PDA

View Full Version : Confirmed: How to get expert rank online

HotShotX
09-22-2008, 12:45 PM
After weeks of frustration, hours of play, and absolutely no f-ing help from Activision or the Internet, I've just achieved Expert Rank online, gotten my last achievement for this game, and have quickly put it away, forever.

First, let's get a few things out of the way regarding this:

1. Your rank for the "offline" achievement is stored on your 360, and is entirely separate from your online rank (the 0-30 rank).
2. After each game, your "offline" rank for this achievement is NOT automatically saved, even with autosave turned on.
3. The achievement takes into account EVERY game you played online, player or ranked, and a long streak of losses will be neigh impossible to overcome (which is part of the reason you never see those at the top of the leaderboards with the achievement, but absurd amounts of wins or money).

Here's how to get this achievement:

1. Start a new profile.
2. Play nothing but ranked games online*

*Search specifically for a ranked texas hold 'em game, no limit, sit & go, $100 starting chips, it does not matter the amount of money you win, only the number of hands you win/players put away. $100 in chips makes the games go very fast and causes other players to be pretty stupid since they get frustrated that they aren't playing for thousands of dollars in fake money.

3. If you win the game, back out to Career Mode, Continue Career, save your game, go back to ranked, search again.

4. If you lose the game, back out to Dashboard, reload the last save, try again (you can probably just back out to load a new profile, but I was extra careful).

I finally earned the achievment after winning about 20 games using this method, and in all took only about 7-10 hours, but I hardly won consistently, better players will be able to earn this quicker.

The major point to remember is that the achievement is tied to a high hand winning percentage. Meaning, that an old player who has won 5000 out of 25000 hands will have a harder time getting the achievement than someone who has won 200 out of 250.

Good luck for everyone still seeking this achievement and finding little help, as for me, I'm trading away this shit immediately. Good riddance.

PS: Earning the final rank will take about twice as long as it did to earn the first four (which goes by pretty quickly), so don't get discouraged when ranking up takes a sudden turn for the slow.

~HotShotX

Brethran
10-08-2008, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the tip, I will try it this way.

S1C TRIGGER
05-09-2009, 07:11 PM
if anyone would like to try this msg me ill help GT; S1C TRIGGER

davhuit
02-22-2010, 10:54 AM
Just wanted to say it if it can be useful to some peoples that I got the "expert online rank" through playing "World Series Events" (so in Carrer Mode), though my 360 was connected to xbox live so I think it somehow because of that.

I was in "professional rank" since a while ("23 - Semi Pro" online rank) and when I finished an Ohama tournament (it was probably the 15th tournament won or something like that), the achievement got unlocked.