PDA

View Full Version : 3 Red Rings (Ring Of Death)

DCS 23
09-23-2008, 02:37 PM
one of my friends recently got the Ring of death so instead of doin what most people do and contact microsoft he takes it apart and believes he can fix it himself also by doin this i belive his warranty has now become void..

everybody i know who has had it has recieved a new console..

so is it possible to fix the ring of death?

Shadow Fba
09-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Depending on the problem its possible. There are a few vids up on youtube that show you how to fix it.

onimod13
09-23-2008, 03:35 PM
The Red Ring of Death (RROD) syndrome can be a common problem and can render your console unusable. Indicative of a hardware failure, no one wants to see three flashing red lights around the power switch and it could mean your Xbox 360 has serious issues. However, this kit can solve the problem for you. Designed for use a single Xbox 360 machine, this kit from Team Xecuter contains the screwdrivers and heatpads that you need to get your 360 working again. Correctly use the kit and you could be seeing the end of those three worrisome red LEDs on the front of your console. Unusually, you donít need to be a professional to make a good repair job with this kit!

This was taken from info regards team executers RROD Reapir Kit.

Not sure on whether i can post you the link or not so if needs be contact me and ill send you it.

Jdm
09-24-2008, 03:03 AM
one of my friends recently got the Ring of death so instead of doin what most people do and contact microsoft he takes it apart and believes he can fix it himself also by doin this i belive his warranty has now become void..

everybody i know who has had it has recieved a new console..

so is it possible to fix the ring of death?

Once you break those hologram MS seals, it automatically voids your warranty. Instead of taking it apart and attempting to repair it, your friend should have just called MS.

In very rare cases, does MS actually send you back a brand new 360. 90% of the time, MS would send you back a refurbished 360 that has been repaired.

In my opinion, it's hard to render exactly what the problem is that causes the RRoD, as it is a general hardware failure. There are tools and other methods out there that may temporarily fix the problem, but don't be surprised if the RRoD resurfaces.

Hypnotik Andrew
09-24-2008, 03:13 AM
yikes I've never gotten the red ring of death (thank goodness)(knocks on wood) your friend should of called microsoft.

First Spectre
09-24-2008, 03:22 AM
OMG, I did the same thing with my first Xbox. I didn't want to fix it. I just wanted to look inside. I know I was dumb.

EnterTheFray
09-24-2008, 05:01 AM
he could try this ? some dude posted it in another thread on another site. take no credit

http://www.x-clamp-fix.com/catalog/product_info.php?info=p5_X-Clamp-Fix-DIY-Kit.html