PDA

View Full Version : Who thinks there should be more x360a awards?

Lebowski
09-21-2008, 02:19 AM
I think there should be more awards on the forums here.
Post your ideas for new awards.
And the 10 most popular will be compiled along with data for the Admin/Mod team to see.

And hopefully we can make something out of it!

So whos going to get the ball rolling...

A Polish Panda
09-21-2008, 02:52 AM
What other awards could there be? Getting 100 posts? Refering people?

jorGe62990
09-21-2008, 03:31 AM
Most of the suggested awards were shot down because they were too easy or would take a ridiculous amount of time and effort by the site's staff in order to sort out the award recipients. Just search "awards" and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Andrew x360a
09-21-2008, 05:55 AM
Is there a reason why we would need more awards? Do you want new awards simply because you don't have any? Perhaps you should spend your time working on receiving the awards that we already offer rather than trying to generate new ones.

Lebowski
09-21-2008, 03:59 PM
Is there a reason why we would need more awards? Do you want new awards simply because you don't have any? Perhaps you should spend your time working on receiving the awards that we already offer rather than trying to generate new ones.

Perhaps you should stop being such an ass, and have an open mind to ideas.

Genesis x360a
09-21-2008, 04:04 PM
The only reward i can think of is 1 for being a forum member and having 100k in gamerscore, along with so many posts maybe?? i dunno its just a thought lol

Minty
09-21-2008, 04:06 PM
Perhaps you should stop being such an ass, and have an open mind to ideas.

Well, being an ass.... you're thread and you didnt suggest any.

Lebowski
09-21-2008, 04:20 PM
Gamerscore related ones.
Ones for obtaining the 'hard' achievements in certian games [instead of people clogging their sigs with them] eg mile high club
One for different amounts of popular thread's
Popular poll award.
There are just some of my ideas.
Thanks Minty :)

Sanction
09-21-2008, 04:31 PM
Gamerscore related ones.
Ones for obtaining the 'hard' achievements in certian games [instead of people clogging their sigs with them] eg mile high club
One for different amounts of popular thread's
Popular poll award.

There are just some of my ideas.
Thanks Minty :)

Those first 2 are insane, that would take such a long time to implement. The third is basically the A+ award, but replace 'popular' with 'well thought out'. And the fourth...I don't understand how / why this should be an award.

Slipknot1988
09-21-2008, 05:41 PM
personally, i have a hard enough time obtaining the awards that're already offered. i mean i have no idea where people get their information from so I can't post unknown achievements, achievement icons etc, so I'm gonna say that this idea, as good as it can be, isn't good right now
Maybe when everyone gets (insert award number here) they could add more.

Lebowski
09-21-2008, 05:51 PM
Thanks everyone for the input.
Just seeing what people thought.
Everyone has good and bad ideas.
This was obviously a bad one :)

Close topic please :locked

Andrew x360a
09-21-2008, 07:38 PM
Those first 2 are insane, that would take such a long time to implement. The third is basically the A+ award, but replace 'popular' with 'well thought out'. And the fourth...I don't understand how / why this should be an award.

A couple of people have suggested new awards in the past. The feedback has almost universally been similar to this. Every award has to be given by an administrator, so the amount of time that a new award would take to distribute has to be taken into account.

Additionally, the current awards are given for helping the site, providing information on achievements, donating money, participating in site-run tournaments, etc. The idea of giving people awards for their own personal successes - gamerscore milestones, hard achievements, etc. - hasn't really been well received because that has nothing to do with helping the site out.

Finally, anything that involves popularity is opening a bag of worms because people can just get their friends to vote for their thread/poll/whatever to try and get the award for it.

kiwi18
09-21-2008, 07:52 PM
I don't understand how / why this should be an award.

No one does, well just the OP.I think we should have an award for a waste of a thread...I can think of someone who would have it :rolleyes:
I think if you want new awards such as the ones you suggested, 1000's of people would have them so it is a dumb idea. I know you will probably throw a fit about this but this thread serves no purpose. It has been brought up before and has been shot down many many times.Use the search button next time before clogging up space.Lock.

Ashz0r
09-21-2008, 09:23 PM
If something happens that is deemed rewardable im sure the admins would ad an award for it.

There is no point in adding multiple awards to do with things that don't effect the site.. the majority of the awards are for contributing and helping towards the sites progression. It would be pointless from x360a's point of view to give out awards for difficult acheivements etc when you already get an award for that acheivement from xbox (i.e the acheivement its self)