PDA

View Full Version : DLC for 9/23

Matrarch
09-19-2008, 06:08 PM
Hehe, I still haven't downloaded last week's DLC since RB2 has so many new tracks. Still, HMX keeps our weekly DLC coming, so here it is:

Looks like the technicals have been taken care of. Rush's "Moving Pictures" comes out for real next week! In addition we have tracks from Bad Religion, The Cult, Hot Hot Heat, Kasabian, Sleater-Kinney, and Stone Roses!

Rush's Moving Pictures Full Album

Tom Sawyer (orig version)
Red Barchetta
YYZ
Limelight (orig version)
The Camera Eye
Witch Hunt
Vital Signs

The full album will be available for $10.99 (880 Microsoft Points) or $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) per track individually.

We are also releasing a bunch of individual tracks:

Bad Religion - Sorrow
The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary
Hot Hot Heat - Bandages
Kasabian - Shoot the Runner
Sleater-Kinney - You're No Rock N Roll Fun
Stone Roses - Love Spreads

Each of these tracks will be available individually for $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points).

All tracks are master tracks.

So.... ummm.. YES! Moving Pictures! Woo!

And I'm totally down for the Bad Religion Track as well. :) What about you all?

Killing Shadows
09-19-2008, 06:13 PM
Nice. Definetely getting YYZ and She Sells Sanctuary.

TwistedFate
09-19-2008, 06:15 PM
YES!!! She Sells Sanctuary!!!

Oh yeah, and that little band called Rush. That's pretty cool too. ;)

Okay, actually I'm pretty excited about almost all of them. I don't know a couple of them, but it's a good week for me.

fuzzy510
09-19-2008, 06:33 PM
LOVE MOTHER FUCKING SPREADS

<3 Harmonix

CM Matty
09-19-2008, 07:17 PM
any bad religion is good bad religion. i'm down for that...hopefully there's more soon. that and bandages i'll get for sure.

i'll also probably get sanctuary and love spreads...possibly the sleater-kinney tune as well.

Mr Arrow
09-19-2008, 07:17 PM
OMG 'real' Rush....YES!
This will be my first full album purchase.

The Camera Eye = 10 1/2+ minutes!!

xCOBRAx
09-19-2008, 07:44 PM
cool releases but between my new rb2 tracks, rb1 and dlc, i have plenty of songs to keep me busy for a bit

MartyMcFly
09-19-2008, 08:31 PM
She Sells Sanctuary!!! WOOOOOOO. I was so jealous that this was on GH:Aerosmith, I knew I could trust Harmonix :D

D RaK Fereal
09-19-2008, 08:49 PM
Yayy! :woop:

antnie
09-19-2008, 08:53 PM
Finally more Rush. It sucks because I already bought Limelight. I guess I will have to buy it again.

Dla911
09-19-2008, 09:20 PM
cool releases but between my new rb2 tracks, rb1 and dlc, i have plenty of songs to keep me busy for a bit

LOL i have not even got last week Songs because of rock band 2, so this week is going to be Costly, both albums the 4 pack from last week and maybe 2 or 3 songs from this big hit as well

Chris PW
09-19-2008, 11:09 PM
Good set of songs there. Been awhile since I bought some songs.

nightmare975
09-19-2008, 11:36 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Grabbing Rush and maybe The Cult

APX
09-19-2008, 11:38 PM
Another reason why Harmonix is pure sex, even after the release of RB2 they are still releasing new DLC. I LOVE YOU <333

Hexrapper
09-20-2008, 02:51 AM
It's a great line-up of songs, and I'm really happy to finally see some Bad Religion, but damn if they didn't make one of the weirdest choices for a song from them =/. I mean, The Process of Belief doesn't particularly contain amazing material to begin with, but they could've done a lot better than Sorrow even just taking from that one album.

Just the same, any BR is good so I'll be playing it plenty for sure =D

Tekken
09-20-2008, 03:22 AM
It's a great line-up of songs, and I'm really happy to finally see some Bad Religion, but damn if they didn't make one of the weirdest choices for a song from them =/. I mean, The Process of Belief doesn't particularly contain amazing material to begin with, but they could've done a lot better than Sorrow even just taking from that one album.

Totally agree. I've been noticing some strange song picks here and there. It's a tad annoying, but I'll take it.

JMills109
09-20-2008, 08:23 AM
I must have missed the Rush bandwagon when it picked everyone else up because I had never heard like any of their stuff before RB1.

