PDA

View Full Version : Shrink Ray achievement

Wilkz07
09-27-2008, 01:46 PM
If you are having trouble locating enemies to shrink and squish in your quest for the achievement you can shrink the alien pods and squish them to add to the overall score.

mjc0961
09-28-2008, 06:41 AM
You mean the ones with the naked chicks who ask you to kill them? If so, that's pretty cool. I was gonna stomp them anyway; might as well shrink them first. Thanks for the tip. :)

benbam87
09-28-2008, 11:20 AM
I found a really easy way to get this. All you need to do is save the game once you get a shrink ray then use it on nearby enemies. Once you use up all the ammo suicide then replay the same part again until you recieve the achievement

mjc0961
09-28-2008, 12:21 PM
Wow, that's even better. And according to Nevander's guide, the first shirker was back in Episode 1. I'm gonna have to go back to that level and find it. :Bounce:

birdshake
09-29-2008, 07:15 AM
Which level in Episode one does the shrinker first show up? I know for sure it's not Hollywood Holocaust.

Chada Darkmane
09-30-2008, 05:45 AM
i think he might of been refering to that wall mounted shrinker in level 4 that you use to get into the small vent, because im pretty confident there is no shrinker weapon in episode 1.

benbam87
09-30-2008, 06:26 AM
If my memory is right I think I id it on Ep2 M2 as there were loads of guys nearby so I got it Quickly :)

mjc0961
09-30-2008, 02:02 PM
i think he might of been refering to that wall mounted shrinker in level 4 that you use to get into the small vent, because im pretty confident there is no shrinker weapon in episode 1.

Well, either way I found one soon enough in Episode 2 anyway, so I didn't have time to go back and look.

RizlaFino420
10-04-2008, 05:39 AM
does the game count every shrink kill you do or does it have to be in only single player games or whats the deal with this achievement, basically?

RizlaFino420
10-04-2008, 07:56 AM
disregard that last post. and my advice would be to actually go for the achievement on 'spin cycle' the first secret level on Lunar Apocalypse (E2M10) because there are two shrinkers on that level and tons of enemies to use it on not to mention tons of health and a first aid pack all within easy reach.

just grab the first shrinker from the delta corridor on the outside of the spinning thing and then go to an area in the middle where the big door hasn't opened yet. wait for the bad guys and shrink and stomp em. you can shoot the floaty rocket shooting guys also. the key is to not let them wander onto the spinning thing or it can be a huge pain in the butt to get them. if you run out of shrinker ammo or just feel adventureous walk around the center thing and eventually you will come across another shrinker right across from the beta corridor and there are a ton of enemies by it. just watch out for the floaty rocket guy cause he will mess you up pretty bad.

raycharles1409
10-06-2008, 02:55 PM
The first time i found The Shrinker was on "Space Port" in a secret area....its locatet were there is a big hole in the sealing and then just press "X" then you wil find a elevator which will bring you down to The Shrinker

RRIKER
10-06-2008, 06:59 PM
I think Episode 2 Stage 2 is the best level for this (Lunar Apocalypse, Incubator). It's a relatively short level and you are deposited into an area FILLED with eggs to squish (at least 20) as well as the shrink ray and 25 shrinker ammo. 2-3 replays ought to do ya.