PDA

View Full Version : Force Repulse Mastery Problems

Tank8131
09-21-2008, 05:41 AM
I've played the entire game (2nd time) using repulse 90% and lightning the other 10%. I still do not have this achievement.

This game has so many bugs in it, that I almost lose every ounce of respect for LucasArts. Strangely, however, the game is still fun to play. I can give them that much, but with the strange invisible wall stuff and never knowing what you can and can't jump on to is too much to ignore.

Anyways...where's my achievement?

XxChamilitaryxX
09-21-2008, 06:05 AM
do this achievement in the Prologue where you are Darth Vader and there shold be an Unlimited Wookie Spawn. this place is located at the part where the Tie Fighter crashes at the Bridge. i hope this helps

Tank8131
09-21-2008, 02:47 PM
Okay...I know I can do that...but that's not really the point.

After you get any one achievement in that spot under the canopy the wookies dramatically slow down. Maybe it's just me...but I've done this strategy twice!

On one occasion I got the Force Push Mastery Achievement and the wookies slow down to only the ones with the crossbow immediately after I got the achievement.

It happened again on another playthrough when I got the 'Derailed" whilst randomly killing the crossbow wookies who were too far away to repulse. Once I got that achievement the wookies again slowed down to only those with the crossbow.

Gorjira
09-21-2008, 06:11 PM
Your blaming your achievment not unlocking on a bug? Wow dude. You simply have not got 500 kills - Don't blame this on any bug.

digitalink
09-21-2008, 07:49 PM
Okay...I know I can do that...but that's not really the point.

After you get any one achievement in that spot under the canopy the wookies dramatically slow down. Maybe it's just me...but I've done this strategy twice!

On one occasion I got the Force Push Mastery Achievement and the wookies slow down to only the ones with the crossbow immediately after I got the achievement.

It happened again on another playthrough when I got the 'Derailed" whilst randomly killing the crossbow wookies who were too far away to repulse. Once I got that achievement the wookies again slowed down to only those with the crossbow.

yes, the "unlimited" amount of wookies is really only around 550 or so. so reload the game after you get one of the mastery achievements. as for repulse i ran out of wookies (crossbow stays out of range and dies by return blaster fire) so i crossed the bridge, triggered the next save point and then reloaded the game. went backwards through the level until i reached another save point (after you drop down the elevator) reloaded the game and all the wookies were there again and i finished the repulse that way.

Pashos
09-21-2008, 08:38 PM
Don't blame not getting the achievement because of a glitch unless you actually counted every kill you got and have more than 500.

LoganDarkKnight
09-21-2008, 11:43 PM
This was by far the fastest Mastery achievement I got!!

I didn't really bother with the Vader thing as I figured, what's the point in spamming all these kills when I don't get any experience for it!! At least if you do it with Starkiller, then you're gonna level up like crazy going for these achievements!

I had just finished the 2nd Mission, started the 3rd and got Force Repulse. So I quit back to the 1st Mission and in the very first battle you have, there is a lift on the floor where 8 Stormtroopers come out of. I've had at least 5 sets of these guys coming up the lift, so that's 50 kills right there! Not to mention the other 10 or so already down there!! If you spot the lift coming out, dash into the centre and release your Force Repulse and you can kill all 8 in a row, so if you're playing on Sith Lord (or Mastery) then that's a lot less hassle!!

Once the bad guys drain up, either leave 1 guy so he can shoot you in the back, or hit the TIE Fighters close up with your lightsaber and the explosion and fall will kill you (depending on your health, this may take a few TIE Fighters.)

Just DON'T exit through the door that you need to use Force Grip on as this unlocks a checkpoint and you won't be able to respawn those enemies withouth having to reload the level (which takes far longer than just dying)

Seriously, this is the BEST place for the achievements!!

There is a lot of enemies all grouped together.
You don't have to wait for stupid wookies to jump across a bridge.
You're gaining experience with every kill making it extremely easy to level up A LOT!
You're killing Imperials so you're also working towards your Cannon Fodder and Rebel Leader achievements!!

My advice, just do the Kashyyyk exploit until you unlock the 200 Wookies Killed achievement then move on!!!

Hendrixfd41
09-22-2008, 12:07 AM
After youve beaten the game go back to level 1. IMO you are ALOT stronger and the enemies are extremely weak. Since youve played through already and done it alot you should have a decent amount of kills by it. There are easily 200 enemies on this level so just play through it once maybe twice using repulse. Thats what I did anyways.

LoganDarkKnight
09-22-2008, 12:24 AM
Hello, are my posts invisible?

Why the hell would you waste so much time doing the 1st level getting 200 enemies when you can do the 1 ROOM of the 1st level 4 times and get 200 enemies!?!?!? This'll take 5 mins!!

Can you finish the 1st Mission in 5 mins?