PDA

View Full Version : DLC week of 9/30

Dla911
09-26-2008, 09:41 PM
Dont see it posted yet so here ya go

Hey everybody,

We're proud to announce next week's content for DLC - Red Hot Chili Pepper's Blood Sugar Sex Magik full album. One track from this album Give It Away is available on the Rock Band 2 disc.

Album: Blood Sugar Sex Magik

The Power of Equality
If You Have to Ask
Breaking the Girl
Funky Monks
Suck My Kiss
I Could Have Lied
Mellowship Slinky in B Major
The Righteous & The Wicked
Blood Sugar Sex Magik
Under the Bridge
Naked in the Rain
Apache Rose Peacock
The Greeting Song
My Lovely Man
Sir Psycho Sexy
They're Red Hot

The full album of Blood Sugar Sex Magik will be available for $19.99 (1600 Microsoft Points). Each track will also be available for $1.99 individually (160 Microsoft Points). The album will be available on Tuesday, September 30th on Xbox 360, and Thursday, October 2nd on PS3.

ComanderHalfjaw
09-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Love alot of songs from this band, great addition to my collection,

Taker447
09-26-2008, 10:01 PM
Deffintly have to pick up "Under The Bridge"

Dla911
09-26-2008, 10:21 PM
3 albums in 3 weeks is killing me, I will be picking this one up when i have the cash.

Tained sainity
09-26-2008, 10:43 PM
I hope this game does come out in November over here in the UK because as it stand there are 53 or 54 tracks I want to export across to Rock Band 2, but on topic I think I actually might buy this album when I get the game or at least a few of the tracks love the band.

Dex
09-26-2008, 10:58 PM
I think I might just buy Under The Bridge... I love that song.

I was never a huge RHCP fan, and after listening to this album for the last week, I don't think I really want to play most of these songs.

nightmare975
09-26-2008, 11:22 PM
Hmm, more of a By The Way Fan. God I wish I didn't lose that CD.

May skip, may grab some songs.

Matrarch
09-26-2008, 11:50 PM

I was never a huge RHCP fan, and after listening to this album for the last week, I don't think I really want to play most of these songs.

I agree pretty much completely. Whoever decides what singles to release off of the RHCP albums does an excellent job. I never like the full album as much as the radio stuff.

I'm definitely getting Under the Bridge and will probably also get Breaking the Girl. Other than that, this week is a pass.

Feels like forever since HMX only gave us three songs in a week, eh? ;)

SebastianSB
09-27-2008, 12:29 AM
I agree pretty much completely. Whoever decides what singles to release off of the RHCP albums does an excellent job. I never like the full album as much as the radio stuff.

I'm definitely getting Under the Bridge and will probably also get Breaking the Girl. Other than that, this week is a pass.

that hasn't happened since Rush got delayed and they gave us Locksley, right?

Dla911
09-27-2008, 02:17 AM

Ya this Album/Alot of songs each week is killing my pocket fast :)

Matrarch
09-27-2008, 02:34 AM
It's only going to get worse for our wallets. 4 more full albums are supposed to come out by the end of the year.

I may not have all my facts straight, but here's a couple of thoughts about the amount of DLC we can expect. Including next week, there are 14 weeks left in the year. If I recall correctly, HMX stated there would be 500 tracks by year's end.

Right now, there are 373 tracks available for RB if you add all the DLC (231), RB1 (58), and RB2 (84). That leaves 127 tracks to be released.

Divided over the course of 14 weeks, that's roughly 9 tracks a week. Less the 20 tracks we're supposed to be getting for free, that's 7-8 DLC tracks a week.

I think I hear my wallet crying. o_O

And sorry if the math is off. It's not my strength. -_-

blurbia
09-27-2008, 03:06 AM
Does that mean we are getting foo fighters or the offspring next next week? (oct 7)

I'll get quite a few tracks from the Foo Fighters.

Matrarch
09-27-2008, 03:08 AM
Next week, I don't know, but before the end of the year, yes. I'd think they'd give us a week or two without full album purchases so we can replenish our MSP a bit. ;)

xCOBRAx
09-27-2008, 03:34 AM
im a little suprised that this album was released to be honest. dont get me wrong great album, it was one of the prime albums during the Rap Rock generation, but thats just it, its rap rock. I already have enough of a problem with beastie boys and pretty much anything else thats a full talking song being in the game as it is, so i wont be picking up many of these songs. Just under the bridge and probably breaking the girl.

