PDA

View Full Version : Setlists in BWT = PISSED?

xYx VeNoM xYx
09-24-2008, 06:03 AM
OK, SO let me explain to everyone while i'm pissed and someone may have an answer for this insanity.... In BWT, I generally dont always have my band members to play w/ so I sometimes just play guitar by myself...

My Process for BWT has been to completely finish one city, all venues and gigs before moving to another city.

I was in Chicago or Montreal.

There was a setlist... Consisting of 5 songs... it wasnt a Mystery set or Make a set... it was one of the stupid sponsored ones like MTV or Harmonix... Well I start the gig, up pops a challenge stating the press has been talking blah blah... Basically I have no star power to use during the setlist... No problem.... I get 24/25 stars on the setlist... the money was like 15,000 some odd change.... But then it says BIGGEST GIG EVER under the fan tally and it starts tallying up the fans and says YOU LOST 550,000 some odd number of fans... I was at 700,000 something thousand before... Why did I lost all those fans... is it b/c i only got 24 stars instead of the 25... or what.... anyway the game saved im down to 189,000 fans and very, very pissed off b/c the venue is now blacked out saying 24/25 stars...

Can some please explain this...

zdarko43
09-24-2008, 06:17 AM
i really don't know, because i did that one, but at first it ssaid i gained 125,000 fans, then it told me i lost 220,000 or something odd like that..

i dont know if they base if off of performance or maybe the difficulty of the songs once you have gotten so far?... but i played like 3 more sets then got the 1 million fans anyways so i rly dont care if i lose more fans but it never explained why i lost fans immediately after being rewarded some... but it was definitely nothing as severe as urs... that sux man!

nightmare975
09-24-2008, 06:21 AM
I've been not doing those for that reason.

I'm pissed at the roadie rock down, it ALWAYS gives me some song I can't beat. Shockwave, One of the two Police songs I can't beat, The Who songs I can't beat, GREEN FUCKING GRASS AND HIGH FUCKING TIDES..etc.

xYx VeNoM xYx
09-24-2008, 06:28 AM
OK... We'll im glad im not alone just pissed it took 90% of my fans.... I mean that is BS if thats the case i'm gonna start playing on easy, b/c some of those setlists require you to play the next highest difficulty from what your WT has been on ex. Easy requires you to play medium on some setlist, Medium requires Hard on some.... Hell I can five star any medium song w/ easy but this is just b/s... I'll restart and play on easy if this is how the BWT plays out...

Matrarch
09-24-2008, 07:12 AM
The gig you're talking about grants you a huge fan bonus if you get 5 stars or better with no Overdrive. It adds an encore, so I'm not sure if only the encore song is used or the whole setlist. I got the same thing earlier and lost over 5,000,000 fans. ;_; The venue's blacked out since you no longer meet the minimum requirement to have it open.

It's not too bad, since fans are fairly easy to reacquire (especially after you reach 1,000,000), but ouch. The OD based ones are the only bonus things I avoid. 5 stars without OD on challenging setlists is a real pain!

ILoveAztecChick
09-24-2008, 09:19 AM
It could be because of the staff member you hired. Each staff member has different benefits and drawbacks. There is probably one that negatively affects how many fans you get.

xCOBRAx
09-24-2008, 09:30 AM
too drunk to bother to read everyone elses reply but did you consider that whatever the "blah blah blah challenge message you got" said something to the extent of " if you dont get 5 star average you will lose double fans"

The gig you're talking about grants you a huge fan bonus if you get 5 stars or better with no Overdrive.

if you can do this i will send everyone a cookie. Ive gotten multiple of these setlists, i blieve one was with you and even with a 98+ its impossible to get 5* w/o overdrive

sharonoagain
09-24-2008, 10:03 AM
We never take the "no overdrive" challenges. Not that we can't get 5* on a song but between my singing and the kids playing, someone somehow is going to forget or trigger overdrive on accident. Talk about having a war in the house ... we all decided to keep peace (and our sanity) it would be better to never accept those kind of challenges.

xCOBRAx
09-24-2008, 10:10 AM
im telling you what sharon, it doesnt matter if your kids were gods gift to rock band all 3 of you could get 100% on expert and not get 5*...its literally impossible w/o overdrive...btw you either have to get up at some ungodly hour for work or are up way to late!

sharonoagain
09-24-2008, 10:21 AM
LOL, I'm up for work. I get up at 5:30 on school days. We all have to leave by 7 and two of us are not morning people.

