PDA

View Full Version : Exclusive Cars Referral

mitchv79
09-14-2006, 04:11 AM
I don't know if this is old news or not, but I read the offer that came in my game case about the 2 exclusive cars offer for referring someone. I don't have Xbox Live yet, so there is no point in me getting a referral from someone. If this offer is still valid and anyone wants my referral code, post here. I'll check back in a couple days and the member with the most seniority that requests the code will have it emailed to him/her. If this offer has long lost its exclusitivity, just tell me I'm an idiot.

Edit: I am an idiot and I overlooked this thread already about this: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9234

Edit 2: All of the codes in that thread has been given away, so here is a code that is still available. If you can't figure out how it works, it says right on it to do this:

1. go to www.testdriveunlimited.com/referral-program (http://www.testdriveunlimited.com/referral-program)
2. Enter your unique code AND your friend's (that's me) unique code. Codes can be found on the inside cover of your instruction booklet.
3. You receive a Microsoft Xbox Live Token. (I don't have this)
4. Log on to Xbox Live and go to Marketplace.
5. Enter the token to receive your 2 exclusive cars.

These two cars are the McLaren F1 LM and the Pagani Zonda C12S Roadster.

DaKing240
09-14-2006, 04:14 AM
I will research your claim.

mitchv79
09-14-2006, 06:00 AM
I'm assuming that once you enter the two codes, both codes will no longer work, so you can't really trade codes...you have to give them away. So, this will be someone's early Christmas present from me.

mitchv79
09-14-2006, 02:14 PM
You could always go to a rental store and fish for a code, to. I don't know about other stores around the country, but my local Blockbuster puts the instruction booklets in the rental case on the shelf. Simply pull the booklet out, write down the code or snap a picture of it with your camera phone, go home, and try the code to see if you got to it first. If they don't have their instruction booklets within your reach, we've all played enough games to do some simple problem solving: Go to the counter and tell them you want to see the instruction booklet before you try the game out. Once they hand it over, secure the data and tell them you changed your mind, then head for the nearest exit.

Note: The code is on the inside cover or your instruction booklet!

It says on the fine print of the offer that not every copy of Test Drive Unlimited will contain a code. Only the first 175,000 shipped will have one.

zebatov
09-14-2006, 02:57 PM
How do we request here? Just by asking? Pretty please? :)

mitchv79
09-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Alrighty there's one person. I'll give it until tomorrow (Friday) and then give it to the most senior person that wants it.

mitchv79
09-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Well, I have two codes to give away now. I went to take back the games I rented last week and realized that I had rented TDU and then bought it the next day, and I was the first person to rent the game from that store, so I wrote down the code from that one and marked it out with a sharpie so no one can rent it and get the code. Anyway, I now have two codes to give out to whoever wants them. Keep requesting!

nismo4life
09-14-2006, 06:43 PM
Cars suck.

zebatov
09-14-2006, 07:45 PM
I'm gonna go try the movie store thing, but if I can't find one I'll come to you, man!

adamvansanten
09-14-2006, 09:14 PM
I would very much like to have that code, as here in Europe, we don't get them with the game :(. At least not in the Netherlands... So here's another person to add to your give-away list! ;) Thanks.

CHPwannabe
09-14-2006, 10:27 PM
ha if you can go to your local gametop and use the code in the display case.

zebatov
09-14-2006, 11:14 PM
IIIII've got senorityyyyyy :woop:

Oh, by the by. I don't need those codes. Turns out that yes, both people DO get the cars. You don't "give them away". If you didn't get the email, go back to the site and click the link that says something about entering the code but not getting an email. It'll take you to a page where you re-enter the refferal code from your manual and your email address. Voila! The 25-character code to be used in the marketplace should appear below!

TheMollywhopper
09-15-2006, 12:01 AM
I have 3 more referral codes to give away... If anyone wants them (one per person, please) PM me.

CHPwannabe
09-15-2006, 01:39 AM
MWM34-D24PQ-JC83V-MT23C-WMJYQ

THAT IS USED IN XBOX LIVE TO GET TWO FREE CARS, BE MY "FRIEND" and use it. HA ITS FREE.

TheMollywhopper
09-15-2006, 04:13 AM
Sweet, that worked! You'd think they wouldn't allow everyone to use the same code?!

mitchv79
09-15-2006, 01:36 PM
So both people do get the cars huh? Cool. Well adamvansanten, do you still need that code? I'll send it to you in a PM.

Blind Fool
09-15-2006, 09:11 PM
OK, I've had 2 codes emailed to me from Atari (technically one is my friends) and the one on here.

None of them are working, they all say invalid code.

I goto the marketplace, redeem code and key it in? Is that the right place, I assume it is...

HellzManik
09-16-2006, 05:17 AM
Hey Mitch if you've still got a spare code i would appreciate it... (I tried playing online a few times and EVERYONE is kicking my ass with those Mclaren F1's..LoL)

Saeculum Custos I tried using the code that CHPwannabe provided but it didnt work for me either... I guess you just use the REDEEM CODE place in the marketplace.. Not 100% sure though.

PeAcE

KilluhKam
09-16-2006, 05:39 AM
Hey Mitch if you've still got a spare code i would appreciate it... (I tried playing online a few times and EVERYONE is kicking my ass with those Mclaren F1's..LoL)

Saeculum Custos I tried using the code that CHPwannabe provided but it didnt work for me either... I guess you just use the REDEEM CODE place in the marketplace.. Not 100% sure though.

PeAcE

yeah, thats where you go i need a new code though because when i typed mine in and i went to download it i clicked on it to download and it never did so i closed out of it and tryed my code again and it said "invalid code" does anyone know there e-mail so i can report this problem to them? thanks in advance

HellzManik
09-16-2006, 05:44 AM
That sucks.. You would think there would be a way to resume the download..

Here is Atari's contact info..
http://www.atari.com/us/contact_us.php (http://www.atari.com/us/contact_us.php)

PeAcE

Blind Fool
09-16-2006, 11:45 AM
yeah, thats where you go i need a new code though because when i typed mine in and i went to download it i clicked on it to download and it never did so i closed out of it and tryed my code again and it said "invalid code" does anyone know there e-mail so i can report this problem to them? thanks in advance Goto download history and you should be able to download it again.

mitchv79
09-17-2006, 03:30 PM

PeAcE

Yeah, I've got one left. I'll PM it to you in a second.

HellzManik
09-17-2006, 07:54 PM
Thanks ALOT man.. I HIGHLY appreciate it..

PeAcE

MurcielagoZ
09-17-2006, 09:34 PM
Can someone send me a code Please, In my country we can't get the codes because we have late copies not even 1 of the first 175.000.
So Please help me :)

Fartmaster UEO
09-21-2006, 08:47 PM
hey can someone please do it with me.. I would like to get those two cars. So let me know if we can do it also can I use the code that was stated above or do I need a new one

Smokez
09-23-2006, 02:24 AM
The Codes dont work anymore. I tried it today and it said that the program has ended. That sucks for me bc i just bought it today

Wet Factory
09-28-2006, 12:47 PM
can anyone else confirm that the program has ended since I just bought my copy of TDU yesterday and have a code I want to use

eggnog
09-28-2006, 07:06 PM
Wet, it's already been said it's ended. Please don't ressurect week old threads.

And, yes, sadly, it has ended.