot wait to start playing it (gotta wait for midterms to end first lest I fail :S)

M85A21
10-22-2008, 02:32 PM
Farcry was one of my fav games on the 360 so I can't wait fo the 2nd!!
Gonna be absolutely awesome.. Such big environments that it makes it feel free roam even though it's linear to an extent, you know a game is good when it can pull that off xd ^^

Atarii
10-23-2008, 12:25 AM
The game is ok, although I can't judge it too harshly as I've played very little of it - same can be said of the multiplayer, I don't enjoy it (at least the maps I have seen) but I'll give it a little more time before I call the game bad.