PDA

View Full Version : For Those About To Do Vocal Endless Setlist

ThtPepsiNagger
09-20-2008, 07:12 AM
Good Luck
Just finished it and let me tell you i wont be talking for the next few days
even with all the breaks i took my voice is shot
good luck to everyone else who is doing it....

on a brighter note of the endless setlist

$83,000 is a pretty nice reward for finishing that hellish set

glasstiger50
09-20-2008, 08:04 AM
What difficulty did you do this? If you did it on Expert, how was Visions on your voice after the previous 6 hours of playing?

ThtPepsiNagger
09-20-2008, 08:23 AM
What difficulty did you do this? If you did it on Expert, how was Visions on your voice after the previous 6 hours of playing?
i did do it on expert and visions was easy...
its an entire talky song
i pat booned that song

JMills109
09-20-2008, 08:24 AM

You don't really have to talk in the same voice as the lead singer for them. Everytime I try, I like accidentally hack up a lung or something.

glasstiger50
09-20-2008, 08:26 AM
You don't really have to talk in the same voice as the lead singer for them. Everytime I try, I like accidentally hack up a lung or something.

Oh, I didn't know. I was just going off what my friend was saying about it being ridiculously hard because we were talking about doing the Endless Setlist on Expert while trying to go for Iron Bladder, but he said Visions would probably make him fail...I'll tell him what you guys said.

Dex
09-20-2008, 08:59 AM
I've sang at least 95% of the songs on expert with no problems at all, the only ones that gave me trouble were Chop Suey and Night Lies.

Once I master those 2 songs... and have 10 hours to spare... I'll attempt the endless setlist.

EDIT:
If you wanted a truly epic thread, you should have had your opening comment be "we salute you", considering the thread title.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_Those_About_to_Rock_We_Salute_You

Joegismoe
09-20-2008, 01:36 PM
Wow, your throat must hurt a lot....

D RaK Fereal
09-20-2008, 03:41 PM
I just have to ask, why did you choose to sing your way through it?

No doubt a guitar might've been less strain on your voice.

TwistedFate
09-20-2008, 04:19 PM

And more strain on your fingers.

blurbia
09-20-2008, 04:31 PM
I'm gonna do it on vocals today too. The only problem I should have is with Spoonman. For some reason the pitch meter always goes crazy on that song.

fuzzy510
09-20-2008, 04:39 PM

I dunno about the OP, but I don't have enough confidence in myself to be able to get through some of the tougher songs on guitar without failing, and I do NOT want to go through the Endless Setlist twice to get Platinum Artist once and Bladder of Steel another time.

ThtPepsiNagger
09-20-2008, 06:09 PM

the only reason i didnt choose guitar is because i was on limited battery life on my wireless so i wouldnt have enough to get me threw. plus i didnt want my wrist to be hurting for when i work

Saluki 00
09-20-2008, 11:53 PM
I think we need to consider the endless setlist can be done on Medium for the bladder achievement. No need to "kill yourself" doing expert twice... once for platinum and once for bladder. Just do it twice... once on medium (bladder), and once on expert (platinum). Check the ach. guide. A lot of the supposedly harder achievements (lord of the strings for instance) can be done on any difficulty.

Wildjack69
09-21-2008, 12:22 AM
I think we need to consider the endless setlist can be done on Medium for the bladder achievement. No need to "kill yourself" doing expert twice... once for platinum and once for bladder. Just do it twice... once on medium (bladder), and once on expert (platinum). Check the ach. guide. A lot of the supposedly harder achievements (lord of the strings for instance) can be done on any difficulty.

Yeah that was sorta my plan go through it once on hard( since i know i can play all the songs there) for the bladder one and then later when i know i can get through expert go for that one.

Mad World
09-21-2008, 10:26 PM
i know 6 hours isn't too long to wait to use the bathroom, but really, don't you have 3 breaks in it where you can just hold the mic up to the speakers?

i haven't began to sing yet, but aren't there 3 "all talky-part" songs

So Watcha Want
Visions
and a third one (help me out here)

so your bladder doesn't really need to be steel to get the achievement

D RaK Fereal
09-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Truu, I couldn't sing 84 different songs.
I'd fail that way before some guitar playin.

sharonoagain
09-22-2008, 12:34 AM
Heh, the only way I can do this is by singing my way through. My fingers stop working fairly quickly when playing. I just need to wait until I have a day free.

FlamedLiquid
09-22-2008, 01:38 AM
Well I did beat the Impossible Vocals challenge on expert, and 100% Hungry Like The Wold on xpert to get the 100% and gold star achieves. Hoping the whole setlist isnt too much for me on expert. Vocals is my only chance. I cant do any songs except like the easy tier for expert guitar and only like the first 3 tiers on expert for bass.

:/