PDA

View Full Version : Tug of War/Score Duel Achievements

googles99
09-24-2008, 01:41 PM
For the Score Duel and Tug of War streak there is a way to just win 5 rather than winning 5 in a row.

If you are about to lose just eject your disc

Dex
09-24-2008, 09:08 PM
For the Score Duel and Tug of War streak there is a way to just win 5 rather than winning 5 in a row.

If you are about to lose just eject your disc
You sir, are an ass. Don't encourage people to quit online matches, that's cheating.

Requesting lock. :locked

sharonoagain
09-24-2008, 10:03 PM
Not just cheating, it is total jackholery. How would you like someone to do that to you?

SebastianSB
09-25-2008, 12:22 AM
You sir, are an ass. Don't encourage people to quit online matches, that's cheating.

Requesting lock. :locked

better yet, request delete so people don't read this and decide to be the usual anonymous online assholes.

Dr. twinkletits
09-28-2008, 02:48 AM
It shouldn't even be that hard to get these now. There should be no reason to quit if your playing for fun. If you want to boost the achievments play easy vocals or easy bass with someone online. There's basically nobody online now.
P.S.... he's new, so im guessing he didn't know what was quite going on.

Noisy Neighbour
10-14-2008, 09:22 PM
Calm down people.

In guitar hero 3, you could quit out and the other person would be credited win so therefore it was accepted. The original poster (also being a new member) probabaly didnt know that when you quit out of rock band no one gets a win and all it achieves it pissing the other person off.

So instead of calling him an asshole and such, how about we rephrase our responses.

Just say "The problem is quitting out in Rock band isnt like guitar hero 3. Instead of the other player receiving a win, it just cancels the match. This only frustrates the player and makes you look like an asshole.

The best way to get the achievement without annoying anyone is to play on a lower difficulty and youll have it in no time"

See that gets exactly the same point across without scaring away new members.

TooMuchCowbell
10-14-2008, 09:55 PM
Just play normally, if you win, great. If you don't, just hit the guide button and exit straight to the dashboard at the match results screen. Other person gets their win, you get your loss, but it doesn't affect your streak.

Noisy Neighbour
10-14-2008, 10:06 PM
Just play normally, if you win, great. If you don't, just hit the guide button and exit straight to the dashboard at the match results screen. Other person gets their win, you get your loss, but it doesn't affect your streak.

You have it confused with guitar hero.

In guitar hero if you quit out they got a win and it didnt affect your streak.

Unfortunately in Rock band, although it doesnt affect your streak, the other person doesnt get their win so really its extremely frustrating when someone quites out.

SebastianSB
10-14-2008, 11:36 PM
Calm down people.

We did. About 3 weeks ago :)

TooMuchCowbell
10-14-2008, 11:46 PM
You have it confused with guitar hero.

In guitar hero if you quit out they got a win and it didnt affect your streak.

Unfortunately in Rock band, although it doesnt affect your streak, the other person doesnt get their win so really its extremely frustrating when someone quites out.
I thought once you get to the results screen you each get your win/lose, even if you quit out, because they still choose "continue". That's what I saw in some old threads. Thankfully, I got those achievements by just playing on medium, nobody plays on easy.

LeftHanded Matt
11-09-2008, 07:58 PM
This is driving me nuts. I've been trying for literally months to unlock the 5 tug of wars in a row but never manage more than four! I swear the progress bar fills up randomly, the amount of times I've had a clear lead and my opponent suddenly fills their bar completely on the last section of a song is ridiculous.