PDA

View Full Version : Exporting RB1 songs without playing it?

Rengrave
09-22-2008, 02:31 AM
Hey all

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I looked for an existing thread on it but didn't find anything.

I never played RB1, but I'm playing RB2 now (lovin' it). I want to import the tracks from a friend's copy of RB1, but I don't want RB1 to appear in my achievement list along with its "0 out of 1000" total.

So I was curious if anyone has tried this: Could I sign into my XBox with a different account, spend 400 points to export the RB1 tracks to my hard drive, then log back in with my regular account and still have access to all the tracks?

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions!

-Ren

Dla911
09-22-2008, 02:48 AM
Hey all

I'm sorry if this has already been discussed. I looked for an existing thread on it but didn't find anything.

I never played RB1, but I'm playing RB2 now (lovin' it). I want to import the tracks from a friend's copy of RB1, but I don't want RB1 to appear in my achievement list along with its "0 out of 1000" total.

So I was curious if anyone has tried this: Could I sign into my XBox with a different account, spend 400 points to export the RB1 tracks to my hard drive, then log back in with my regular account and still have access to all the tracks?

-Ren

If i'm right every Copy of Rockband has a Code (throught i read that on Rock band forums), You can probly pick up the game cheep now with Rock band 2 out, if not wait a few weeks and it should drop, you still will need the disk to do that to Transfor the songs over (because they save on the HD)

TwistedFate
09-22-2008, 03:13 AM
If i'm right every Copy of Rockband has a Code (throught i read that on Rock band forums), You can probly pick up the game cheep now with Rock band 2 out, if not wait a few weeks and it should drop, you still will need the disk to do that to Transfor the songs over (because they save on the HD)

What are you talking about? :chair

OP, you should be able to do that, but I can't say 100% that you can.

fuzzy510
09-22-2008, 05:02 AM
Hey all

-Ren
I just checked, and the songs appeared in the Quickplay list when I signed in as a different profile from the one I used when I exported the tracks. However, I wouldn't be surprised if, like DLC, that the tracks would require the profile that exported them to be signed in if you moved them to another 360. If that could be an issue, keep that in mind.

Hope that helps!

Dex
09-22-2008, 09:27 AM
What are you talking about? :chair
Seriously, that might have been the most idiotic post I've ever read. And I've read posts from that VENOM guy.

As far as I know, you pop in RB1, and chose EXPORT from the main menu... so to answer your question; it will show that you "played" RB1, but got 0 out of 1000.

You also have to pay $5 for the export... I can't really help you with any advice there. Can XBL members with a silver account buy MS points? If so... I suppose you could create a silver account, buy $5 in points, export the songs, and... hopefully have them available in your gold XBL account as well.

That's a lot to risk. I'd suggest just popping the disk in on your main account. How horrible is it to have a 0/1000 show up? I know lots of XBL arcade games that I play a demo of, and see a 0/1000 online. Who cares?

GoFFe
09-22-2008, 11:27 AM
That's a lot to risk. I'd suggest just popping the disk in on your main account. How horrible is it to have a 0/1000 show up? I know lots of XBL arcade games that I play a demo of, and see a 0/1000 online. Who cares? If you're a completion whore you'll definitely care.

TwistedFate
09-22-2008, 01:38 PM
Can XBL members with a silver account buy MS points?

Yes. We can.

Rengrave
09-22-2008, 04:49 PM
If you're a completion whore you'll definitely care.

[sheepishly raises hand]

Guilty as charged. :)

-Ren

Lucent Beam
09-22-2008, 05:06 PM
. However, I wouldn't be surprised if, like DLC, that the tracks would require the profile that exported them to be signed in if you moved them to another 360. If that could be an issue, keep that in mind.

Hope that helps!

Yeah, it'll work like that. Or at least it has for me.

neok182
09-22-2008, 06:52 PM
the only way to do it would be to be offline and recover your account. but obviously you have to be online to buy the license. so because of that it's impossible to do.

sry but just can't be done. your gonna be stuck with the 0 out of 1000.

SebastianSB
09-22-2008, 07:02 PM
of course, you could always just play the game =P there goes your 0/1k problem.

xCOBRAx
09-22-2008, 07:23 PM
yeah but who wants to play RB1 with RB2 out? Everytime i see someone on my friends list playing rockband 1 i just think to myself....sucker

Lucent Beam
09-22-2008, 08:41 PM
yeah but who wants to play RB1 with RB2 out? Everytime i see someone on my friends list playing rockband 1 i just think to myself....sucker

Anyone who wants to play the 3 missing songs or who wants to keep visual track of what stars they get on DLC.

So lame and a half that RB doesn't keep track of your stars.

TwistedFate
09-22-2008, 08:47 PM
the only way to do it would be to be offline and recover your account. but obviously you have to be online to buy the license. so because of that it's impossible to do.

sry but just can't be done. your gonna be stuck with the 0 out of 1000.

This is wrong and not at all what he is asking. He wants to export the tracks under a different GT so that his main GT doesn't show that he had the game inserted. He doesn't care if the alt GT has 0/1000, he just doesn't want it on his main GT.

D3adcell86
09-22-2008, 09:16 PM
You can do it, but the songs will only be licensed to the gamertag you export them with and the 360. So say you wanted to play on a different 360 and brought your hdd, you wouldn't be able to play those songs unless the account that paid for it was connected to live.

This could suck if you got the RRoD and couldn't play those songs because you didn't have the license under your gamertag.

