PDA

View Full Version : Completing Levels Without Dying?

shiningcheese
09-13-2006, 04:33 PM
Is it damn near impossible to pass the levels without dying? I mean, the first levels aren't that bad, but some of them are too hard to pass through without a single death. Also, I am not that far into the game but I was wondering if there is anyway to get more than just 4 hearts?

Schloob
09-13-2006, 04:36 PM
A couple of us mentioned it in another thread, but you can go into the extras menu and turn off the progressive difficulty and still get the achievement. Once I did this I have been able to get 5 of the first 6 levels, tha darn level 5 is bugging me though for this one. Good luck.

rdrunr89
09-14-2006, 07:28 PM
FYI...you can do the levels in Free Play mode once you have it unlocked and just race to the end and still get the "perfect" level achievement. I know its cheap but it works. =)

TheMollywhopper
09-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Quote:Originally Posted by IMportdreams95
ok everyone., im not done with the game yet, just started. but i found some helpful info. there is a character you can unlock ( Ben Kenobi Ghost ) he is 1.1 million and is invisable, cant die.. if you go thru level 1 you can get 100,000 - 200,000 "coins" depending on the characters you have unlocked. it will help you complete the levels without dieing.

Wreckon Dracgon
09-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Just to echo what Mollywhopper just said it is much easier to go through the game in freeplay mode to get the achievements for not dying. I just whipped through the first level on Free Play as Darth Maul. His lightsaber deflects gun attacks and he has force powers making it easy to rip off doors and such to hidden areas. I was able to find five of those ship pieces and earned over 200,000 coins with him on the Secret Plans level. Only takes a couple minutes so you can get they 1.1 million you need for the Ben Kenobi's Ghost pretty quickly.

Also The Emperor is only 275,000 and is kick ass.

P1NSEEKER
09-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Is it definately possible to unlock achievements with Ben kenobis ghost?

Tron
09-15-2006, 11:33 AM
yup..he is a playable character...

he unlocks legitimately after you beat episode 6

Wreckon Dracgon
09-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Anyone know how to get or when Darth Vader unlocks. You can clearly see he is there along side Yoda in the character selection at the Cantina.

Reech
09-15-2006, 02:54 PM
Get him at the end of the game I believe.

Tron
09-15-2006, 05:53 PM
Darth Vadar unlocks on the last level of Episode VI.

G4M3RC0P
09-16-2006, 06:28 PM
I've read that the ghost ben cannot attack. If that's true, could you still get the undefeated achievement with levels with bosses like on cloud city?

IMportdreams95
09-16-2006, 06:35 PM
I've read that the ghost ben cannot attack. If that's true, could you still get the undefeated achievement with levels with bosses like on cloud city?

I explaned this in another thread
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9355

but basically you have to "Jedi Attack" A,A,X that will work. You can also you the force to stun them then attack. and on the bosses you can you him and kill them. sometimes it takes a little brain power, its not a walk in the park. but it helps having him.

purg3
09-18-2006, 04:47 AM
Quote:Originally Posted by IMportdreams95
ok everyone., im not done with the game yet, just started. but i found some helpful info. there is a character you can unlock ( Ben Kenobi Ghost ) he is 1.1 million and is invisable, cant die.. if you go thru level 1 you can get 100,000 - 200,000 "coins" depending on the characters you have unlocked. it will help you complete the levels without dieing.

Thanks for the info, this should make things much easier when i go for those achievements :)

REfan001
09-19-2006, 01:34 AM
has anyone gotten the ones for the vehicle levels? Those are impossible, you die like every 5 seconds.

NevEP
09-19-2006, 01:42 AM
REfan, try using the Falcon as much as possible, try to take care of the turrents from a distance. Don't worry about anything BUT beating the level without getting killed. If you see your health is low, you can typically fly back to a part closer to the beginning to find some more health. I haven't started on them yet, but I got killed only once in the Falcon Escape level while working on Minikits.

Wreckon Dracgon
09-19-2006, 10:06 AM
has anyone gotten the ones for the vehicle levels? Those are impossible, you die like every 5 seconds.

They are tough as hell. I only know one person that has even completed a couple of those and they used the ship that you get after completing the game 100%. I'm currently at about 93% so hopefully by weeks end I'll be at 100% and can give it a try with that ship, because these are a pain.

diablocon
09-19-2006, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I used the ship you get for 100%ing the game to get 2 of them (Falcon Flight and Death Star II).

