PDA

View Full Version : Lost all your saved data? Find out how to get it back!

noddegamra
09-23-2008, 11:20 AM
Castle Crashers - Lost all your save game data? - The dreaded bug!

THERE IS A WAY TO GET IT BACK! :)

I don't know if this has been posted around here before. I had a look around but I could only find people who lost their data. So sorry if this is a sort of duplicate post.

A lot of people here have gone into the game and realised that their characters and all their items have disappeared. Everything is back to level 1. Well, I came accross a way to get it back! All of it!

If you go into the game and find all your stuff reset/lost, exit the character select screen back to the main menu. Do NOT start a game or you will never get it back! Now, once you are back to the Castle Crashers main menu, sign out of your profile. Now sign back in.

When you go to the character select screen you will see that all your stuff is back! - works for me every time!

I hope this helps a lot of you who keep losing data. The game developers said they are working hard on a fix for this, but it may take a few weeks until this happens. So hopefully, this will help you for the time being! :)

Wollz
09-23-2008, 11:28 AM
Yea this has been posted before but at least you tried:):):)

APX
09-24-2008, 02:55 AM
Well apparently people don't understand how to do it since they continue to post threads about.

"ZOMG I LOST MY DATA, WTF?! QQQQQQQQ"

Chaosflare
09-24-2008, 03:02 AM
Hell, if it weren't for all the threads popping up about it, I wouldn't have been prepared for when it did happen. xP

Also, this is guaranteed to happen when you place your HDD on a console other than the one you normally use. xP

noddegamra
09-24-2008, 12:44 PM
I have my gamer profile and some saves on a memory card. When I play on my xbox360 at home the data is fine, but when I play on my girlfriends xbox360 I get the data loss bug EVERY time.

I'd advise people to get the game regardless of the bug, as this workaround works every time. The reason I recommend people get it? Well, it's probably the best game on the arcade! I actually play this more than my retail games. lol

darkenednight
09-24-2008, 06:53 PM
I got the bug too, playing on my second x-box.

Here's a step by step ...really:
Sign-in on the Dashboard.
Boot up Castle Crashers.
Check player statistics.
If the levels show one, sign-out right there, and sign back in.
Check player progress.
Your levels will be there.

The reason behind this is the fact that your levels and characters are stored online. With your account moving its hard to recognize your data from another location. Re-signing in shows exactly where your data is at.

noddegamra
09-25-2008, 11:03 AM
I hope they fix it soon. Whilst it's good there's a fix, I prefer seamless non-buggy play :)

darkenednight
09-26-2008, 07:37 PM
Don't we all? It sucks that the world doesn't work like that.

VinasErgoth
09-30-2008, 01:50 AM
Worked wonders for my friend. Should be stickied so that all can refer to it.