Now if they released Californiacation, the rest of stadium arcadium, or by the way i would buy that full album in a heartbeat

animeaddict42
09-27-2008, 04:42 AM
im a little suprised that this album was released to be honest. dont get me wrong great album, it was one of the prime albums during the Rap Rock generation, but thats just it, its rap rock. I already have enough of a problem with beastie boys and pretty much anything else thats a full talking song being in the game as it is, so i wont be picking up many of these songs. Just under the bridge and probably breaking the girl.

Now if they released Californiacation, the rest of stadium arcadium, or by the way i would buy that full album in a heartbeat
Now you see, most people wouldn't put RHCP and Beastie Boys in the same clumping :p. I would not call RHCP rap rock, I would call their old stuff funk rock with rap and hard rock undertones, if I felt like being extremely specific. Anyway, I am definitely buying every single off of this album, and maybe a couple others, but that 1600 points for 16 songs deal... its tantalizing me and making my wallet cry at the same time.

blackjw23
09-27-2008, 05:32 AM
just under the bridge for me, rock band 2 is getting too expensive

aPerfektFIaw
09-27-2008, 09:49 AM
UNDER THE BRIDGE FTW!!

favorite album but ill only grab Breaking the Girl and Suck My Kiss to reminisce a bit. Not a huge RHCP fan but i know wayyy too many of their hits (all too well) to care about shelling out for the other songs.

Sorry for the lack of comparisons but this album is what i usually compare other albums to.

Lonsta DaMonsta
09-27-2008, 09:55 AM
FIaw... good to see you around man. And yeah, Those are the songs I'm picking up, too... a RHCP Greatest Hits DLC would be KILLER! (I like just a few songs from each album... Can't Stop, Around The World, Californication, ahh too many to name!)

TooMuchCowbell
09-27-2008, 10:24 AM
I would prefer if they did a "Best of" rather than just an album, like they did with The Who. I don't think I've ever liked all the songs from one album, except a "Best of" or "Greatest Hits" album. That way, you get the best and most famous songs from throughout the band's career.

*Sigh* I would love Around the World on bass.

sharonoagain
09-27-2008, 01:05 PM
Don't forget, this is one of 6 promised. We've had Megadeth and now RHCP so there are 4 left ... and Harmonix continues to deliver.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?p=1107154#post1107154

edd__
09-27-2008, 02:24 PM

I wouldn't really call this album rap rock, or at all RHCP. Some of their earlier stuff had more rap-style lyrics and vocals, but musically very different from Beastie Boys. All of them are amazing instrumentalists, and it's so much more noticeable on the albums with the classic (and current) lineup than on their other stuff.

Even so, this ain't my favourite album, will give a miss on most of them :| As above, Under the Bridge and Breaking The Girl are a must. But am tempted by Funky Monks and Power of Equality

I read a post on the RB forums that really made me laugh where people were talking about Sir Psycho Sexy being an instrumental track ;D

ElmoTrooperX
09-27-2008, 02:46 PM
OMFG THIS MY FAVORITE BAND IHAVE TO TYPE ALL CAPS (djVEDJKBFGSDUHKBFUYSDGUK) THATS MY EXCITEMENT

Sorry, but they are great, if you play its has some great songs is considered by many to be there best album.
Its funny because we were saying how blood sugar sex magic couldnt make cause of censoring (sir psycho sexy)
It has some difficult songs (or at least I would think they are since I love this album)
And if you playbass on RB you'll just have som much fun. Can't wait to see what they do with guitar, theyre some awesome solos in their.

I want to type som much more but, I wont.

Buy it no matter what no question.

Except for, "they're red hot" unless you wanna try to sing that (P.S. "theyre red hot" is not their usaual style justincase thats the first you listen to.) WOOHOO

ElmoTrooperX
09-27-2008, 02:55 PM
I love all the songs in their albums, and to add another observation. The singer does do alot of rap, but as you'll notice its often mixed in with awesome vocals, because he can sing excellently hes just great at mixing those in. The bass is just awesome on their albums especially this one and guitar is fantastic also. (I cant rember every single part this is just a somewhat educated guess) On a diffulculty of 1-10 it would be :

Guitar- 7
Bass- 7
Vocals 8
Drums 6

These guys are all great at what they do

Ive been listen to their oldstuff for about three months and a song noone else recommended was my lovely many which i think is beatiful and so adrenaline filled.
It so genious in the empty coure where the guitarist just palm mutes his part in the second chorus and it just bass.
Also awesome solo in it.

SebastianSB
09-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Next time, go ahead and just edit your other post to avoid a double post.

OzzieDreamer
09-27-2008, 04:25 PM
I love seeing all this content coming out! The music industry finally figured out how to make some money. Points cards were sold out last time I was at CC, and they were backordered on Amazon. That's probably because of everyone needing them to convert RB1 songs, but it is a good thing!

Keep 'em coming!

edd__
09-27-2008, 04:54 PM
Oh god, ElmoTrooper, your spelling and general coherence is just awful. I tried to read your post.. but alas..

Wanted to point out though that while Anthony Keidis is a good singer, back then he wasn't as developed as he's become and tbh, his voice isn't as amazing as you've hyped it up as ;D

xCOBRAx
09-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Oh god, ElmoTrooper, your spelling and general coherence is just awful. I tried to read your post.. but alas..

Wanted to point out though that while Anthony Keidis is a good singer, back then he wasn't as developed as he's become and tbh, his voice isn't as amazing as you've hyped it up as ;D

i agree, that post made babies cry. sorry edd i should have picked a better comparision than the beastie boys. How about Rage Against the Machine? Clearly rap rock, now compare a song such as lets say Testify, to Suck My Kiss....totally rap rock. Aeroplanes and Blood,Sex,Sugar,Magik were their rap rock cds and then they moved into a different style of music.

oh and random guy that decided how hard the songs are going to be. I seriously doubt that, there will be some easy and some really hard ones. Ex. Tell me baby vs. Snow. Same album one is insane the other is not

Inhale3xhale
09-27-2008, 11:14 PM
Breaking the Girl
Suck My Kiss
Under the Bridge

Only ones off this CD I know...oh well, they'll be the 3 I'm for sure buying.

edd__
09-28-2008, 12:05 AM
i agree, that post made babies cry. sorry edd i should have picked a better comparision than the beastie boys. How about Rage Against the Machine? Clearly rap rock, now compare a song such as lets say Testify, to Suck My Kiss....totally rap rock. Aeroplanes and Blood,Sex,Sugar,Magik were their rap rock cds and then they moved into a different style of music.

oh and random guy that decided how hard the songs are going to be. I seriously doubt that, there will be some easy and some really hard ones. Ex. Tell me baby vs. Snow. Same album one is insane the other is not
Yeah, i suppose that comparison is a bit more just. But i still don't really equate them together. Maybe it's just my skewed affection for originality (and for both bands in the example), but i just don't see the similarities that much. But i get what you're saying.
By Aeroplanes do you mean the album with Aeroplane on it: One Hot Minute? 'cos if anything, that was the first album when they were moving forward. Dave Navarro's more classic rock styled guitar and Anthony Kiedis i believe was back on drugs at the time so it had a much more psychedelic feel to the album with more dreamlike escapist lyricism and echoy, high-pitched guitar wankery. In a way, that paved the way for their much more straight-forward rock of By The Way and Californication imo.

I could ramble on as sleep is escaping me, and my retention for useless facts knows no bounds... so i'm trying to hold myself back a bit.
In fact, i'm completely holding myself back. I'd just written a huge long thing about them and it was complete bullshit. I had no idea what i was trying to say and need to go to bed ffs ;D

Iv VeNoM vI
09-28-2008, 02:12 AM

Under the bri
dge?

SebastianSB
09-28-2008, 02:35 AM
Under the bridge?

I'll give you a hint...it's a song on the album that this topic is about.

Sofa KingSavage
09-29-2008, 07:39 AM
The wifey is a big fan ... these should get her to play more :woop:

mailmanchris
09-29-2008, 09:30 AM
I'll be one of the few to stand up for this album. It is one of only a handful of the 2000+ albums/cds I own that I can listen to front to back and love every song. (You know what I mean... there's almost always that one song in the middle of a cd you have to skip)

I am so looking forward to this. Breaking the Girl is an absolutely beautiful song, Under the Bridge is RCHP's biggest selling single but I think I most adore Apache Rose Peacock.

I too, wonder how they will handle lyrical content of ARP and Sir Pyscho Sexy. It's not just the words but entire sentences. Not sure which is the most offensive in Sir Psycho... I'd list em here but decorum keeps me from doing so. (If you don't know the lyrics, google is your friend.)

I wouldn't buy Metallica-Death Magnetic if it was half-price.
This one....1600 points gone first thing Tuesday morning.

edd__
09-29-2008, 11:26 AM
Under the Bridge is RCHP's biggest selling single
I'm a man of facts. And i'm pretty sure that Dani California has outsold Under the Bridge.

But i get what you're saying about being able to listen to it all without skipping a track. But tbh, i'm not sure if i could do that with any RHCP album, except maybe the Greatest Hits ;D

xCOBRAx
09-29-2008, 05:32 PM
I'm a man of facts. And i'm pretty sure that Dani California has outsold Under the Bridge.

But i get what you're saying about being able to listen to it all without skipping a track. But tbh, i'm not sure if i could do that with any RHCP album, except maybe the Greatest Hits ;D
edds right i just checked, and for me it would be stadium arcadium, that album is amazing

edd__
09-29-2008, 06:41 PM
see for me i think there is some great tracks on Stadium Arcadium, but on the whole it's a bit lacklustre. I think if they'd condensed it down and just picked half the tracks, made it a one disc affair, then i'd be saying the opposite.
Too much filler, not enough killer.

mailmanchris
09-29-2008, 08:51 PM
I should clarify about my Under The Bridge comment rather than just edit it. Under the Bridge was released a single for sale in record stores both as a Cass-Single and a CD Single. Dani California is available on I-Tunes at a reduced price in an Ipod era, so singles sales are more easily accessible now. I can't find specific sales info for either. Billboard only lists Dani as Multi-Platinum and Bridge as Gold. However, they list Bridge as not being certified Gold until 8/18/08 which is obviously flawed.

If you look at chartability, Under the Bridge charted at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Dani California peaked at #6 and the only other chartable top 10 in the band's history was Scar Tissue at #9.

As for the album, It's technically the 3rd highest selling album at 12 million. Californication sold over 15 million. Stadium Arcadium only sold 7 million but since it's a double album, Billboard recognizes it as 14 million sold (which is BS).

Personally, I wish this DLC also included the other song recorded during the BloodSugarSexMagic session, Soul to Squeeze. It was a Funky Monks b-side but wasn't released until the Coneheads soundtrack and then sold as a single. That's another beautiful ballad that would play well.

Ok, radio/cd sales geekery over. Now, I'm gonna get back to playin' some Rock Band.....

mailmanchris
09-30-2008, 04:27 PM
So I'm at work. Has anyone tried the DL yet? I wanna know what they lyrics look like for Sir Psycho Sexy...

haigha
09-30-2008, 04:33 PM
A tip for all of you parting with your hard earned cash: Amazon is selling MS points for $16 for 1600 and $40 for 4000, at least as of today :drunk

Also, you get a free 1600 points card with RB2 purchase until Oct. 4.

edd__
09-30-2008, 04:49 PM
I can get 2100MSP for 7 (~$14). Quids in!

Been watching some videos on the songs on youtube as my xbox is currently deadsies, and not as impressed as i was hoping. Under the Bridge seems too easy, and stuff like Suck My Kiss and Funky Monks look boring as. although the drumming on Breaking the Girl is awesome.

I was doing some maths earlier, and if i'm right, this brings the total DLC count up to 244. Add the 68 tracks from RB1 and the 84 from RB2, and that'll give you 396 tracks. Then factor in the upcoming albums: Foo Fighters/Colour and the Shape - 12 tracks (13 on the album, minus Everlong); Jane's Addiction/Nothing's Shocking - 10 (11 - Mountain Song); Stevie Ray Vaughn/Texas Flood - 10; and No Doubt's best of i'm estimating max of 10 songs. And the free 20 songs, which might not be a Tuesday run-of-the-mill DLC release, but for the sake of argument, let's say it is.
Altogether, that makes 458 (give or take a few No Doubt tracks).