OzzieDreamer
09-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Sounds like the OP is new to the genre. If he is really loving the game, I think it would be great for him to pick up a cheap used copy of RB1, buy points, export the songs and work on the RB1 achievements later. Why not? If you're not that good at the game, you will never get 1K from it. It requires you to be able to get through all the songs on expert to get all the points. I had just started to work through some of the harder stuff when RB2 came out. I just haven't had the time to go back to the first disc yet as everyone has been wanting to come over and play rb2....

Rengrave
09-23-2008, 06:53 AM
Sounds like the OP is new to the genre. If he is really loving the game, I think it would be great for him to pick up a cheap used copy of RB1, buy points, export the songs and work on the RB1 achievements later. Why not? If you're not that good at the game, you will never get 1K from it. It requires you to be able to get through all the songs on expert to get all the points. I had just started to work through some of the harder stuff when RB2 came out. I just haven't had the time to go back to the first disc yet as everyone has been wanting to come over and play rb2....

I wouldn't say I'm new to the genre. I played a bunch of Guitar Hero 1 and 2 on my PS2, and I've played a lot of GH3 on the XBox. I never got into Rock Band before because to play in a group I'd have to have the other players in the room with me. That just wasn't going to be possible. When RB2 came out and allowed the world tour over Live, I jumped in.

Can you get the full 1k in RB1 playing alone? Perhaps I've been mistaken...

-Ren (the OP)

Gun-Nut
09-23-2008, 07:17 AM
You can't get the full 1000 playing alone

But you can just create another live account buy 400 points and export the songs and then still play them on your main account :) assuming your using the same 360 or the tag that brought the songs is signed it on another controller.

MightyIronHead
09-23-2008, 08:03 PM
Actually it is possible to get all 1000 in Rock Band by yourself, but you have to be skilled enough to be able to simultaneously sing and play all songs on expert. Definitely no easy task.

TwistedFate
09-23-2008, 08:44 PM
Actually it is possible to get all 1000 in Rock Band by yourself, but you have to be skilled enough to be able to simultaneously sing and play all songs on expert. Definitely no easy task.

And how do you suggest they tackle Score Dual and Tug of War by themselves?

Caleb Goessling
09-24-2008, 02:27 PM
RB1 lets you play those modes over Live. It's true, the game can be completed solo if you always sing and play an instrument at the same time, but good freaking luck doing the Endless Setlist on dual-expert.

SebastianSB
09-24-2008, 03:39 PM
wouldn't both of these games be terrible choices for completionists? RB1 requires you to master every instrument and RB2 requires you to beat the hardest setlist made so far on expert without failing or pausing...or you could do bladder on a lower difficulty I suppose but then you'd have to spend 13 hours on endless setlist alone.

Matrarch
09-24-2008, 03:58 PM
RB2 is easier for achievements, but it is still quite the time commitment. Going through all the venues, challenges, the drum trainer, endless setlist... it adds up. Of course, you can just find a band that already has the challenges completed and scoop up the achievement that way, but if you're looking to do it on your own that's not a viable option.

You can't get the full 1,000 playing on your own locally, but you can get up to 895 points (well, maybe 900? There might by a way to riding on coattails locally?) which is still a fairly good completion percentage. It's going to take a long time to do though.

Caleb Goessling
09-25-2008, 05:20 PM
wouldn't both of these games be terrible choices for completionists? RB1 requires you to master every instrument and RB2 requires you to beat the hardest setlist made so far on expert without failing or pausing...or you could do bladder on a lower difficulty I suppose but then you'd have to spend 13 hours on endless setlist alone.

Terrible choices? No, I have every expectation that I'll complete 2 and get 980 in 1 in due time. Some people just have better circumstances than others.

SebastianSB
09-25-2008, 06:54 PM
(well, maybe 900? There might by a way to riding on coattails locally?) which is still a fairly good completion percentage. It's going to take a long time to do though.

It's possible. All you have to do is play another song with the person you beat the endless setlist with. Or yourself if you dual weild.

Matrarch
09-25-2008, 10:02 PM
It's possible. All you have to do is play another song with the person you beat the endless setlist with. Or yourself if you dual weild.

Ok, cool. Thanks for clarifying that. I just wasn't sure. :)

braddelo
09-26-2008, 06:04 AM
And how do you suggest they tackle Score Dual and Tug of War by themselves?

He never said anything about not being able to connect to LIVE.

ILoveAztecChick
09-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Terrible choices? No, I have every expectation that I'll complete 2 and get 980 in 1 in due time. Some people just have better circumstances than others.

What's the achievement in RB1 that you don't think you'll get able to get?

TwistedFate
09-26-2008, 12:53 PM
He never said anything about not being able to connect to LIVE.

That's hardly by yourself.

Caleb Goessling
09-26-2008, 01:11 PM
What's the achievement in RB1 that you don't think you'll get able to get?

Ooh, you caught me. I was thinking of Expert guitar career, but that's 50 not 20, So I'll have to shoot for 950. Damn GG&HT.

KingSigy
09-26-2008, 04:37 PM
Ok, addressing the original question, Xbox Live has DRM protection linked to Gamer Profile and Console Serial Number. If you get another profile and buy the Unlock Key for Rock Band 1, you should be able to use them on your other profile without a 0/1000 in RB1. You could also just do it on your profile and then call up Microsoft and have them remove the game from your achievement list.

mailmanchris
09-29-2008, 09:14 AM
and... if you did have a RRoD or upgrade to a bigger HDD, you can move DRM licensing using xbox.com. It can take a while to do, but it does work.

xbox.com has the info on how...