PDA

View Full Version : Vocalist 100% Expert Achievement

Dirtnose
09-24-2008, 03:48 PM
I really can't get the Vocalist achievement where you Have to 100% a song on Expert. I am no decent singer, in fact If anyone heard me sing I think there ears fall off :P - I heard it's all down to the pitch etc. Is this true? or do you have to be a decent singer?

OzzieDreamer
09-24-2008, 04:27 PM
This has been discussed already. All you have to do is sing the Beastie Boys song. Any "rap" part that just has the line going across the bottom of the line, you can sing or say anything you want. There is a youtube video of some guy reciting the declaration of independence to it and getting 100% on expert.....

Dex
09-24-2008, 09:12 PM
This has been discussed already. All you have to do is sing the Beastie Boys song. Any "rap" part that just has the line going across the bottom of the line, you can sing or say anything you want. There is a youtube video of some guy reciting the declaration of independence to it and getting 100% on expert.....
You are referring to RB2. In the RB1 forums. Nice job.

I'm aware of the BB song in RB1 as well, but the way the vocal talky part works in RB1 is completely different than the way RB2 works.

sharonoagain
09-24-2008, 10:02 PM
You do not have to be a decent singer ... but you do have to be able to hit a pitch. If you can learn to control your breathing and keep the little arrow steadily on the pitch line, you will be fine.

Above all, Practice, Practice, Practice.

BTW, a simple search of the forum will give you several threads where people have suggested which songs they have 100%ed fairly easily. Keeping in mind that it is subjective depending on your ability.

SebastianSB
09-25-2008, 12:24 AM
if you want an easy 100%, go to this link:

http://www.imeem.com/atropos/music/88BvPg3V/pixies_debaser/

listen to the song, paying close attention to how the vocalist sings the song, then download the song and try it out. I've had people do this who have NEVER sung in Rock Band before and they got 100% on their first try.

Note: The song in-game is 100% talkie parts. They're not as broken as RB2 talkies are, but they're pretty damn easy.

Dr. twinkletits
09-28-2008, 02:51 AM
blitzkreig bop... its short and its just the same thing over and over again.

Nastadon
09-28-2008, 02:57 AM
Easiest song for me was Don't Fear the Reaper and I'm a terrible singer. Try that out.

daviduk2000
10-02-2008, 04:56 PM
iv done it on When they were young and dont fear the reaper and they are supposed to be the harder ones, but i can barely do heard and they were easier for me on expert.

but if you want the free download song Still alive.

go into options turn all volumes right down, except vocal volume to full, mic volume 0 mic sensitvitty full,

then put mic to speaker while playing it that gets you 100%, i would have done this but i prefer to try try try try again, untill i think ill never get it unless i do this but i finally found songs that were easy for me. but it does work my mates done it and iv seen it, and may people have done it cause it gets you abou 150,000 score and about 400 people have that exact score on leader boards lol

makesure mic volume is 0 or you get echo loop, mic sensitivy full

Lucent Beam
10-02-2008, 04:59 PM
As long as you match the pitch, you are fine. Don't even need to sing the words.. you could just mumble along or say "La la la". Check other threads for easy songs to 100%.

sharonoagain
10-02-2008, 09:58 PM
iv done it on When they were young and dont fear the reaper and they are supposed to be the harder ones, but i can barely do heard and they were easier for me on expert.

go into options turn all volumes right down, except vocal volume to full, mic volume 0 mic sensitvitty full,

then put mic to speaker while playing it that gets you 100%, i would have done this but i prefer to try try try try again, untill i think ill never get it unless i do this but i finally found songs that were easy for me. but it does work my mates done it and iv seen it, and may people have done it cause it gets you abou 150,000 score and about 400 people have that exact score on leader boards lol

The reason so many people have that score is that it is the full score you can get on the song. Not everyone cheats the game. Many of us actually sang it to get that score.

