PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions about "Oomph, Uugh, Where is it?"

Heartbeat
09-24-2008, 11:11 PM
1. Does anybody here know if this achievement is cumulative, for instance you have to find 70 secret areas across one save file or find the 16 in the first 2 levels, restart and to that 6 times?

2. Does anybody know if you play co-op, if one person finds the hidden area, does it count for everyone or not?

A 1 Phenomenal
09-24-2008, 11:37 PM
I would like to know this also. I wanna know if I can get first few and repeat so that I can then move on and then not have to worry about them and enjoy the game.

Heartbeat
09-24-2008, 11:40 PM
As it turns out, I just speed ran the first 2 levels 8 times(I can do both in about 5 minutes flat finding all 16 secrets) and no achievement. So I guess it only regesters each secret once per account... Sucks.
I can't answer that second question though.

Nevander
09-24-2008, 11:41 PM
The secrets are cumulative, you can track how many out of 70 you have by going to stats, then achievement stats. Each one counts as one, so you must find 70 different secrets, which shouldn't be hard to do with my guide I posted. Not sure about co-op though, currently doing single-player.

A 1 Phenomenal
09-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Cheers for heads up guys :)

DisturbedDan
09-25-2008, 04:14 AM
The secrets are cumulative, you can track how many out of 70 you have by going to stats, then achievement stats. Each one counts as one, so you must find 70 different secrets, which shouldn't be hard to do with my guide I posted. Not sure about co-op though, currently doing single-player.

thanks. I didn't notice the stats option but my question is why are the leaderboards inaccurate? Says i have 96 kills there but under stats it says 155. Not cool....

The Rude Noise
09-25-2008, 04:49 AM
do you maybe have 96 kills in multiplayer and 155 in single?

ThrawnOmega
09-25-2008, 04:52 AM
In co-op play, the person who found the secret gets the credit, not the whole group, I believe. I ran through a few levels, and we each got the "You found a secret" message if we found the area, but not if the other did and showed us where it was.

I have yet to 100% confirm by checking stats, but my initial answer would be only the ones you found count.:(

DisturbedDan
09-25-2008, 05:53 AM
do you maybe have 96 kills in multiplayer and 155 in single?

Nah... if you look at the option. It says the achievement name and how many kills you have.

So the second one for 250 kills, it shows it like this

See You in Hell - 155/250 kills.

Very weird... unless for some reason if people quit out of matches those don't go on the leaderboard but do count for the achievement.

[Waggly Bean]
09-25-2008, 08:43 AM
Nah... if you look at the option. It says the achievement name and how many kills you have.

So the second one for 250 kills, it shows it like this

See You in Hell - 155/250 kills.

Very weird... unless for some reason if people quit out of matches those don't go on the leaderboard but do count for the achievement.

You are correct, if the host quits out, your game ends, and your kills won't be registered to the leaderboards. Happened to me yesterday and really peed me off! :(

Not sure if it goes toward the achievement though, I haven't checked to see if my stats have a separate figure to my leaderboard figure, but I'm guessing they will be different just like yours.

Kiutu
09-25-2008, 11:15 PM
If you get a kill, it counts, regardless if Leaderboard registers it. On my leaderboard it says I have 400 something, but I have the achievement. If you want your actuall kill count, go to Help and Options, Game Stats, achievements. It will tell your actuall counted kills, along with stats for all other ones (How many enemies squishes, secrets found e.t.c)
I wish ALL games had stat things like that. It also will go beyond what you need. Like, it says I have 43/40 squished.
If you go to stats for levels, it will also tell you how many secrets out of total for each level. Theres about 200 total secrets btw, so 70/200 is not hard at all, even if you just find them casually.

the blac plague
10-05-2008, 05:26 PM
Confirmed: I just helped a friend get his 70 secrets achievement while he just sat still. So if one person finds a secret in your co-op group, everyone gets credit for it.

RRIKER
10-06-2008, 06:45 PM
I also got the achievement when one of my buddys were in a secret area (I was doing almost nothing in a big empty room). Note that not all secrets have a "You found a secret area!" message...:)

Pedle Zelnip
10-23-2008, 09:48 PM
As well as I don't think this was mentioned: if you miss a secret in a playthrough of a level, you can go back and just replay that level and get credit for the secret. On my main playthrough I was at 67/70 about halfway through episode 2, but had missed one secret on E1M1 and 2 secrets on E1M2, I then went back, played E1M1 and got the secret I missed, quit out, played E1M2, and the ach popped once I got the 2 secrets I had previously missed.

Also note you don't have to complete the level to get credit for the secret area.

Stridstiss
12-11-2008, 01:27 AM
Do you have to find the secrets in one run though? Or can you pop in and out of levels.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it.

crazychikn99
12-17-2008, 12:04 AM
you have to find 70 different ones and you must find it not your friend
you can do it in multiple saves as long as its different secrets

AcidGlowx81
01-17-2009, 11:23 PM
I had no prob finding 70 secrets as I remember alot of them from Duke Nukem 64 which although it does have some map design changes... most of them remained the same.