PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone confirm that the swapping sides method works with current updates?

xxXI Dave IXxx
09-21-2008, 05:18 AM
Getting ready to start playing this, and I'm hoping someones got the win and winstreak achievements, playing online with the update, and using the swapping sides method since Aug 20/2008-present? Sorry to start a thread for this, just wanted to get confirmation from a recent user.Thanks!

Drake Sabidge
10-02-2008, 03:28 PM
I got goal getter on 8-27-08 swapping sides (scoring 100 own goals a game, then swapping, until it unlocked), but I got the win achievements a bit before that in a more legitimate fashion.

anolop
10-02-2008, 08:08 PM
What about the MoM achievements om semi-pro?? Does the swapping sides mothod work there??

EOU Findub
10-02-2008, 08:57 PM
I don't think anyone has actually tried the MoM achievements by swapping sides. I guess they figured why would they do that when they knew they were going to get it.

What I am doing as of right now is strictly playing JUST my midfielders. I sub out all strikers and defenders. This usually does the trick unless I score a goal with my goalie...which has definitely happened before (I was bored).

Drake Sabidge
10-03-2008, 05:05 AM
For MoM I used Barcelona and picked up a bunch of Midfield MoM's with Ronaldinho as I knocked out forwards. After that, I put Zambrotto in as middle forward and he scores a ton of goals and that knocked out Defense (still getting a few with Ronaldinho). By that point, it was only a few more games to get the Midfield achievement.

BTW, I think some of the MoM's (with normal teams) from getting my Badge of Honor counted. I was less than 50 on all three in play now when I got the achievements.

EOU Findub
10-03-2008, 05:49 AM
Shoot, that's pretty awesome. Mine can't come soon enough. There is such a drop-off after you finish your album. When the only achievements you have left are Midfielder MoM and Defender MoM everything just seems so tedious. :)

Drake Sabidge
10-03-2008, 08:23 PM
Well, I did the MoMs before I did goal getter, so I was worried the short matches would kill any chance I had of getting the goal getter achievement. Luckily I only needed like 7 or 8 games to unlock it. Spending an hour and a half scoring own goals on yourself pretty much defines tedious. :D

The happiest I was had to be finally beating the Barca - Milan challenge. That took a few hundred tries.

anolop
10-03-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm not going to try the challenges any more... Just can't do it except the qualifying round :D

EOU Findub
10-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Umm...the Barca-Milan challenge took me 1 try. I just shredded their defense as they seem to only have 3 guys back at any given time. The one that gave me the most problems was the FC Porto-Monaco one because Monaco is HORRIBLE and Porto has such a good defense....which ALWAYS have four Def. sitting on the 18 yard line.

Drake Sabidge
10-05-2008, 07:13 AM
See that one took me a little bit, but not a terrible amount of time to complete. I put Koller in the middle and fed him a few through passes. No one else on Monaco seems to score consistently though.