Not like I'm young or haven't listed to like EVERYTHING from the 70's/80's but for some reason they eluded me.

Ill have to listen to these songs beforehand because after buying RB2/Peace Sells this week, my musical gaming budget is running low....

Dex
09-20-2008, 09:06 AM
Another reason why Harmonix is pure sex, even after the release of RB2 they are still releasing new DLC. I LOVE YOU <333
Well, they do need to live up to that "500 songs by year end" promise. I'll be buying at least 3 of the Rush songs, I doubt I'll buy songs I already have - regardless of them not being originals.

I must have missed the Rush bandwagon when it picked everyone else up because I had never heard like any of their stuff before RB1.
Wow... that's like saying you never heard of Led Zeppelin or the Rolling Stones. Not that I don't believe you, but that's really odd, considering the generation of music you claim to listen to.

I know 20 year olds (friends into heavy metal), 30 year olds (myself) and 40 year olds (my brother and sister), who are all Rush fans. Maybe not the best band of all time, but still... thats 100% classic rock.

JMills109
09-20-2008, 10:35 AM
Wow... that's like saying you never heard of Led Zeppelin or the Rolling Stones. Not that I don't believe you, but that's really odd, considering the generation of music you claim to listen to.

I know 20 year olds (friends into heavy metal), 30 year olds (myself) and 40 year olds (my brother and sister), who are all Rush fans. Maybe not the best band of all time, but still... thats 100% classic rock.

Yeah, I'm not really sure. I'd heard of them, but somehow missed the boat. I listen to pretty much EVERY type of music (used to be a DJ in college) so it's not impossible for bands to escape me. Anyways, I like what I've got from there so far with the on disc songs and "Closer to the Heart"

edd__
09-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Sleater-Kinney have no bassist afaik, so how's that gunna work?

Dex
09-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Sleater-Kinney have no bassist afaik, so how's that gunna work?
Um... YYZ by Rush has no vocals. I'll let you figure that one out on your own.

Ok, I'll be nice and give you a hint
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showpost.php?p=1093115&postcount=11

Joegismoe
09-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Rush = Win

Not to sure about other bands

Th3 Apache Dog
09-21-2008, 01:01 AM
I'm only getting yyz and sorrow:drunk

XVx KILL SWITCH
09-21-2008, 03:02 AM
yyz on drums...

Pyroman31
09-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Hell. Yes.

Dex
09-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Did anyone pick up some new DLC today?

I got the full Rush album, which means lots of duplicates in my playlist >_<
Tom Sawyer is much more fun to play (guitar/bass/vocals), and YYZ pretty much broke my left hand on guitar, and caused me to fail on hard drums. Ouch!

Inhale3xhale
09-23-2008, 11:29 PM
I only got The Camera Eye and YYZ due to money stuff, but they're both great. On Camera Eye, got 96% X Drums, 95% X Guitar on the sightread. YYZ was a different story

Matrarch
09-24-2008, 12:11 AM
Did anyone pick up some new DLC today?

I got the full Rush album, which means lots of duplicates in my playlist >_<
Tom Sawyer is much more fun to play (guitar/bass/vocals), and YYZ pretty much broke my left hand on guitar, and caused me to fail on hard drums. Ouch!

Yep! Same boat as you. Now there's potential to have Limelight and Limelight during a 2 song mystery playlist. Exciting.

I didn't get to play much of it. I played Limelight and Tom Sawyer on Vox which was pretty much the same and YYZ on hard drums and barely passed it.

I also picked up Sorrow and had a great time singing that. I'll try everything on guitar later, though. Didn't get a chance to do that yet. :)

Th3 Apache Dog
09-24-2008, 12:15 AM
...I need to get YYZ now so I can post saying how easy it was:plmao well when Saturday comes by I'll get 'em.

Flik Nightshade
09-24-2008, 12:21 AM

I agree that there were better songs from that album, but it was the first single from it so I expected it. But come on. The Process of Belief marked the return, so to speak, of Bad Religion. :P

nightmare975
09-24-2008, 12:40 AM
Got all of Rush, Tom Sawyer is so much easier than the cover. WTF!?

Also got The Cult. Okay song.

OldWIKI TIK
09-24-2008, 02:13 AM
Hell yes! She sells sanctuary was the best song on Aerosmith in my opinion and cannot wait to sing and drum that one. Lots of points going out this week!:woop: