PDA

View Full Version : Launched

Silence07
09-19-2008, 07:34 PM
I've been working on this for awhile now and I'm not sure the kills are going through. Do you have to kill them when there in the air? Or just somewere in the combo

Cause I usually kill them with the first saber strike but I always finish the combo. I've been doing this on the TIE fighter factory for a good hour n' half and I'm positive I killed more then 100 like this. :eek:

greycobalt
09-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Yeah...same for me. I think you have to actually kill them by launching them, which is slightly frustrating.

Silence07
09-19-2008, 10:42 PM
Ya it is, I've only killed about 5 when they were in the air. Pain in the ass when there stormies cause they die instantly.

KingGotenW
09-19-2008, 11:11 PM
#1 thanks for using the search option.... (seriously, this is NOT sarcasm!)
#2 XXXB(hold)XX use on anything but stormtroopers.

greycobalt
09-19-2008, 11:50 PM
This is slightly easier to do on Sith Master because nothing dies ever. I got all the other achievements by playing through the game multiple times (I'm kind of obsessed with it), but I started Sith Master a while ago and I've been getting launch kills way easier.

Silence07
09-19-2008, 11:58 PM
Blarg like a noob forget about search. Sorry

But you still didnt answer my question fully. Does it matter if you don't kill them in the air as long as you finish the combo?

edit: Thanks Colbalt I'll give that a try

greycobalt
09-20-2008, 12:13 AM
Although I do wish the Y+B grapple would work as a launch kill, that one's easy. :-/

ugoindownsaka
09-22-2008, 09:35 PM
this is a pain in the ass, its the last one i need and i cant find a good place to do it and suggestions, and is it only xxx hold b that works because with me he'll do the punching the ground thing then follow it up in the air, by that time everyones dead, damn it.

Subion
09-22-2008, 09:40 PM
I don't understand it either, but somehow I got it today. I was on the tie factory where the ties fly around and shoot at you. I was in the begining of the combo. The second time you push X. Then the tie shot me and the guard and blew up a container beside us and it gave me the combo.

edit: I did this on apprentice all I played was the factory. I started out just doing XXXB. Second time through I did XXX Hold B and I got it. This was on a new game so I got it without holding B for most of the kills. I only held B on about 25 enemies. Give or take a few. I also had everyone die on the first or second swing and just finished the combo after they died.

Foxhound300
09-22-2008, 09:44 PM
for all the achievements you need to land the finishing blow doing that move. that's why i'm going to find the force grip achievement irritating.

Kioku
09-22-2008, 10:00 PM
I got the achievement by playing the Bespin level and doing the xxx (hold)b and xx while in the air on the Blue Guards and on Jet Pack Troopers. Just Force Grip the Jet Pack Troopers and sit them down in fornt of you to use the move on them. Their health is high enough to complete the move.

Diaxen
09-22-2008, 10:02 PM
Force grip is easy, just use Vader's choke (Y) on the Wookiee bridge.

dnieloo
03-28-2010, 01:49 PM
I got the achievement just 5 min ago, i did it like this (real easy):

On wookie bridge, as Vader, just press A to jump, then hold X to do leaping slam. Repeat until achievement done :) took me like 4 min or so, depends on spawn and cause of death. But I just let them all around me (you cant die in prelude) and jump, X then jump, X over and over again (: hope this helps

DestroyThineslf
06-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Agreed. You can do this with Starkiller during the campaign too. Jump then hold X to do an arial slam(?) I did it on one playthrough of tie fighter factory.