OzzieDreamer
10-02-2008, 10:22 PM

I'm aware of the BB song in RB1 as well, but the way the vocal talky part works in RB1 is completely different than the way RB2 works.

My bad.... sorry, I didn't notice what forum I was in as I was browsing through the new posts....

frazyah
10-14-2008, 08:49 PM
There's another free download called Charlene by Steven and the Colberts thats not all that hard to 100%. Its about 2 minutes long so it shouldnt take you but 10 or 15 minutes to listen to it a few times and then get 100%. Actually, its good for all of the 100% expert achievements, if you ask me.

SebastianSB
10-14-2008, 11:47 PM
There's another free download called Charlene by Steven and the Colberts thats not all that hard to 100%. Its about 2 minutes long so it shouldnt take you but 10 or 15 minutes to listen to it a few times and then get 100%. Actually, its good for all of the 100% expert achievements, if you ask me.

Small correction: Charlene is roughly 45 seconds long.

bob150
10-14-2008, 11:52 PM
I thought it was 90 seconds

SebastianSB
10-14-2008, 11:58 PM
ah I'm retarded today >.<

just looked it up and got a result of 73 seconds.

I hear exaggerations of how short it is so often that I start thinking they're true lol

bob150
10-15-2008, 12:00 AM
Doesn't really matter how long(or short) it is, All that matters is that it's short enough to get gold stars and 100% on nay instrument.

alexgamerz
10-17-2008, 01:52 AM
Rush - YYZ "Warning: No Vocal Part"

does this mean that its all cowbell? Can I get the achievement with this song?

SebastianSB
10-17-2008, 02:10 AM

does this mean that its all cowbell? Can I get the achievement with this song?

It means no vocals period. You can't play it on vocals and I think if you''re playing as a band with a vocalist you can't play it.

JLogan27
10-17-2008, 02:16 PM

Damn, that would be sweet if this one worked!

I can't do it on anything! Charlene...nope. Stay Alive doing the speaker trick...nope. Blitzkreig Bop...lol...I can't even pass it.

SebastianSB
10-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Damn, that would be sweet if this one worked!

I can't do it on anything! Charlene...nope. Stay Alive doing the speaker trick...nope. Blitzkreig Bop...lol...I can't even pass it.

Like I said above, Debaser is by far the easiest song to 100% on expert. I've given the mic to random people who had heard the song before and even they could do it. The only time I've seen someone not 100% it was when they weren't singing loud enough for the mic to get everything.

JLogan27
10-17-2008, 03:35 PM
Like I said above, Debaser is by far the easiest song to 100% on expert. I've given the mic to random people who had heard the song before and even they could do it. The only time I've seen someone not 100% it was when they weren't singing loud enough for the mic to get everything.

I'll give it a shot.

Question: is there a huge difference between using the headset vs the microphone? I don't want to buy a mic if there is as I do not like singing but I am an achievement hound.

Xanadu17
10-17-2008, 08:40 PM
I did it on Hysteria. Just pick a song where the tone and pitch are not too difficult to emulate, and go for it

SebastianSB
10-17-2008, 09:21 PM
I'll give it a shot.

Question: is there a huge difference between using the headset vs the microphone? I don't want to buy a mic if there is as I do not like singing but I am an achievement hound.

Mic voice quality sucks but as far as I can tell it still works just fine for pitch.

Judging by how easily the multiplier sphere fills up on Debaser I'm willing to bet that its vocals work in much the same way as those in RB2, though I've never tried making random sounds in that song to see what happens.

Jay747
10-18-2008, 10:58 AM
You don't need to have an awesome voice, just being able to sing in tune and at the right pitch will allow you to ace the songs. Personally I 100% 'd Dani California, to me it was pretty easy but maybe another song will suit you better. Just breeze through them and see which one you repeatedly do best at then keep at it.

Almighty Tubsta
10-18-2008, 02:46 PM
I haven't done it myself but I think 'Snow ((Hey Oh))' would be quite easy. flat across the middle for most of it.

