PDA

View Full Version : peoples thoughts ?

si701
09-22-2008, 10:57 PM
what ya think of it if already playing it ?

Bax x360a
09-24-2008, 09:45 AM
Haven't got it yet so can't comment. What are YOUR thoughts on the game seeing you've played it? Worth purchasing? Rent?

Blackhawk
09-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Maybe worth a rent but defiantly not worth a buy. I'll probably be trading it back in.

vultu
09-24-2008, 04:45 PM
CRAP! ABSOLUTE CRAP!

Man this game is horrible!

Looks like a PS2 title, the graphics is worst than Sega Rally, the car dont turn is the screen that turn, after Pure, released a game like that is a shame.

Sorry guys for the bad news but now I understand why this game dont have a Demo on Xbox Live.

I was playing yesterday, isnt very difficult to win but the game sux.

rx32degrepber
09-24-2008, 04:56 PM
havent got a ton of time to play it yet but it seems ok....graphics are not all that good but i wouldnt say the game sucks

DaNlUk
09-24-2008, 09:16 PM
i dont see why people rate on graphics it should be how the game plays and also the grpahics i have seen are amazing better then most racing games yet and also better then the ps3 graphics fo the game shown on gametrailers.com, also bax x360a add my tag DaNlUk ill let you no what i think of the game on friday when it is the uk release and also if you go buy it could do some races online

Nicademus
09-25-2008, 03:51 AM
THQ is showing that they are REALLY good at releasing good game screens. You don't get the same sensation while you are playing it as you do when you watch the videos or images they have posted on game news sites.

I just got bored with the game really.

I don't know how you can compare Sega Rally and Pure to this. Those two games had style and, and I thought Sega Rally looked great. And with Pure, those levels aren't too big, but they have the illusion of being big. Both those games are racers in a "tube", whereas this game is like MX vs ATV and should be judged as such I would say.

Up close, many of the textures look really low-res. But sometimes you see cracks in the pavement, and rocks in the dirt. But it really feels like all this ground was meant for a flight sim, to be seen far away but never seen up close.

Granted, this game is pushing a LOT of bushes and there is a HUGE draw distance, and the trucks look shiny in the menu, but the whole thing overall feels cheap and shallow.

IMAMEX
09-25-2008, 06:32 AM
I just played it today for the first time. It's okay. I mean I'm not far enough in the game to really tell all too much from it. I think the gameplay is fun though.

Darth Cuda
09-25-2008, 08:08 AM
This title is great. I think everyone is comparing it to pure and SEGA rally because there isn't a game to really compare this to except maybe dirt. This is a title i have been waiting for since i got my 360. I love CORR and off road style races. My favorite game is still 4X4 evolution 2. If this game is lacking anywhere its only because the developer didn't give this game a large budget because everyone is renting it and saying how much it sucks. If more people supported games like this they would be better. As far as gameplay goes i haven't had one glitch (other than it "Giving" me 2 ach i didn't really earn but would have eventually earned). The game is smoother than alot of others i have played, the graphics are acceptable (but not stellar) and the environment is huge. Before you judge this game give it a chance for what it is and don't judge it for what it is not.

BrassBallz
09-26-2008, 04:22 PM
This is a great game. The menu system lacks polish but the core gameplay is great. It has the realism of Forza with DiRT style driving, but the cars handle much better than in DiRT. With a little practice, I was able to place first without too much difficulty. It's definitely not "easy" but it's not super hard either. Graphics are not Bioshock quality but they are as good as Forza or DiRT and the frame rate is rock solid. I think I'll be buying this one.

Darth Cuda
09-27-2008, 07:33 AM
This is a great game. The menu system lacks polish but the core gameplay is great. It has the realism of Forza with DiRT style driving, but the cars handle much better than in DiRT. With a little practice, I was able to place first without too much difficulty. It's definitely not "easy" but it's not super hard either. Graphics are not Bioshock quality but they are as good as Forza or DiRT and the frame rate is rock solid. I think I'll be buying this one.

That's exactly what i meant this is a great game i wish more people could see it. I have been challenged more on this game than eithier one of those and i do have both and i have finished career mode on them.

ONEBADJEEP
09-28-2008, 03:04 PM
I like this game. Being from Arizona I recognize alot of the terrain and have actually driven a lot of the trails (there not the exact trails but look similar). The game does have a bit of a learning curve but after 30 minutes you get the hang of blasting through the corners with the e-brake and berms. The game is a lot of fun and I think the graphics are great. The multiplayer is okay but with no lobby system it's tough to get into a ranked match with friends. If you like arcade style racing where you just grab a car and slide through corners you won't like this game. If you like the technical aspect of racing with car setup and actually driving the car then this game is for you.

Suki
09-28-2008, 11:04 PM
well im from the uk and have no insterest in baja at all but i do have an interesrt in racing and this is one good racing game , do not buy this for the graphics they stink compared to say pure but its much deeper and much bigger, and it has fantasticly large vistas with great scope for adventure and very exciting racing its twitchy and a little uncomprimising and unpredictable but its ment to be, im lovin it

jeffy777
09-29-2008, 05:52 AM
this is one good racing game , do not buy this for the graphics they stink compared to say pure but its much deeper and much bigger, and it has fantasticly large vistas with great scope for adventure and very exciting racing its twitchy and a little uncomprimising and unpredictable but its ment to be, im lovin it

Well said: my thoughts exactly :)

Foodstamp
10-03-2008, 12:36 AM
i got it from gamefly after release and love it not the best looking game but fun to play once you know how to drive these vehicles....its not your normal racing game