PDA

View Full Version : Flawless Singer & Gold Star Baby - without singing at all

MysterE
09-21-2008, 03:25 AM
I got frustrated, when I was trying to do "So Whatcha Want" on Expert, and kept getting "strong" for whatever reason. I dropped the mic, and started getting awesomes for not doing anything. I had my surround sound on, and we realized it was picking up the sound from the speakers.

So, I restarted the song, turned up the mic sensitivity, and turned down the mic volume. I placede the mic in from of the speaker, and let the song play. I got my "FLAWLESS SINGER" achievement doing this, and have since confirmed that the "SOLID GOLD BABY" can be done this way too.

This works with any song that is spoken. So the following songs work with this method...

So Whatcha Want
Testify
Visions

"E"

XVx KILL SWITCH
09-21-2008, 04:28 AM
I will go attempt this right now, if this doesn't work I will kill you lol

sharonoagain
09-21-2008, 05:09 AM
Congratulations! You are only the 100th person to let us know that this works!
*throws confetti*

Just as a lark, you could try singing it, too. That's how I got my Flawless and Gold Star Achievements.

Dex
09-21-2008, 05:13 AM
The fact that he was getting "strong" is hilarious to me. All you have to do is hum or say "AHH" during the entire song.

Thank god you informed XBOX.COM too. And thank you for signing your post with your initial. I was wondering who's post I was reading.

TwistedFate
09-21-2008, 05:18 AM
The fact that he was getting "strong" is hilarious to me. All you have to do is hum or say "AHH" during the entire song.

Thank god you informed XBOX.COM too. And thank you for signing your post with your initial. I was wondering who's post I was reading.

I actually got Strongs a couple times too, but my mic was screwy at the time. Sensitivity set too low. All better now.

crypticriver
09-21-2008, 08:09 AM
thanks alot this worked really good, i got the achievment in rb 1 with thrasher, but in rb i couldnt do it so this helped alot

XVx KILL SWITCH
09-21-2008, 04:03 PM
just got the achievement:woop:, btw I got a 4 star on master exploder expert vocals:eek:

neok182
09-21-2008, 06:42 PM
do we really need another topic on this?
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=91935

JMills109
09-21-2008, 07:05 PM
Congratulations! You are only the 100th person to let us know that this works!
*throws confetti*

Just as a lark, you could try singing it, too. That's how I got my Flawless and Gold Star Achievements.

I agree. I was abysmal at vocals when I got RB1 in July, and with very little more than just playing guitar/drums and paying attention to the vocal tracks, I have been able to get 100% on 20+ songs on RB2's main setlist alone.

All Im saying is you are taking the fun out of the game for yourself by doing something like this. (Hell, HMX basically made those talkie songs as a way to give out that achievement freely)

plimpdaddy
10-17-2008, 08:11 PM
There anymore then those 3 that do the same thing?

Bl°°dwolf
10-17-2008, 08:24 PM
My nephew laughed at me when I told him I actually went through all the levels (easy/med/hard) before doing the expert vocals in RB1 because you could unlock them all by just going to the expert path first... Of course then I laughed at him because he couldn't do any expert song other than the very first one. :p

BCPotter
10-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Thank god you informed XBOX.COM too.

Wait, he informed Xbox.com? Please tell me that was edited out of the initial post.

Anyways, great job detective "E". You did the right thing by doing all that researching and finding out how to beat the system for the 100% vocals achievement. Too bad all your hard work never revealed the search function before you posted.

plimpdaddy
10-17-2008, 08:56 PM
Does anyone know if theres a forth song that works the same? Just trying to get the make a setlists done so i can unlock the achievement for playing at all venues

SebastianSB
10-17-2008, 09:13 PM
Does anyone know if theres a forth song that works the same? Just trying to get the make a setlists done so i can unlock the achievement for playing at all venues

The only other songs I can think of off the top of my head are Sabotage (RB1), Debaser (Pixies DLC) and Give It Away (RHCP DLC).

Dex
10-17-2008, 10:02 PM
The only other songs I can think of off the top of my head are Sabotage (RB1), Debaser (Pixies DLC) and Give It Away (RHCP DLC).
Thrasher (DLC) also.

Wait, he informed Xbox.com? Please tell me that was edited out of the initial post.
Haha, yeah, he edited it out. It used to say something about "I informed xbox.com and I thought you guys would want to know as well..."
Nonsense!

MysterE
10-20-2008, 06:33 AM
First of all, I can't think of anymore than those three off the top of my head right now. I tried to only post those that are directly on the RB2 disk, and not get into DLC.

Secondly, in response to those with so much to say...

So, I was under this crazy assumption that this site was intended as a place for gamers to help each other earn achievements for games. WTF was I thinking? I don't get the point of all the trash talking when someone inadvertantly posts something that has already been posted by someone else. Oh crap, I forgot to use the search function before I posted. If there is still just one reply in the post, where it helped someone earn an achievement, then it must have been useful to someone. If it doesn't help you, then why not just move on and ignore it? Do you get a special award to post on your account for pointing out people's mistakes?

In the end, you guys will probably respond to this and find something else to complain about, and this topic will go on and on, for no reason. I think I can already here peoples knuckles cracking, as they prepare to reply to this post.