I'm gonna test that theory tonight. You are probably right but, dang, why put in an absurd challenge we can't pass?

Dex
09-24-2008, 11:13 AM
Ive gotten multiple of these setlists, i blieve one was with you and even with a 98+ its impossible to get 5* w/o overdrive
Yeah, it was with me too. The three of us got something like; 92%, 96% and 98% on expert, and only had 3 stars... on whatever song we were playing.

I think it would require 4x100% on expert to get 5 stars with zero OD.

Totally bogus.

xYx VeNoM xYx
09-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Well, the Staff member I has hired was to bring in double the fans.....

The Blah Blah portion basically stated something like "The press has been hard on you lately, saying you cant finish a song w/o overdrive. Show them you can finish w/o overdrive" Yeah sure or No Way.

To Sharon or whoever posted it... You can do it w/ the worries of not having to activate Overdrive b/c it doesnt give you overdrive notes to hit its just the sold colored notes.

Its just such a pain in the ass, I've restarted my career due to this.

Matrarch
09-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Oh, it's definitely possible to get 5 stars without OD. I managed to 5 star 3 of the 5 songs in the setlist I had with little trouble. Unfortunately, I just didn't know Pain and Pleasure (One of the Judas Priest tracks) or Ace of Spades all that well.

I think Cobra and Dex are right though. It really seems like it's impossible to get 5 stars with a band unless everyone gets 99 or 100%. Our band posted really high percentages and good streaks as well and still only 4 starred those songs.

fuzzy510
09-24-2008, 06:15 PM
If you're playing as a band, you're right; it's damn near impossible to get 5 stars without overdrive because the cutoffs are designed with massive overdrive bonuses in mind. Solo though, it's definitely not as impossible as some people may think.

lostmotiv
09-24-2008, 06:16 PM
ya i just recently did one of those biggest gigs ever... it was make a set list for 3 songs then it adds on another song at the end. It was 5 star every song without star power to gain fans or you lose a crazy amount i finished on expert with 19/20 stars so i shut the xbox off so it couldn't steal my fans away.

JohnnyR74
09-25-2008, 01:21 AM
I lost about 770K fans on a setlist one time. Although I did get $200 out of it. :p

wazz1
09-25-2008, 08:13 PM
yeah, its really not that hard when youre solo, idk why everyones whining. i did the 5* expert no o/d setlist and got it easily with like 97/98/99% on the songs. Had 900k fans before, was going for the 1mil achievement, so i wondered if i would get it and then it said "Fans Gained: 1,220,000 / Biggest. Show. Ever." now i have 2.2 mil :D

sharonoagain
09-26-2008, 03:45 AM
LOL! Just did this on my own, a 4 song setlist on Expert Vox, 5* each song with no Overdrive. We just reached out million fan achievement tonight so I wasn't worried about the kids being too bummed when they found out I lost all the fans we worked so hard for.

My setlist included Almost Easy, Chop Suey, I Get By and Ace of Spades '08. I got 100%/100%/98% (frackin' Honest Bob)/100% ... earned $6400 and 4.5 million fans!! :eek:

I was sweatin' but what a rush!! Thanks, Venom, for letting me know that the OD activations don't even show up. That eased my mind quite a bit. I like how they do that ... it would suck to hit it on accident.

Maybe someday I can get the kids to try it with me to test the band theory but I'm happy with this for now. :woop: