PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything wrong with my Xbox 360?

Inyaface13
09-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Well...For the past two weeks my 360 has been making a kinda loud buzzing/humming sound. It sounds like a weed eater...but not that loud lol and it stops when I got back to the dashboard.
Is there anything wrong with it?

JC
09-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Probably something wrong with your disc drive if the noise ceases at the dashboard. I would ring up MS as it may be damaging your discs and in that case, need repairing.

InkedUp
09-19-2008, 06:05 PM
Yeah since the disc stops spinning when you go to the dash, along with the noise, I would have to say it's your disc drive. Call support

Gyouseki_Puro
09-19-2008, 06:07 PM
Probably something wrong with your disc drive if the noise ceases at the dashboard. I would ring up MS as it may be damaging your discs and in that case, need repairing.

^ what he said

Inyaface13
09-19-2008, 06:49 PM
Yeah since the disc stops spinning when you go to the dash, along with the noise, I would have to say it's your disc drive. Call support

What could/would they do? I mean would it cost me anything?

RFT 123
09-19-2008, 07:04 PM
It depends. Is your 360 in warrenty? As if it isn't, then you will have to pay.

Genesis x360a
09-19-2008, 07:28 PM
I Personally would ring up costumer support and see what they can do for you and if your 360 is under warranty then you will get any repairs for free, if not then my disc drive failed a few months ago and it cost me 40 to get it reapired.

Inyaface13
09-19-2008, 08:28 PM
I am going to check tonight to see if its still under. Hope so..If not im just goin to turn the tv up louder lol

DanTheManGum
09-19-2008, 10:14 PM
Hope your still under warranty.

Inyaface13
09-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah I hope so, Thanks for the help.

pavementpoop
09-19-2008, 10:48 PM
mine gets louder when playing games, and very quite when on dashboard, but theres nothing wrong because its just the fan increasing speed to ensure the system is keep cool, and the disc drive loading. just have to deal with it, some arnt as bad as others

what u can try is playing a dvd, when i play a dvd its fine and quite, try it and if its still loud then get it sorted, but if its just the fan..... not alot u can do.

also try moving it onto a diff surface, sometimes decreases the noise on mine :D

Inyaface13
09-19-2008, 11:25 PM
mine gets louder when playing games, and very quite when on dashboard, but theres nothing wrong because its just the fan increasing speed to ensure the system is keep cool, and the disc drive loading. just have to deal with it, some arnt as bad as others

what u can try is playing a dvd, when i play a dvd its fine and quite, try it and if its still loud then get it sorted, but if its just the fan..... not alot u can do.

also try moving it onto a diff surface, sometimes decreases the noise on mine :D

Aight thanks man I wll give all of it a shot.

RaidenX49
09-20-2008, 10:58 PM

Yeah I agree, I'm pretty sure it's normal, mine gets loud sometimes, but it's only on certain games. It sometimes worries me, but I don't really think it's a problem, just the system trying to avoid the problems.

Lebowski
09-21-2008, 12:00 AM
If youre still under warranty, Get Uncle Bill to send you a new one!

evman50
09-22-2008, 06:54 AM
idk mabey your going to get the red rings soon

http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/a7x-468x60.jpg (http://a7x.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=189109)
http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/lilwayne-468x60.jpg (http://searchwithlilwayne.prodege.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=189109)
Seriously, you can win prizes for doing stuff you normally do every day.

Adamzzz
09-22-2008, 07:27 PM
I also have a problem and hopefully someone who knows about 360s answers. So my 360 either doesn't read discs (just asks me to open tray) or tells me if I want to play the disc, to put it in a 360 console. It loads up Xbox games fine but my 360 ones take ages if not at all. Before I knew opening it would void warranty, I opened it, so phoning Micrsoft is outta the question. If I need to do something with the 360 internally then i can open it up but won't unplug anything/use a screwdriver for screws (apart from getting the case off the disc drive).

Any help?

blackflame0729
09-22-2008, 07:44 PM
Sounds like your disc drive. (Get it? Sounds) No but its proboly your disc drive

BlamelessSoul
09-22-2008, 08:10 PM
that means your 360 is dying this same thing happened to me. At first once in a great while, then only certain games, then every single time. I see a new 360 in your future ...sorry :(

I also have a problem and hopefully someone who knows about 360s answers. So my 360 either doesn't read discs (just asks me to open tray) or tells me if I want to play the disc, to put it in a 360 console. It loads up Xbox games fine but my 360 ones take ages if not at all. Before I knew opening it would void warranty, I opened it, so phoning Micrsoft is outta the question. If I need to do something with the 360 internally then i can open it up but won't unplug anything/use a screwdriver for screws (apart from getting the case off the disc drive).

Any help?

Ashz0r
09-22-2008, 08:30 PM
Some games are silent for me and most movie DVD's.
Most games have a reasonable loud noise to them.
Certain games sound like my x360 is tearing a hole into another dimension like Lost Odyssey is one of the loudest for me.. (I think its the way the drive has to read the data off of the disc..)

My x360 has been like this since the day I got it though.. never had any disc damage or problems though.. just quite loud.

Barad
06-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Yeah kinda, maybe but who knows?

You need to stop dragging up old threads please.

Crimson x360a
06-28-2013, 10:46 PM
You need to stop dragging up old threads please.

Hahaha I was reading though this whole post and read your post then noticed how old it was WTF? Why does he keep bringing up old post?