There's 13 Tuesdays left until the end of 2008, but take out the 4 albums, and the 20 free ones (assuming they're a Tuesday), that leaves 8 weeks to make up the other 42 that HMX will appear before '09. Which roughly equates to at least 5 songs a week. So that's a pretty big strain on the purse strings, especially considering the impending doom that is Christmas, and for us in Europe, the release of RB2.

I'm tempted to sell my house.

artvandel4y
09-30-2008, 06:44 PM
I like RHCP, but not enough to buy this album. I tried downloading a few of the songs, but there's an error message. I can download other things just fine, even RB songs, so is anyone else having this problem?

haigha
09-30-2008, 08:16 PM
I can get 2100MSP for 7 (~$14). Quids in!

Perhaps you should share the info with your fellow Quiddingtons? ;)

Amazon.co.uk: List 17.49, Sale 16.98

Amazon.co.uk: Xbox Live 2100 Pts card: PC & Video Games

Seems like the consoles cost more in the UK too :confused:

Inhale3xhale
09-30-2008, 08:48 PM
For some reason I can't download the new songs that I want. Maybe its just my net, but has anyone else had this issue?

Didn't see 2 posts up. This sucks, I wanna play RHCP

mailmanchris
09-30-2008, 09:09 PM
Saw the video for Sir Psycho Sexy. The cuts are atrocious but I expected nothing less.

Here's the transcript (credit greenyfortehwin) that I found at http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86905

================================================== ==

A long, long, long, long time ago
Before the wind, before the snow
Lived a man, lived a man I know
Lived a freak of nature named Sir Psycho

Sir Psycho Sexy that is me
Sometimes I find I need to scream

He's a freak of nature
But we love him so
He's a freak of nature
But we let him go

Deep inside the garden of Eden
Standing there with my *** bleedin'
Theres a devil in my **** and some demons in my *****
Good God no that would be treason
Believe me Eve she gave good reason
Botty looking too good not to be squeezin'
********* hotter than a fever
I'm a givin' 'cause she's the reciever
I won't and I don't hang up until I please her
Makin' her feel like an over achiever
I take it away for a minute *******
Then I give it back a little bit ******

Sir Psycho Sir Psycho yea he's the man that I met 1 time
Sir Psycho Sir Psycho yea he's the man that left me blind
Sir Psycho Sir Psycho yea he's the man he's the man he's
the man (chorus)

He's a freak of nature
But we love him so
He's a freak of nature
But we let him go

I got stopped by a lady cop
In my automobile
That cop she was all dressed in blue
Was she pretty? Boy I'm tellin' you
Like a ram getting ready to jam the ***
She whimpered just a little when she felt my hand
Proppin' her up on the black and white

(chorus)

Hello young woman that I love
Pretty punk rock mamma that I'm thinking of
Hold me naked if you will
In your arms in your legs **** I'd kill
To be with you, to kiss with you, I do miss you
I love you

Lay me down...
Descending waves of graceful pleasure
For your love there is no measure
Her curves they bend with subtle splendor

Now I lay me down to sleep
I pray the funk will make me freak
If I should die before I waked
Allow me Lord to rock out naked
Bored by the ordinary time to take a trip
Calling up a little girl with a bull whip
Lickety split go snap ****
The tallest tree the sweetest sap
Blowin' my ass right off the map
Ooo and it's nice out here
I think I'll stay for a while

================================================== =

Damn. I'll still buy the album, but Damn.....

What The Buck?
09-30-2008, 09:27 PM
For some reason I can't download the new songs that I want. Maybe its just my net, but has anyone else had this issue?

Didn't see 2 posts up. This sucks, I wanna play RHCP

Neither can I!

It downloads 1% and says cannot download!

RIP OFF! I WANT MY MSP BACK!

Phil709
09-30-2008, 09:30 PM
Album factoid: Red Blood, Hot Sugar, Chili Sex, Peppers Magik

mailmanchris
10-01-2008, 03:10 AM

Huh? Other than Red and Blood, none of the other couplings make any sense.

