PDA

View Full Version : Singing to your own tunes

JoeCool7835
09-23-2008, 02:32 AM
According to IGN, players could hook up a Zune or iPod and sing to their own tunes in Lips. My question is, will it also allow people to use tracks that are stored on the 360 Hard Drive? I don't have an MP3 player, but I have almost 600 songs on my Hard Drive. It'd be a shame not to be able to use them in that game.

MartiniKiss
09-24-2008, 12:03 AM
im pretty sure the harddrive thing would work
but my question is how would you put a music video on there?

xENVxGAMERSKREW
10-23-2008, 01:16 AM
the hardrive yeah should be a given the mvid dunno about that would like to know too

IIMF DoomII
10-24-2008, 03:56 AM
im pretty sure the harddrive thing would work
but my question is how would you put a music video on there?

When you upload your own songs there is no music video, but there is a visualizer behind the lyrics like the one in itunes.

[M]ike
10-30-2008, 05:18 PM
I also wondered about lyrics and such, aren't the songs in the set list programmed into the game so there's timing and pitch etc. So how will your own songs work? And surely to get 100% you'd use a song with no words xD Many questions :P

OzzieDreamer
10-30-2008, 10:11 PM
I am going to try to use my usb stick as I don't have a Zune or Ipod. Is the game going to be able to get the lyrics and pitch from those songs? If so, my friends are gonna love this one!

KSizzle
11-13-2008, 02:04 PM
Im def. gonna try this.........Im loading mine up with some Pearl Jam and Pink Floyd....

master_shake_350
11-13-2008, 02:33 PM
Hmmmmm! This game could be interesting after all!

ConorMullarky
11-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I dunno if i read this or just imagined it, but dont you need a certain file format to sing your own songs? or is it just .mp3 and .AAC's and whatnot?

KSizzle
11-15-2008, 03:24 AM
I dunno if i read this or just imagined it, but dont you need a certain file format to sing your own songs? or is it just .mp3 and .AAC's and whatnot?

Im hoping its just .mp3 then I can simply transfer a bunch of songs off of my ipod...

dm master
11-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Why is there a tracklist if you can use your own songs?

Taker447
11-16-2008, 03:58 PM
Why is there a tracklist if you can use your own songs?
because it would be useless in releasing a game that has nothing on it. Plus in some cases people might not have a mp3 to put songs onto the game. So this way they have some songs to sing.

All this is, is a singstar game but on the 360 with the added featrue of being able to add what ever songs you wish.

willbedone05
11-18-2008, 05:05 AM
That whole use your own song will probably use freestyle mode.:confused:

Adasi
11-21-2008, 09:58 PM
Having played it for a while i can safely say this feature is a dea horse and i bought it - sure it's nice to put your own songs on their but there's no lyrics and the game doesn't recognise them in theosng so if you stick a 10min song on and just hum for 10 mins straihgt and do the arm motions to set off the star thing you'll rack up shit loads of stars in no time....

shame really - this could have really been something!

jobys
11-22-2008, 06:38 PM
You can plug your ipod in via one of the USB ports. You can also use music off your PC by WMC or TVersity. It also picks up songs off your hard drive.

And yes, you could hum through the whole thing for 10 mins.. But if you've bought it, you've not bought it to do that... Just get loads of people round, lots of beer and have a larf.

chronovore
11-23-2008, 07:03 AM
Does the feature work pretty well? I mean, your own tracks have no data for what is "hit" or "miss" in them, so the game just accepts any input, right?

Stufin135
11-23-2008, 12:21 PM
Does the feature work pretty well? I mean, your own tracks have no data for what is "hit" or "miss" in them, so the game just accepts any input, right?
True but it has some sort of idea i think because you did still get the rankings of cool and good. These rankings also only happened when the phrase of lyrics finished for me so i don't know if it was just a co-inscendance or not.