PDA

View Full Version : Patch

Misshyatt
09-18-2008, 11:18 PM
Latest patch completely overides the glitch . i made 30k gold on my mates account with the glitch then patched and it took him back to what he had initialy + debt. also unless you patch you wont gain skill points.:( and im guessing you cant just leave it unpatched and take the easy cash to Fable 2, they will have some fail safe to stop it unless its patched.

King 0f Kings
09-18-2008, 11:33 PM
does it reset your money you earned?

Misshyatt
09-18-2008, 11:36 PM
does it reset your money you earned?

All money earned before the patch was released is fine, only cash you gain from and unpatched game is reset.

King 0f Kings
09-18-2008, 11:40 PM
All money earned before the patch was released is fine, only cash you gain from and unpatched game is reset.

What do you mean cash gained from an unpatached game is reset? That doesn't make sense

Misshyatt
09-18-2008, 11:43 PM
What do you mean cash gained from an unpatached game is reset? That doesn't make sense

I meant gold and i mean if you havent patched the game and you glitch 20k gold, then patch the game you will lose the 20k.

King 0f Kings
09-18-2008, 11:47 PM
So say if I gitched 50k gold last week, if I download the patch I lose all my gold? Thats stupid if thats the case so I just won't download the patch and I'll wait untill fable 2 comes out, get my gold then patch it

Misshyatt
09-18-2008, 11:51 PM
So say if I gitched 50k gold last week, if I download the patch I lose all my gold? Thats stupid if thats the case so I just won't download the patch and I'll wait untill fable 2 comes out, get my gold then patch it

Last weeks gold is fine they cant tell if its glitched or not but anything from last night to now isnt and will be removed the second you patch. P.S you will have to patch before you use fable 2 i think.

Fruhmann360
09-18-2008, 11:51 PM
i'm either drunk or this thread is very confusing.

King 0f Kings
09-18-2008, 11:52 PM
Oh well I guess 700k is enough to start of with. I might not even use it in the beginning anyways.

Hey what if you don't download the patch and set your xbox time back a week? I'm goingt to try that and see if it works

Misshyatt
09-18-2008, 11:53 PM
i'm either drunk or this thread is very confusing.

Maybe Both:)

Fruhmann360
09-18-2008, 11:54 PM
ok. let me work this out.

1. gold made before the patch is fine. it does NOT delete.
2. gold made AFTER the patch is fine. but the glitch is gone.
3. any gold made AFTER the patch on an UNPATCHED game does not save/count

yes or no?

kantizuni
09-18-2008, 11:56 PM
YOU CANNOT TRANSFER YOUR CHARACTERS GOLD INTO FABLE 2 WITHOUT PATCHING.

If what they are saying is true (I haven't gone home to check yet), when you download the patch, you will LOSE all the gold you gained from glitching. Again, I cannot yet confirm if that is true or not.

If this IS true:

You will NOT be able to "not patch and transfer my gold to fable 2 and then patch."
You must be connected to LIVE into order to transfer gold into Fable 2. When you sign in to LIVE, it will ask you to patch (just like EVERY other game). If you do not download the patch, you will be signed out of LIVE (just like EVERY other game).

My guess is, if you used the glitch, you probably only lose the gold you earned from playing that game. That would be my guess, but I guess we'll all find out when we log in.

fruhmann: Your third point is irrelevant. If you don't patch, nothing changes until you do patch. After which, your gold is deleted (apparently).

TL;DR: If patching really does make you lose all your glitched gold, then you are screwed and there is no way to transfer it to Fable 2.

King 0f Kings
09-18-2008, 11:56 PM

yes or no?

yes and right now I testing to see if you can set your xbox time back and play without the patch then download it and see if I keep the gold I just earned. I'll post back within 30 min

Misshyatt
09-18-2008, 11:57 PM

yes or no?

Yes Spot on:)

SpeedKills3255
09-19-2008, 12:07 AM
i thought they said the glitch was intentional.

King 0f Kings
09-19-2008, 12:11 AM
Okay I found a way around it. Heres what you do.

1.) DON'T DOWNLOAD PATCH
2.) Sign out of Xbox Live
3.) Set your system time to 9/1/07
4.) Earn all the gold you want then leave the game.
5.) Sign into Xbox Live
6.) Downlaod patch and your money you just earned should still be there.

