PDA

View Full Version : Owning two Xbox 360s

WayneDonaldson
09-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Hi All,

I was thinking of buying a 2nd Xbox 360 for upstairs for when the wife is watching crap television.

Has anyone done the same and what problems have you come across?

Will Microsoft consider me a cheat if they see me logging in to two different consoles? Is there a way to share my save games between two consoles? Is there anything else to consider?

Bulletman
09-25-2008, 08:20 AM
Just take the hard drive with you and log in upstairs with it. There shouldnt be any problems Ive logged my Hard drive around lots of different friends houses.

WayneDonaldson
09-25-2008, 08:29 AM
You know, I didn't even think of that.
So I could just buy an arcade, and bring my hard drive upstairs. Excellent.

The 120GB hard drive from the elite will work on an Arcade 360, yeah?

Bulletman
09-25-2008, 08:32 AM
Yeah of course! If it didnt you could imagine the uproar it would cause, so yeah its all good.

kantizuni
09-25-2008, 08:35 AM
That's pretty well the same as what I do. Only thing that is annoying about it is the time it takes to download your gamertag back and forth. Depends on your internet connection, but might take up to 5 minutes or so.

Ryot Control
09-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Having two 360s is great if you're looking for the convenience of not moving your systems back and forth. And if you're a little hardcore for achievements, you can literally boost by yourself if you have two monitors close by.

And it's especially important when this happens. Then you got your backup system to play on while the other one is out.
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y218/Loveless54321/DSC00984.jpg

Hayden
09-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Hi All,

I was thinking of buying a 2nd Xbox 360 for upstairs for when the wife is watching crap television.

Why don't you send her upstairs to watch crap telly and you stay downstairs :p

That's pretty well the same as what I do. Only thing that is annoying about it is the time it takes to download your gamertag back and forth. Depends on your internet connection, but might take up to 5 minutes or so.

5 minutes lol, my last account recovery in December took 2-3 hours.

Wreckon Dracgon
09-25-2008, 03:41 PM
5 minutes lol, my last account recovery in December took 2-3 hours. Isn't that the truth.

First to answer your question no MS will not consider you a cheat. You don't want to bother with recovering your gamertag. It gets to be a pain and very time consuming the higher your score becomes.

You might want to consider getting a 512 MB Memory Card. This way you can transfer your gamertag and saves easily from one 360 to another. Yes you can swap your harddrive around, but who wants to keep unplugging it.

And purchase the 512 MB memory card eventually your Gamertag alone will be too large for the standard memory card.

WalkingFumble
09-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Isn't that the truth.

First to answer your question no MS will not consider you a cheat. You don't want to bother with recovering your gamertag. It gets to be a pain and very time consuming the higher your score becomes.

You might want to consider getting a 512 MB Memory Card. This way you can transfer your gamertag and saves easily from one 360 to another. Yes you can swap your harddrive around, but who wants to keep unplugging it.

And purchase the 512 MB memory card eventually your Gamertag alone will be too large for the standard memory card.

i agree with this. i keep my profile and whatever game im playing saved to a memory card so i can go between my 2 360s or go to a friend's house to play.

Jdm
09-25-2008, 09:58 PM
I just keep swapping my HDD around. I recovered my account only once on my downstairs setup. It didn't take long, but it's still a bit of hassle.

Depending on how fast your internet speed is, you may end up lagging when using both 360's on Live. So far, I can fire up three of my 360's at the same time with no lag. Two using a direct ethernet cable to my router and the other using a MS Wireless Adapter.

roy1751
09-26-2008, 02:05 AM
Your gamertag on a memory card would be mandatory for this setup.

afunk117
09-26-2008, 03:03 AM
just keep it up there from now on. so that your wife can watch whatever and you dont have to put up with always changing the Hard Drive. plus youll lose a couple hundred bucks too.

WayneDonaldson
09-26-2008, 08:28 AM
I don't understand. Once I download my gamertag on each machine, why do I keep need to keep downloading it everytime?

Daywalker-san
09-26-2008, 09:54 AM
Buy a memory card and move the profile between the two is the simplest solution

Jetpac
09-26-2008, 10:25 AM
I don't understand. Once I download my gamertag on each machine, why do I keep need to keep downloading it everytime?

Because you can only have your gamertag downloaded on one machine at a time. its a royal pain. Thats why you would need a memory card as you can save your GT to the memory card and not have to recover it from online. :)

WayneDonaldson
09-26-2008, 11:02 AM
I think I might buy a PS3 for upstairs then. I don't see why I have to redownload stuff to the same hard drive over and over again.

So... trophies?

Hayden
09-26-2008, 11:29 AM
You do not need to keep downloading your data, But an arcade machine for upstairs and when you want to play unclip your HDD from your 360 downstairs and take it up with you, no downloading required at all.

I have a PAL elite and arcade NTSC and NTSC-J and I use the elite HDD for all 3 machines.

Dr. twinkletits
09-26-2008, 11:52 AM
Sigh, im bout to do this cuz i don't think microsoft will repair my old one *currently in japan*. They won't let me register my device here......

Ruthless
09-26-2008, 05:48 PM
You do not need to keep downloading your data, But an arcade machine for upstairs and when you want to play unclip your HDD from your 360 downstairs and take it up with you, no downloading required at all.

I have a PAL elite and arcade NTSC and NTSC-J and I use the elite HDD for all 3 machines.

Yeah i have 2 PAL consoles and a NTSC and i have never recovered my account. Just take your 120 HDD with you.

2 upstairs and one down, its so me and my gf can play at the same time, split screen is for losers!!! For the pic i had moved one but it usually downstairs :p Oh and the OP there is no downsides :)

http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd157/ruthless_potato/080912_205451.jpg

@ Jdm - I can play 2 with no lag (1 wired, the other wireless) but i have 20 mb/s ; )

dm master
09-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Yeah i have 2 PAL consoles and a NTSC and i have never recovered my account. Just take your 120 HDD with you.

2 upstairs and one down, its so me and my gf can play at the same time, split screen is for losers!!! For the pic i had moved one but it usually downstairs :p Oh and the OP there is no downsides :)

@ Jdm - I can play 2 with no lag (1 wired, the other wireless) but i have 20 mb/s ; )

except the cost lol but just moving the HDD makes the most sence :) means u dont have to recover and u got ALL ur saves on all the consoles, unless u want to play both at the same time which is when u need a memory card and 2 HDDs

Teve0rz
09-27-2008, 09:54 AM
a memory card would be good, you get a 256mb card with an arcade machine too, so its probably your best bet!

Jdm
09-27-2008, 12:43 PM
@Ruthless, I want to run four 360's at the same time to see if my connection can hold up.

So which one of those 360's is my baby?