Neither can I!

It downloads 1% and says cannot download!

RIP OFF! I WANT MY MSP BACK!

I was able to D/L 1st try. Hope it's working for you now.

Inhale3xhale
10-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Well, its 3.29 AM my time, and my downloads finally completed.

Sigh, now on to breaking the top 40 on drums.

xCOBRAx
10-01-2008, 10:50 AM
for those of you that had issues, XBL has been off and on today, been up and down a couple of times so this may attribute to your problems. Rest assured tho if it says on your blade that you have the song purchased, then the song is purchased. You might not have it now but once all the problems are worked out im sure you will be able to re-download it no problem

As for the tracks i got, Under the Bridge is of course awesome. i dont really think i have to write anything to sell it. I also got breaking the girl which had a really fun and interesting guitar part. Havent gotten to do the drums but singing was as with any RHCP song a blast. Bass line was also pretty decent.

mailmanchris
10-01-2008, 07:45 PM
I played through the entire album last night. The Expert bass track is fantastic. I was 5*ing Expert guitar but only 3-4* expert bass. (both unusual for me).

Moving on to vocals tomorrow. Maybe I can get my copy of RB2 back from my brother and play bass in my solo career instead of on RB1 quickplay.

JedEgan
10-01-2008, 09:04 PM
Just finished playing through the whole album in order, it was a lot easier than I thought it would be, only songs that threw me for six were Apache Rose Peacock and The Greeting Song. Sir Psycho Sexy is my favorite off the album but they butchered it with censoring.

They should have a parental control thing that matches up with the parental controls on the Xbox. If the player's underage it censors it, if not, then it's the original song.

Inhale3xhale
10-01-2008, 09:31 PM
for those of you that had issues, XBL has been off and on today, been up and down a couple of times so this may attribute to your problems. Rest assured tho if it says on your blade that you have the song purchased, then the song is purchased. You might not have it now but once all the problems are worked out im sure you will be able to re-download it no problem

As for the tracks i got, Under the Bridge is of course awesome. i dont really think i have to write anything to sell it. I also got breaking the girl which had a really fun and interesting guitar part. Havent gotten to do the drums but singing was as with any RHCP song a blast. Bass line was also pretty decent.

I bought Under The Bridge, Suck My Kiss, I Could Have Lied, and Breaking The Girl. The drum parts on Bridge and Lied are kinda slow, I even FC'ed Lied on my sightread. But Suck My Kiss and Breaking have fun, interesting parts on drums. I'd definitely recommend playing them RIGHT now.

Phil709
10-02-2008, 02:32 AM
Huh? Other than Red and Blood, none of the other couplings make any sense.

I was able to D/L 1st try. Hope it's working for you now.

Check the album cover: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/RHCP-BSSM.jpg It makes sense to Peppers I guess.

Inhale3xhale
10-02-2008, 02:56 AM

Maybe it was just easy to put in that order? I can see Red Blood, maybe Hot Sex, but Chili and Peppers are drawing blanks lol. That "They're Red Hot" song makes me laugh anytime I see a youtube video. A good one is IBitePrettyHard barely making it on vocals.

SebastianSB
10-02-2008, 03:22 AM
Check the album cover: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/5e/RHCP-BSSM.jpg It makes sense to Peppers I guess.

I don't think it was supposed to make sense really...I think it was just the style they chose to lay out the album title and band name....just like how the band members are each on separate sides.

edd__
10-02-2008, 10:56 AM
sorry man, but what the heck is your point? It's not really an interesting fact at all.
if you look at other artwork from the time, such as the Under the Bridge or Give It Away cover, it's written similarly in the mixing of the band name and title, alternating one by one:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/41/UndertheBridge.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/83/Give_It_Away_Single_Cover.jpg

I don't see how your original post means anything! It's not a fact(oid) at all, is it?

Phil709
10-02-2008, 11:34 AM
I forgot that the words were actually written in that order on the cover. It's because I also happened to read it elsewhere as a "cool album fact". As far as I'm concerned it makes perfect sense. They were looking for words that could go with their band name, but that would also sound cool if you said without the band name.