PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Novice Achievement Glitch????

grandamgtrydr94@aol.com
09-22-2008, 08:10 PM
Ok, so i have completed 8 or 9 challenges on expert and this achievement hasn't popped for some reason. I completed 4 challenges by myself. I then got half way through another challenge and then saved it, it now says that that challenge is "pending". I then had a buddy come over and we completed 4 or 5 other challenges, myself on guitar, my buddy on bass (both playing expert). I should have only need 5 Challenges to get this achievement. I'm wondering if this is a glitch or if it is because I still have a "pending" challenge. If anyone can shed some light on this, that would be great. I can't play for a few days and this is gonna bother the hell out of me if dont figure it out : (

TwistedFate
09-22-2008, 08:15 PM
It's not the Pending, I got all all the way to Savant with 1 set pending.

First manually check your Achievement list and make sure you didn't get it and just missed the alert.

If that isn't it, look at your completed challenges and make sure they all have X above them indicating they were completed on Expert.

If it's neither of those then I'm out of ideas.

grandamgtrydr94@aol.com
09-22-2008, 11:56 PM
Checked my gamercard and I definietly didn't get it :mad:. Every challenge has an "X" for expert.....hmmm.....does it matter if any of the challenges were created from DLC??? Does playing by yourself not count?? Any other suggestions?

TwistedFate
09-23-2008, 12:04 AM
Checked my gamercard and I definietly didn't get it :mad:. Every challenge has an "X" for expert.....hmmm.....does it matter if any of the challenges were created from DLC??? Does playing by yourself not count?? Any other suggestions?

Nope a challenge is a challenge, some of mine are DLC challenges (I think). I played all of mine solo, so that's not it.

grandamgtrydr94@aol.com
09-23-2008, 08:57 PM
Ok, so I did finally get this achievement, but I got it on my 8th challenge. I then got the Challenge Master Achievement on my 13th challenge. So for some reason 3 Challenges I did, didnt count. Weird!

Moo
09-24-2008, 07:42 PM
Do you realize that you gave out your email address to the whole Internet?

sharonoagain
09-24-2008, 10:51 PM
or at least to 21,000+ of his closest friends here on the boards. :p

TooMuchCowbell
09-24-2008, 10:54 PM
Do you realize that you gave out your email address to the whole Internet?
Good thing he only has 3 posts.

And DLC challenges do count, I only have one though, The Who Challenge.

Link2430
09-29-2008, 09:18 PM
Ok, so I did finally get this achievement, but I got it on my 8th challenge. I then got the Challenge Master Achievement on my 13th challenge. So for some reason 3 Challenges I did, didnt count. Weird!

I had a similar issue, but I found out that if you don't beat the challenges with the instrument your gamertag is signed into you won't get credit for it. I started on drums, then switched to guitar. Needless to say, I didn't sign out of my profile with drums and put it on guitar I just picked up the guitar and started playing.

So make sure your GT is assigned the instrument you are using for the challenges or it wont work.