Another tip is to keep on doing barrel rolls (A and either left or right). They cause you to swerve out of the way and take no damage in the process.

Tron
09-19-2006, 12:34 PM
if you put the extra "tractor beam" on it should f up the guys behind you.

Wreckon Dracgon
09-19-2006, 12:38 PM
But can you turn the tractor beam on and still get the achievements?

P1NSEEKER
09-19-2006, 01:52 PM
I doubt it, i think it counts as an extra.

shiningcheese
09-22-2006, 03:57 PM
On the first death star level (Episode IV, Chapter 6) I used the snowspeeder to do the level. Its funny because you are such a small target, you rarely get hit. I beat it without dying on the first try with the snow speeder.

The Asteroid level (Episode V, Chapter 3 [i think]) I switched between the TIE interceptor, which has a very powerful gun, and the snow speeder. The snow speeder again, makes you a small target and its easier to maneuver around. I used the TIE interceptor in the beginning where you have to shoot the 16 turrets because the interceptor takes them out very efficiently. Then the remainder of the level i used the snowspeeder. no special tactics, just flying straight through, only shooting/torpedoing necessary targets.

Hoth (Episode V, Chapter 1) is probably the only tough vehicle level in that you have to constantly dodge laser attacks and those little black droids are annoying as f*ck. But my best advice to you is to just know the level well enough to just blow through it as fast as possible, not worrying about minikits, true jedi, etc. And at the end, where you have to kill certain waves of enemies, the first 2 waves just go around the area (shaped like a big circle) killing the specific targets, picking up dropped health. But if no health is around, shoot the rocks for hearts. On the 3rd and 4th wave, attatch yourself to the AT-ATs (big mofos) and just circle around them, shooting as you go around... killing other enemies. Don't be shy about detatching and picking up health from defeated enemies. I know this still isn't easy but thats the strategy that I used, only took me 2 tries this way.

Lastly, on the second death star level (Episode VI, Chapter 6) I used the TIE interceptor the entire level. The beginning part where you have to blow up the Star Destroyers is just a test of your skill on killing the ships as fast as possible. If you are around one of the Star Destroyers and no Tie fighters carrying the torpedoes aren't around, just go to the next ship, they'll eventually spawn and you can go back to the skipped star destroyer. On the second part, when you're actually in the death star i kinda cheaped out and held down X, and constantly did barrel rolls the entire way. Until the final room where you shoot the panels on the walls and finally the center... I just flew around in a circle killing enemies and collecting needed health until the enemies dwindled a little and shot the panels and the center. Then you fly out unharmed (assuming you don't get caught in the fire). That method took me 3 tries.

Even though these tips wont make the achievements a cakewalk, its still a helluva lot easier than doing it 100% legit.

Pantera Opeth
09-23-2006, 10:04 PM
Has anyone tried using say Invincibility or any other extra all the way up until the end of the level, then turn it off? I'm sure it will still disable the achievement.. but worth a shot if no one has tried

NevEP
09-23-2006, 11:43 PM
I don't think it'll work because I had 2x on when I started a level, I immediately turned it off, and at the end, I didn't get the achievement.

Pantera Opeth
09-24-2006, 07:29 AM
I don't think it'll work because I had 2x on when I started a level, I immediately turned it off, and at the end, I didn't get the achievement. Yeah I tried it out.. It didn't give the achievement when having the cheats on before starting a level, but now that I think of it, I wonder if you turn it on after you start then turn it off before you finish if it'd realize the change and deactivate the achievements.

Monsterbox
09-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Yeah I tried it out.. It didn't give the achievement when having the cheats on before starting a level, but now that I think of it, I wonder if you turn it on after you start then turn it off before you finish if it'd realize the change and deactivate the achievements.

Unfortunately, it won't work. I tried it on Rebel Attack. I turned on Invince after starting the level and turned it off before the "zone change" into the trench and still didn't get the achievement. So no, it doesn't work.

nismo4life
09-25-2006, 05:29 PM
FYI...you can do the levels in Free Play mode once you have it unlocked and just race to the end and still get the "perfect" level achievement. I know its cheap but it works. =) Try that on the 2nd to last level against the emperor.