PDA

View Full Version : Unable to Download!

TheSneakyKnight
09-24-2008, 11:27 AM
WTF!? I'm gutted. Ive been looking forward to this game since it was announced, only to find out that once it's here I'm unable to download it.

I've never had an issue with downloading arcade games before but with this one it says: Unable to download content in your current location.

So the situation is.
I have my settings so my locale is United Kingdom
But since buying my Xbox I've moved and now live in Cyprus. (BTW there's no locale Cyprus)
I have all my setting allowing me to download any rated game.
My time setting is set to Athens GMT+2h
My contact details,Tel no. are all still my old address in UK

Is any of the above conflicting and causing problems?

Any help would be appreciated.

JASEL84
09-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Same problem but now i im in Poland. My local is in UK and i still can't download DN3d.
"Unable to download content in your current location."
Anyone knows how to solve this fu... problem?

Disc07
09-25-2008, 12:21 AM
I know this would be kind of a round about way of getting your game, but you can always make a second account (probably american would be best bet) and download it on your box with that one...

Instructions Here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=92807

aussiestatic
09-25-2008, 12:36 AM
Omg its out!

IamTheKoP
09-25-2008, 02:18 AM
Actually, there's a good chance they're blocking it due to you're IP addy. It's happened a few times with other releases :( Reasons could be licensing issues or who knows.

Side note to Jasel84, where in Poland?

TheSneakyKnight
09-25-2008, 07:21 AM
Well I was on the phone for 40 mins to xbox live support in the UK last night to see if they could help me and at the end of it he basically said it's due to the fact that xbox live is not supported in Cyprus. I find it hard to believe that this is the problem as I can download other games from marketplace and i play on live all the time!

@ Disc07: I thought about trying this but then it would involve putting more MS points on that account on the off chance it might work. I suppose i could try d/l the trial with that account that way i'm not losing anything.

@ IamTheKoP: I think that this is most likely the problem. Ive had a quick look on the internet and it looks like there's a way to hide/change your IP address. I'm gonna look into this more and see what i can do.

I'll keep you informed on my progress.

mjc0961
09-25-2008, 12:15 PM
@ Disc07: I thought about trying this but then it would involve putting more MS points on that account on the off chance it might work. I suppose i could try d/l the trial with that account that way i'm not losing anything.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think if you download the demo, you already have the full game on your hard drive. It's just locked off so you can't play it all. Every time I've downloaded a demo and decided to buy the full game, I just have to hand over my points and the game unlocks and I keep playing. It never seems to download anything else. So maybe you can try downloading the trial with your side account, and then buy it with your main.

TheSneakyKnight
09-25-2008, 01:10 PM
Well I've made myself a Canadian account, I tried an American one but the zip code on the link disc07 gave me kept coming up as unrecognized. I've managed to d/l free stuff that's only available on a Canadian account, which is nice, but still no joy d/l Duke Nukem. It's just coming up with the same problem even when i try d/l the trial.

rusty85
09-26-2008, 04:25 PM
It is not enough to create an account using a different location since Xbox Live actually checks from where you log in. You need to connect via VPN to Live.
To be able to download Duke3d from the Canadian Marketplace you need to log into a canadian VPN and then connect to Live.

TheSneakyKnight
09-26-2008, 04:26 PM
any idea how to do that?!

rusty85
09-26-2008, 05:50 PM
I've never tried to do this (not worth the hasse imho), but I will try to post a translation of a german how-to:

What you need:
Xbox 360 and Live Account (US, UK, FR, AT) PC with 2 network ports (2xLAN or 1xLAN+1xWLAN) a fast internet connection

Preparation
Connect your PC to your router and your Xbox to your PC.

1. register and activate a free account at http://www.your-freedom.net/index.php?id=home
2. download the client from that your-freedom.net
3. download the newest OpenVPN-client from http://openvpn.net/index.php
4. install both, run your-freedom-client and click continue till you are able to select a server. Select the server you like best, just make sure it is not located in Germany(DE)
5. enter your account-info, save and exit
6. run OpenVPN (notice the small icon in your tray)
7. your-freedom-client go to ports and select UDP. Do the same in OpenVPN but don't change the port
8. restart your-freedom-client

Setup your network
1. open the windows network-installation assistent
2. setup a new home-network
3. you should see at least 3 connections (1 PC-to-Router, 1 Xbox-to-PC, 1 your VPN connection)
4. choose the VPN connection as your connection to the internet, continue and finish the assistant

Setup your 360
Here are some example-settings:
Xbox-IP: 192.168.0.2
Subnetmask: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1
Primary DNS: 81.169.172.219 (this one is important, use exactly this IP)
Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0

Almost done
1. Run Your Freedom
2. Wait till OpenVPN is connected
3. Start your Xbox

As you can see it is complicated and time-consuming and if you are lazy like me you will probably never try it :D

TheSneakyKnight
09-26-2008, 07:44 PM
It all looks very complicated but ill see if i can get it to work and ill let you know. Thanks