It's a BITCH on guitar might I add, anyone want challenge, DL it!

Mythtakes
10-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Easily Debaser for 100% vocals. Just speaking along and then tapping at the end.

CriscoDisco878
10-22-2008, 03:54 AM

hahahah made me laugh

JLogan27
10-23-2008, 08:06 PM
Easily Debaser for 100% vocals. Just speaking along and then tapping at the end.

That song worked like a charm!

PunksNotDead2k8
11-05-2008, 01:06 PM
me too.. im trying to get this achievement also.. hope to get it soon..

Ecchiban
11-06-2008, 12:39 AM
At the Gates: blinded by fear no pitch at all no broken lyrics as in CloudsoverCalifornia ; )
Its a DLC tho

EternalDamntion
11-18-2008, 09:28 AM
If after all this advice you still can't get it, download Push It by Static-X. REALLY easy on expert. I've been trying to get this achievement for MONTHS and just got it today thanks to push it.

Ridza
12-02-2008, 08:38 PM
Yep I just did it first go with Debaser by the Pixies. Not a bad song either. Tried it with Push it by Static X and got close so it's also pretty good but I found Debaser the best. It's all talkie parts but they actually seem to work properly unlike the Beastie Boys track.

xDelta07
12-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Aesthetics of Hate by Machine Head is incredibly easy on vocals. I got 100% the first time I sang it. You can even miss some of the cowbell part and still get a 100% rating.

d.palapuz
12-09-2008, 04:29 PM

i agree, though i'm kinda sick so i dont have my voice back which is why i couldnt 100% the song.. haha!
its a very easy song to 100% on every instrument in rockband..

EDIT: I tried putting the mic volume to 0 and full sensitivity, but this process wont work on getting the 100% vocals on expert..
tried it yesterday, doesn`t work..

360_Fan _
12-26-2008, 03:54 AM
iv done it on When they were young and but if you want the free download song Still alive.

then put mic to speaker while playing it that gets you 100%,

i did this a few times and i would always get 94-97% theres always one or two 'okay's from doing this speaker trick. also hurts my ears doing it cause of the volume so ill never do it again. Its only a 10 GamerScore achievement so its not worth fussing over

SebastianSB
12-26-2008, 04:26 AM
Debaser Debaser DEBASER

It couldn't possibly be easier...not 100%ing Debaser is like not 100%ing a talkie song in RB2. You'd have to be brain dead or holding your mic upside down while whispering (which would also imply being brain dead).

hezekiah
12-26-2008, 07:20 AM
It works just fine for me. Try getting some headphones so you don't have to listen to the sound as much. Getting Audacity on your computer (free) is one easy way; you can generate some white noise with that, and just set it to loop. Start the noise, start the song, wait a few minutes, *pop*.

CoruptAI125
03-11-2009, 02:16 AM

This worked like a charm for me. I was so happy when i saw it pop up after so many tries on blitzkrieg bop and only getting 98%'s

SebastianSB
03-11-2009, 03:53 AM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooold

I could understand if you were asking for help but why bump a more than three month old topic to say you got it?

Chaosflare
03-11-2009, 06:18 PM
oooooooooooooooooooooooooold

I could understand if you were asking for help but why bump a more than three month old topic to say you got it?
And you replied to extenuate. Huzzah?

So yeah. Even to this day, the speaker trick on Still Alive fails epically; and I have no cash to add to grab Debaser (nor do I like the Pixies). ._.;

Lympathia
03-28-2009, 06:10 AM
I did it with "Creep" by Radiohead

vgcollateral
03-31-2009, 12:33 PM
i sound like diying cat when i sing so lucky for me thats what the ramones sound like. so i got my 100% on blitzkrieg bop. its easy enough for most

Coadster1
04-26-2009, 07:22 PM
I would recomend "Debaser" by "Pixies."