PDA

View Full Version : Achievement Speed Ratings

tokiwartooth
09-26-2008, 08:59 AM
i was goofing around on the forums and i found a list of "Speedy" games and "Tough" games to get points on. That got me thinking... would it be practical/ plausible to start a rating system that would appear on each games home page? it could be voted on by the community with the criteria of speed and skill level to get all the points.
Think of it this way: I have recently been finishing off Lego Star Wars TCS, and the game is quite easy to play and learn, but it takes quite some time to 100% the game. It would get a rating for difficulty and time required. so theoretically i would rate it a 2 for difficulty and a 9 for time invested...
Just thought that if users had this information up front when they looked at games, they could pick better games for their style of play...
Let me know what you think, or if this has already been suggested before (I searched and did not find anything), please let me know.
thanks in advance.
toki

jackanape
09-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Trust me when I say this HAS been talked about before, and it is something that is being seriously considered by the powers that be.

For now though the Easy/Tough lists will have to suffice I'm afraid. Hope you enjoy the site.

Nightdragon
09-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Cheers Jacka ;)

He's right, this has been discussed many times and will be considered when the new achievement difficulty rating has been added.