Can anyone else try this and confirm it?

Fruhmann360
09-19-2008, 12:16 AM

if that is true than MS should be all over them for making a game that people could cheat achievement points out of.

kantizuni
09-19-2008, 12:22 AM
My belief is this:

This entire thread is a HOAX.

I just got home, signed in to LIVE, downloaded the patch and all my gold is still there. I glitched the hell out of that game. The glitch no longer works, but I still have over 100,000 gold, no debt, and all the tournament items.

The Cripplers
09-19-2008, 02:30 AM

Hah, I knew they were lying about that.

admiringworm
09-19-2008, 05:20 AM
lets see if i got this correctly, any cash made before the patch was released will still be there, but if you don't download the patch now and play offline and then sign in, the cash earned when playing offline after the patch was released would be gone?
is that correct?

kantizuni
09-19-2008, 05:29 AM
Can someone who has actually been around here for awhile confirm that the patch erases all your gold?

I'm still sitting here with a pile of gold, none of it has been erased. I still think the OP is full of crap.

Fruhmann360
09-19-2008, 05:55 AM
larger...for HER pleasure

NO TL: DR!!!!

yes or no?

OP confirmed

AOS Puck
09-19-2008, 06:17 AM
Can someone who has actually been around here for awhile confirm that the patch erases all your gold?

I'm still sitting here with a pile of gold, none of it has been erased. I still think the OP is full of crap.

You are quite confused, read through the posts very carefully. Basically, after the patch was released (last night) any gold earned from that point on will be erased if you aren't playing with a patched copy.

For example: If you had 100k before the patch was released and then earned another 30k (on an unpatched game) after the patch was released, that 30k will disappear once you patch the game.

plumbpist
09-20-2008, 02:37 PM
If you had 100k before the patch was released and then earned another 30k (on an unpatched game) after the patch was released, that 30k will disappear once you patch the game.

This is the best explanation. The first few posts were confusing as hell!

Dx2008Dx
09-20-2008, 03:58 PM
I used the glitch too and i have 3.5 million gold and i still have it. My friend did the glitch and he has 5.5 billion dollars and he still has it. So people need to get their stuff straight before post and saying it delet all your money because it doesnt.

shatulance
09-20-2008, 07:23 PM
i didnt think arcade games could be played offline??? if im right doesnt that mean you cant play an unpatched version of the game anyway?

The Cripplers
09-20-2008, 11:57 PM
i didnt think arcade games could be played offline??? if im right doesnt that mean you cant play an unpatched version of the game anyway?

They can be played offline if it's the original console that it was bought from. It was when people started getting new consoles that it ended up being a problem. I heard they have fixed this problem, but I haven't done so myself.

sweenish182
09-21-2008, 05:59 AM
this thread honestly wasn't very confusing.

the OP explained it loud and clear. it was just the few people who weren't processing the information right.

Chaosflare
09-21-2008, 08:01 AM
All the gold gained from glitching remains in tact. Only problem is, is you decide to erase the patch and wish to continue glitching, the money gained during THAT segment will not be recorded after the patch is established; so if you're gonna glitch some more, stay offline until you wish to patch initially.

KISMO
09-23-2008, 01:02 PM
i have only been glitching since the patch came out i made a mill last night patched today and hey presto i still have a mill...it does not work out when you made the money.They messed up and are just trying to stp people glitching as ms are prob peed off with them....

Wes Ide
10-27-2008, 11:30 PM
Okay I found a way around it. Heres what you do.

1.) DON'T DOWNLOAD PATCH
2.) Sign out of Xbox Live
3.) Set your system time to 9/1/07
4.) Earn all the gold you want then leave the game.
5.) Sign into Xbox Live
6.) Downlaod patch and your money you just earned should still be there.

Can anyone else try this and confirm it?

I just tried this, and it seemed to have worked for me. Now it's a matter of figuring out how to get the gold that Poe (my Pub Games character) has to my Fable II character.

admiringworm
10-27-2008, 11:43 PM
I just tried this, and it seemed to have worked for me. Now it's a matter of figuring out how to get the gold that Poe (my Pub Games character) has to my Fable II character.
to get the gold to your fable 2 character, while in fable 2 just go to a game master(they are found at the pubs) and merge your pub game character with your fable 2 character. the pub game character will then be gone and all your gold and items will be with your fable 2 character